Closed Thread
Page 16 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Or when you get your drink home and find out that it's actually something that tastes like flavoured water since there's no fizz.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

or when they dont give u a straw (drive-thru)

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I love how my first tech call of the day yesterday was due to the county's IT department removing solitaire through group policy. Fuck you people, solitaire is not a god damn tech emergency. If your that fucking bored, www.pogo.com

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Why would you stop at Mcdonalds for a coke instead of a dep (I guess the rest of the world calls them corner stores)?
    why would you not have a sip of it your entire drive to work?
    And I thought all Mcdonald's upgraded to self-serve fountain drinks?

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'm guessing he did drive thru which is prolly why he didn't stop in a corner store so he didn't have to get out of the car

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Acceptable in that case

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tweek pretty much nailed it, the McD's is a block from my work and it's faster to hit the drive through instead of going into a 7-Eleven or something. It's also cheaper since all fountain drinks at McD's are $1 no matter the size.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I know the feeling. Get out of truck, lock the door, walk into store, browse what they have, end up spending more money than I really wanted to (usually on junk), back out to the truck, unlock, get in, seatbelt, turn on, back out, fight traffic on the way out of the parking lot ...

Fuck that noise. Unless I need something (like Advil) that I can't get at McDs, drive thru is always the better option. Though lately I've been trying so hard not to eat that crap, it makes it really hard since I love the mechanics of drive thru but the only thing you can get with it is junky fattening crap. I suppose that's true American random fail: FWP. Too lazy to eat healthy. :/

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

"Corner stores" are dirty and scummy where I live, don't know about anyone elses. Not to mention downright dangerous at some of them at night (groups who hang out there in the parking lot, individual hold-ups, etc). Sheetz or GetGo and nowhere else for me. Wouldn't touch a 7/11 or similar store for the life of me.

I also don't use drive thru either, when getting fast food. I find it too impersonal.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

There is a place here that is a drive thru convince store. You can get anything you could get at a gas station. My friend uses it to get drinks and smokes at the same time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Working at Publix(Grocery store) as a cashier. Get huge order from woman. Finish completing 400$+ order only to have her look at me, say "Oh right", dig through her purse, pull out a checkbook and write a check. Murderrape everywhere.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Checks should be illegal now they're so slow compared to a cash or card purchase.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

I can't stop reading that as "pube licks".

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Checks should be illegal now they're so slow compared to a cash or card purchase.
    Here sir, here's my jar of pennies. What was the total again? $287.46? Yeah, there should be enough in there.

But seriously. Who even writes checks?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Here sir, here's my jar of pennies. What was the total again? $287.46? Yeah, there should be enough in there.

But seriously. Who even writes checks?
    Rent for apartments. Fuck paying extra for money orders.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My apartments charge extra to pay online, and money orders cost a little extra money to get also so i drop of a check each and every month. They also have use in rare occasions still even if the current books i have will last me until i die.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I use checks for offering at church, and for wedding gifts. Not much else.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    People need to get out of the stone age. Of course, the stores do too.

We run checks pretty much the exact same as a debit card. They scan really fast now, so it takes the about the same amount of time. Probably even less if it's under $150 as you don't have to sign for it.

Edit: I mean, I guess I just have absolutely no problem with them now after going through years of having to hand-key the routing numbers when I was younger. Fuck that noise. It's like mofucking greased lightning now.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

my HOA doesn't let me pay via phone, auto-pay or pay online I'm forced to write checks It's literally the only monthly bill I have that isn't set up for auto-pay

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I have two fails to share:
    #governmentfail

First Fail:
    I used to work at a stevedore company in Tampa. We loaded ships, unloaded ships, stored goods in warehouses, etc. In the warehouse I helped manage, there is Foriegn Trade Zone. For those who don't know, a Foreign Trade Zone allows someone to bring cargo into the US, but cannot "bring them into the country" until tarrifs and other fees are paid. This allows people who have cargo that is going to sit someplace for a short amount of time to be temporarily stored before going back out to sea. It saves them money.

Anyway, for the fail. The local customs agents are probably the most asinine officers I have had ever worked with. If there is some way to prove that they are worth the money spent, they would try to prove it. Anyway, they paid the stevedore company a visit one day to inspect a restricted zone (8 officers... fucking 8 officers to do one man's job). They claimed we had a zone open at that time and that nothing was reported by us on the zone's activity. We showed them documents that the zone was closed out two years ago by us and that one of the officers signed the OK to close it (and that officer was present at the meeting). After the managers convince them that the document was legal and the officer magically remembering that he signed it, they needed to try to find a way to prove their worth. So they wanted all the Foreign Trade Zone documents we had that are open AND closed.

I received a phone call from my manager that I and the warehouse clerk had 5 minutes to get all the paperwork up the main office of there would be consequences. The clerk and I looked at each other like "WTF?" We had to tell the customers we had at the warehouse dropping off cargo to stay put while we do this. We had to grab 7 years worth of documents (both open and closed) on cargo from the Foreign Trade Zone. You're looking at about 100 or so folders worth of documents. I threw them all in a box and drove in my personal car (they refused to let me drive a vehicle that could work, I wracked up so many miles on my car working for those people) to the main office.

I got to the office and gave the box to the customs officer. They sorted through the stuff like they knew what they were looking at and asked me questions to give an appearance of importance. I answered them. They then wanted a tour of the zone. So I took them using the company van to the warehouse. They inspected the area and acted like they knew what they were doing. They said it looked good. I took them back to the office. I grabbed the folders and headed back to the warehouse. I then spent 40 minutes putting all the paperwork back in the folders, inspecting each folder in case the officers moved paperwork around from folder to folder (which they did), and putting the folders back where they belong.

Oh, and I had irate customers because I couldn't help them.

Second Fail:
    Same place, same company, same Customs officers, different warehouse. I was given charge of a shipping service coming to the port of Tampa for the first time. It was suppose to ship personal effects and cars from the US to Argentina. In return, the ship would drop off lumber (nice lumber too). The Customs officers wanted to inspect the wood being shipping in. No biggie... at first. They decided to bring drug sniffing dogs to the inspection. The Customs officers also brought axes, bolt-cutters (to remove the banding keeping the wood together), and chain saws. They claimed that the dogs found drugs. So, the officers took chainsaws to the lumber. Out of the 178 stacks of lumber (about 20Tons of lumber, doesn't seem like good amount weight wise, but very large in volume) they cut up 50 of them. Found NO drugs (no shit). They left the some other bundles without banding on them and the wood scattered about (6 of them).

I had the privilege to tell the brand new customers (5 of them) that their wood was damaged and that there was nothing we could do. We offered the re-band bundles, and create new bundles out of the wood that wasn't destroyed, though at a cost. I fought with management about the pricing of banding the bundles and to cut the cost in half. I wanted to retain the customers. Management said "no."

If you are wondering about the damage: $200 thousand worth of damage. We ended up charging them about $2,000 in total for banding the bundles again between all the customers. Those customers never came back, that ship never called to Tampa again.

Mega-Fail...

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast