FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Speaking of overly friendly drugged out ladies, my friends and I were at Wendy's one evening and this woman came in behind us. She was talking with someone (I think over the phone, I can't remember) about how scared she was to be going to the Mayo Clinic (they draw a lot of people from around the world, so she was from out of town) and whatnot. When she finished talking she started talking to us. Being the friendly sort myself, I reassured her that Mayo is a professional and highly skilled institution, and I go there frequently for my own illness. She started telling us about her daughter (who would be the actual patient at Mayo). Then she started saying we were cute and talking about how goofy our accents sound. We soon realized she was on some kind of drug; painkillers or mood-adjusters, it seemed like. Anyway, she kept saying we should look her up on facebook, but she never actually gave us her name. Her daughter sounded pretty cool, but we all agreed it would have been kinda weird if we had gotten her name and actually added her.

Just a strange encounter. I had forgotten about it until the comment about drugged out ladies. I wonder how things turned out.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Aye.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In order to guarantee funds, if it's manually inputted, it must be imprinted
    TD Bank cards no longer have the ability to be imprinted. Not sure if other places have started this as well.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not gonna lie, 90% chance if you make a post complaining about anything that happened in a Wal-mart or at a fast food restaurant, you're just as much or likely more at fault than whoever you're complaining about. It takes a whole 5 minutes to order a new debit card over the phone.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    TD Bank cards no longer have the ability to be imprinted. Not sure if other places have started this as well.
    cards that don't have the ability to be imprinted, can't be manually inputted at many places because of this. and they're within their rights to refuse it if it won't swipe in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    cards that don't have the ability to be imprinted, can't be manually inputted at many places because of this. and they're within their rights to refuse it if it won't swipe in that case.
    And that's fine. The problem arises when the place DOES accept it and has the ability to, but the worker doesn't actually know what they're doing

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

which again simply falls back to assume the lowest common denominator and do your part, get a new card. at least they tried.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

which again simply falls back to assume the lowest common denominator and do your part, get a new card. at least they tried.
    Except for the part where they didn't try, because they didn't know how to.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

if you read, most of them did try things, just not exactly what he said to do, but if you do everything the way a customer tells you to it's a pretty quick way to get fired from ringing things wrong. they did what they knew how to do, training in that situation is exactly that, IGNORE WHAT THE CUSTOMER TELLS YOU TO DO ABOUT A CARD NOT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

if you read, most of them did try things, just not exactly what he said to do, but if you do everything the way a customer tells you to it's a pretty quick way to get fired from ringing things wrong. they did what they knew how to do, training in that situation is exactly that, IGNORE WHAT THE CUSTOMER TELLS YOU TO DO ABOUT A CARD NOT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY.
    Since we're only getting his perspective on the subject I can't comment on whether or not that's what they did, but from his description they were being retarded.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

you do realize this is altwight complaining right?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Izembos right...punching in a customers information as they want it is a good way to get frauded

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The thing is, they should know how to do it lol. Sure he should have a new card, but that doesn't change the fact that these people don't know how to do there jobs. Why the fuck would training include, ignore the customer, but not, this is how you ring up a cc?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Because managment is really going to bother teaching a minimum wage employee whos gonna quit after 6 months how to manually input someones broken card, which in itself is an open invitation to fraud.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Because it would take more than 3 minutes to do that. Hit this button. Punch in the numbers. End. omg so complicated! lol

Woodwork Football Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Dunno about the restaurants in question here, but when I worked fast food it was impossible to enter the card number manually. There was a function for it, but no way to get the system to approve it, even with a manager's password. So yeah, it actually wasn't possible to accept cards that wouldn't swipe.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Same where i work...its not that we dunno how, systemdoesnt allow it. Even if u have a chip card an swipe it, it doesnt go thru.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Weird, none of my old jobs ever had that issue. That actually excuses them a bit lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

it's actually really common now to prevent fraud, because people print fake cards with numbers and strips that don't match, hell the strip doesn't even work, and they try and get you to punch it in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

it's actually really common now to prevent fraud, because people print fake cards with numbers and strips that don't match, hell the strip doesn't even work, and they try and get you to punch it in.
    I would assume in this case, the credit card number itself is stolen, otherwise punching in a random number wouldn't work.

From my experience, at least in the restaurant business, I've never dealt with a single fraud of this type. Most of the payment problems come from loss of connectivity to the credit card processor (either the processor is having an issue, or the location loses internet access), or error on the part of the servers. On the flip side, you would probably be shocked at the number of servers who call for support going "Oh shit, I rang up the tip wrong, I added a 0, please dear god, help me."

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast