Closed Thread
Page 15 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Publix deli subs are the best. And you can get Boar's Head meats on them if you want, but the Publix deli meat is still pretty damn good.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Publix subs are pretty damn good.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    local delis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. subway, its not even close
    If they're so much better, why can't they afford to expand? If they were so good that they need 42 and a half greater than signs, they'd be rolling in money, and expanded across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    If they're so much better, why can't they afford to expand? If they were so good that they need 42 and a half greater than signs, they'd be rolling in money, and expanded across the country.
    They do expand; that's how these deli chains get started. Subway didn't appear out of no where with thousands of stores as a popular national chain.

You don't see them popping up with mass-chains everywhere because delis have incredibly low profit margins and low demand. They're a less popular food choice in America, with more expensive prices, more expensive ingredients, and a higher labor requirement. And compete directly with major powerhouses like McDonald's and BK. All of which become more difficult by multiplies if you try to expand, all for next to no profit increase unless you start sacrificing one of the above (for worse service, worse food, or even lower profits).

There's a reason that there are so many national food chains in this country, with only one 'successful' deli franchise (Quiznos being nearly $1b in debt).

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Don't forget the fact that a lot of people in this country shop based on what they recognize rather than based on quality which also has a huge influence on which restaurants are successful or not. Even the highest quality deli that is obscure and having a hard time getting known will fail next to a terrible sub par deli that is a national chain and has a huge add budget.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Friend zoned by a fat chick today, feels bad man :/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

>2012
    >wanting to date a fat chick

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Publix subs are pretty damn good.
    Their deli is just all around fucking amazing. I used to work at a publix for 2.5years and hated every second of it, but I will still stand by how delicious they are with their deli. Oh goddddd.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    They do expand; that's how these deli chains get started. Subway didn't appear out of no where with thousands of stores as a popular national chain.

You don't see them popping up with mass-chains everywhere because delis have incredibly low profit margins and low demand. They're a less popular food choice in America, with more expensive prices, more expensive ingredients, and a higher labor requirement. And compete directly with major powerhouses like McDonald's and BK. All of which become more difficult by multiplies if you try to expand, all for next to no profit increase unless you start sacrificing one of the above (for worse service, worse food, or even lower profits).

There's a reason that there are so many national food chains in this country, with only one 'successful' deli franchise (Quiznos being nearly $1b in debt).
    Wow, so subway must be really good to have came out on top despite the odds being stacked against them!

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

2/10

Wow, so subway must be really good to have came out on top despite the odds being stacked against them!
    Purposefully being this obtuse?

Yeah, sure, I throw in my cards. You're right.

Them Subway people are the only ones in the nation that know how to make a good sandwich. It has nothing to do with demand, profit margins, market barriers to entry, the differences between a small business and a national chain, the risk, or profits.

Subway, is just that awesome.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post

Subway, is just that awesome.
    The Buffalo chicken with provolone, bacon, and extra ranch IS pretty awesome.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Comment about hypocritical calorie counters, get 1 page of local deli discussion.

Awesome

Celeste

Convenience stores are so hit or miss for me. I hate 7-Eleven because your comments about store cleanliness or service are constantly ignored by the franchise management. They're always so pissy. Would rather tell you to get out than do something about the wrinkly hot dogs on the grill, or the perpetually sticky floor.

It's so bad that I just buy in bulk at Walmart and forgo the convenience of a shit smelling cesspool.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only think I'll eat from a gas station are their knockoff Egg McMuffins. The gas station around the corner from me has some that uses french toast instead of an English muffin. Still, only before 9 AM or they've been on the warming rack too long and are dry as hell.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

can't tell if serious or trolling. I live by arguably the best deli in the country, Zingerman's. They never expanded or cheapened their quality. They have a coffee shop, bakery, deli, and restaurant all located within the same block in down town Ann Arbor. Near everything is made in house, including the bread, curing their own meats, making their own everything on the sandwiches, in house gelato, buying raw coffee beans and roasting/mixing in house. The place is a damn wonder, to think about how they manage to do everything themselves in house. It's rather expensive and they do ship their foods around country. My point is they could very easily expand into a corporation, but they don't because they actually care about quality.

*quick edit* i was sitting by the owner one day while eating, and was listening to him talk to his operating partner about profits for the quarter and it was almost disgusting the amount of money they make. fuck now I want a sandwich...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaustx View Post
    can't tell if serious or trolling. I live by arguably the best deli in the country, Zingerman's. They never expanded or cheapened their quality. They have a coffee shop, bakery, deli, and restaurant all located within the same block in down town Ann Arbor. Near everything is made in house, including the bread, curing their own meats, making their own everything on the sandwiches, in house gelato, buying raw coffee beans and roasting/mixing in house. The place is a damn wonder, to think about how they manage to do everything themselves in house. It's rather expensive and they do ship their foods around country. My point is they could very easily expand into a corporation, but they don't because they actually care about quality.

*quick edit* i was sitting by the owner one day while eating, and was listening to him talk to his operating partner about profits for the quarter and it was almost disgusting the amount of money they make. fuck now I want a sandwich...
    I work in point of sales support, so I can see sales data occasionally for places, and some of these restaurants make ridiculous amounts of money. Not to mention the tips. I know tips can be good, but i'm fairly certain their are average waiters that make more in tips in one day than I make in 3 days.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    >2012
    >wanting to date a fat chick
    Who said anything about dating?

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Stopped by McDonald's to get a coke before work this morning and go on my merry way. I've been at work for a few minutes before I take a drink and realize that they gave me diet coke. Fuck you McDonald's, if I wanted shitty ass tasting diet I would have asked for it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i hate hate HATE when that happens.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast