Closed Thread
Page 53 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

This website has a web camera up in the hills 30miles away from where I am now: http://www.maccinfo.com/cat/ We get no snow because we're in Manchester which I think is in a dip, but the hills are covered with it

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I love the people that think they're badasses when it snows. Normal people slow down in snow, but the fucktards that still think they can go the speed limit are the people that keep my girlfriend's stepdad in business. Every day there are people in the ditch here because they can't control their speed. I bet if Derock lived here, we'd be pulling him out everyday.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    False, suck less at driving.
    All the driving skillz in the world can't prevent the snow from turning my 1 hour commute into a 2-3 hour commute.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1323955

Third post instantly brought me to this thread lol.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Studied for an exam last night and even woke up a few hours early to do some extra studying this morning. Go to take the test, and I studied the wrong thing <.> Luckily I'm pretty sure I did okay anyways. Good news is, the material I did study will be in an upcoming exam. Yay?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So today at work i'm cleaning up the mess from the job (brash from some dogwood) and the guy on the short arm (fuel powered hedge trimmer) storms off into the near by woodland area, few mins pass and i ask the team leader whats he doing, he's gone for a piss, 30 seconds later he comes out of a bush near a primary school (4-6 year olds) i ask him if he just pissed there he says yes but it was awkward due to the children watching him pee (i'd gladly tell the police he's a pedo if they asked me) about an hour later he starts playing up (real strop the man is 58 and sulking like a 4 year old) team leader then tells him to just get out of the way, instead of this he pulls out a pair of small hedging shears and goes to cut tiny bits off from the areas I've just cleaned and leaf blown into the woodlands, but instead of him having to clean it up the team leader made me go and do it during my lunch breakw hile the pedo asshole got to have his ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We hired a new guy at work today. Not 2 hours into the day he starts shuffling around the warehouse pushing a broom while his work station sits empty and another employee struggles to build pallets without him. No big deal. Redirect and instruct not to leave work station unless needed or during breaks. 30 minutes after this he is wandering around with a broom in one hand and a wood clamp in the other. I watch him for about a minute and see him walking up to pieces of cardboard and squeezing them with the clamp. Once you smash corrugated cardboard, it loses all it's compression strength. So essentially he ruined 4 pieces of cardboard lumber (again, no big deal, just annoying) on top of wandering around for no reason...I sent him home with no further explanation.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    So today at work i'm cleaning up the mess from the job (brash from some dogwood) and the guy on the short arm (fuel powered hedge trimmer) storms off into the near by woodland area, few mins pass and i ask the team leader whats he doing, he's gone for a piss, 30 seconds later he comes out of a bush near a primary school (4-6 year olds) i ask him if he just pissed there he says yes but it was awkward due to the children watching him pee (i'd gladly tell the police he's a pedo if they asked me) about an hour later he starts playing up (real strop the man is 58 and sulking like a 4 year old) team leader then tells him to just get out of the way, instead of this he pulls out a pair of small hedging shears and goes to cut tiny bits off from the areas I've just cleaned and leaf blown into the woodlands, but instead of him having to clean it up the team leader made me go and do it during my lunch breakw hile the pedo asshole got to have his ><
    Where are from? What you call brash, I call brush. I don't know what strop means. Tell the team leader no the next time he tells you to work through your lunch break. >.>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Lol. I can see that going well with the way lawn companies are ran. It's not some unionized organization.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Random Fail: First World Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    I love the people that think they're badasses when it snows. Normal people slow down in snow, but the fucktards that still think they can go the speed limit are the people that keep my girlfriend's stepdad in business. Every day there are people in the ditch here because they can't control their speed. I bet if Derock lived here, we'd be pulling him out everyday.
    Hahahaha sorry no, shitty pussy drivers slow down because of 1 cm of snow, or idiots who dont have winter tires (like me 4 yrs ago, when a blizzard hit at work and i couldnt move my car lol).

Once again, when your car is skidding, jamming the brakes is going to do NOTHING but put you on a one way course to whatever direction youre in.

*if you infer from any of the above that i will drive 110km/h (65 mph i think) in a blizzard that dumps 5cm of snow per hour, no, thats fucking dumb, but so is being out on the road at that time to begin with. Im referring to people who panic over 1cm of snow over the course of 5 hours and think dropping their speed to half the limit is smart. If you have winter tires, that amount of snow does nothing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    Lol. I can see that going well with the way lawn companies are ran. It's not some unionized organization.
    Heh. It was said jokingly...kind of. I wouldn't clean up someone else's mess while they sat there on break. But I would not work somewhere that allowed that kind of behavior either. You gotta do what you gotta do when you need a job though.

One more fail that just happened:
    I was outside near the truck bays at the back of our building and I watched a truck driver back into a concrete pillar that held the 10" downspout for the rain drains. The entire downspout fell onto his trailer and smashed the back 5' and the swing doors. His boss is gonna be pissed when he finds out...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    Where are from? What you call brash, I call brush. I don't know what strop means. Tell the team leader no the next time he tells you to work through your lunch break. >.>
    brash is bits of leaves twigs wood trimmings strop would be i suppose like sulking

to Hated, its actually a council company well sublet from the council the company is national :/ also the team leader and the one who was....been strange are on about £5 more an hour

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Not everyone has that luxury.

I used to have to drive to school very early in the morning and this was often before the plows came through. For those familiar with western Pennsylvania, I was taking 79 from Erie to Pittsburgh. Not the best area to be driving through when there was heavy snow. I drove a pick-up truck with 4WD but I knew that was useless against ice.

My main issue was the semi trucks coming through, they were always passing me - I'd be going about 30-35mph. This was in four(ish) inches of unplowed snow on an interstate, so you knew it was nasty. Semi trucks fucking terrify me in the snow, the last thing I want is for one of those guys passing me to lose control, because pick-up truck or no, I'm dead either way. The other drivers would freak me out somewhat if I could tell they were being excessively retarded (saw one guy passing me at about 50mph in 4 inches of snow in an SUV with the false sense of "I have 4WD, I'm good!" ... and he was texting ... those are the days that I would fear for my life.)

I moved to Florida nearly five years ago and I haven't looked back. People here are terrible drivers in all weather, but I don't have to worry about snow making them even worse than terrible.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I wish the companies I've worked for in the past had been so nice as that Odin. Most of my experiences were from a single owner with about two crews of 3-6. I still don't think it would end well saying no to any boss lol. I've had times where hiding bodies didn't outweigh cleaning others shit up. Especially if that pedo shitbrick was making a good deal more.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    ... he's gone for a piss, 30 seconds later he comes out of a bush near a primary school (4-6 year olds) i ask him if he just pissed there he says yes but it was awkward due to the children watching him pee (i'd gladly tell the police he's a pedo if they asked me) ...
    Wouldn't even need to accuse him of being a pedo depending on where you live. Had a buddy in college that was arrested for pissing in a fountain in town in the middle of the night. The fountain was a block or two from a school, but it's the middle of the night, so there's no kids around. He is now a registered sex offender.

Edit: There was drinking involved. Obviously.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    I've lived in MN my whole life son. The last two years have been light but its fun to take the car out in fresh stuff although I sadly have FWD now. Lol at you people talking about traffic though, I work at home when it snows, chumps.
    you know who does work in any weather? cj spiller

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Snow is amazing up until about the time you get your driver's license.
    Snow has been terrible since the day i could pick up a shovel. It's also annoying to walk in.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

About 2 feet off the sidewalk...parking iz hrd

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Snow is amazing if you've lived in the tropics all your life and only seen it in movies.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I actually find it easier to parallel park in my stick shift than I do in my mom's automatic. <_<;