Closed Thread
Page 54 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yesterday afternoon one of my employees got the forklift high-centered on a speed bump right outside our building. He hit it at a 45 degree angle and got the bottom of the mast stuck on the speed bump with both front wheels in the air. I tried to take pictures so you guys could laugh at him but my phone is stupid and says my SD card is full even though there is 4 gigs of available space...2 fails in 1!

It took us 45 minutes to get the forklift off the speed bump and we destroyed a section of pavement in the process. 6000lbs. is no joke.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    Look, you have to turn that fucking wheel all the way in one direction then turn it all the fucking way to the other, all the while managing going forward AND backward on top of TWO FUCKING PEDALS! Can you imagine if it was a manual I mean holy fuck I just blew my own god damn mind.
    What you dont see in the picture though is theres about 40 feet of empty space infront of that parking spot since my driveway and the neighbors connecting driveways are there, so its not like it was originally a tight spot and they got lazy.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In the summer of 2006, I was working the overnight shift at Walgreens and we got robbed by a masked gunman. The same guy also robbed a Shell gas station and a Holiday Inn (they have him on surveillance footage at all three locations). A few days later his getaway driver snitched on him and the guy got arrested and went to prison. Today I got a letter from the DOC informing me that he is going to be released sometime in the next 90 days. How the fuck did this asshole get 6 1/2 years for three counts of armed robbery with a stolen gun? FML...

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Snow is amazing if you've lived in the tropics all your life and only seen it in movies.
    I had this happen. Saw snow for the first time when I was 13. Everyone told me I'd get over it. The magic still hasn't worn off though at 23. I have my own car and everything but I still fucking love snow. Its that fucking wintry mix of ice and rain that I fucking hate.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I had this happen. Saw snow for the first time when I was 13. Everyone told me I'd get over it. The magic still hasn't worn off though at 23. I have my own car and everything but I still fucking love snow. Its that fucking wintry mix of ice and rain that I fucking hate.
    I think I might be the only person on earth that loves snow/ice/sleet and everything in between. I have no problem driving in it and actually go out just to play when we get freezing rain. I grew up with snow and icy conditions and I still love it. It really is fun. Fuck everyone that forgot how to have fun in the snow.

edit: I am 30 and I don't think it will ever wear off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Snow is amazing if you've lived in the tropics all your life and only seen it in movies.
    I introduced a friend from Key West to her first snowfall when she visited me in Pennsylvania in 2000. She had 0 comprehension of the situation and ran out the door at full speed in socks and a short sleeved shirt and ran directly down the street. She then proceeded to run back to my door at full speed only to hit some ice and ended up sailing through the air landing square on her ass. This of course did not register either and she simply got up, walked to my door ... looked around for a few more seconds ..... and then, as if emulating the Pokemon Slowpoke, the signal finally reached her brain letting her know it was freezing outside. It was at this point she ran into the house and remained bundled in like 3 layers of clothes at all times for the rest of her stay.

Hilarious.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    In the summer of 2006, I was working the overnight shift at Walgreens and we got robbed by a masked gunman. The same guy also robbed a Shell gas station and a Holiday Inn (they have him on surveillance footage at all three locations). A few days later his getaway driver snitched on him and the guy got arrested and went to prison. Today I got a letter from the DOC informing me that he is going to be released sometime in the next 90 days. How the fuck did this asshole get 6 1/2 years for three counts of armed robbery with a stolen gun? FML...
    Criminal Justice system at it's finest!

Had a guy here in D.C. who liked to rip off doctor's offices in the dead of night. Would hole up in a bathroom until the buildings closed and start pinching laptops and electronics.

One day he gets apprehended and we take him off to the clink for Burglary (mandatory minimum 3 years not exceeding a 10 year sentence). Run the background and he was arrested in 1985 for Manslaughter (plea deal from Murder and did 15 years). Was released in 2000 and arrested 8 times for various degrees of Theft between 2000-2007. Popped him in 2007 for Burglary. In D.C., if you're a first timer, no previous criminal record and have a stable address, you can be released on a Citation to Appear in Court. Well when we popped him for Burglary (Class B Felony), the booking section accidentally released him on Citation. He was arrested again the VERY NEXT NIGHT for Trespassing in the exact same building on the exact same floor he committed the Burglary the previous night. Was in the shitter when a security guard caught him when he refused to come out and tried to flee when the guard called the cops.

Go off to trial and the judge sentenced him to 10 years and mandatory drug rehab for crack cocaine addiction. Just got notification two weeks ago that he was released on Prisoner Reform Release after doing 4-5 years for the Burglary. CIC report yesterday showed he was picked up AGAIN by the same fucking security guard (in a different building but still a medical facility) for Theft of Electronics.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    What you dont see in the picture though is theres about 40 feet of empty space infront of that parking spot since my driveway and the neighbors connecting driveways are there, so its not like it was originally a tight spot and they got lazy.
    was going to say, if its a tight spot on a wide busy road I'm sometimes lazy and have done that... but even from the image you can see they had plenty of room and were just dumb.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Re: Random Fail: First World Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Criminal justice system can be a complete joke at times, especially the parole system.

About 2 years ago a local town lost a officer during a armed robbery. The shooter (who was killed by police) was out on parole after serving 10 years of a 20 year homicide conviction.

Random phone call this afternoon:

Secretary: Are you running late for this conference call at 2PM? (it's 2:15).
    Me: No ma'am, I don't have it on my calendar.
    Secretary: Well, can you still join in?
    Me: Sure, but I have no idea what this is regarding, so I'm going in blind.
    Secretary: Let me patch you through.

Woo!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

1 hour has passed now.

What was it about??

Just found out that I'm going to have 70+ hour work weeks, every week, for the next 2-3 months.

We have a ridiculous project schedule for this year, and it's an insane amount of work that we have to finish in the first quarter (and well, the year).

So much for gym, free time, and sleep.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Re: Random Fail: First World Problems

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Just found out that I'm going to have 70+ hour work weeks, every week, for the next 2-3 months.

We have a ridiculous project schedule for this year, and it's an insane amount of work that we have to finish in the first quarter (and well, the year).

So much for gym, free time, and sleep.
    But.... enjoy your larger paychecks, I guess?

Unless your salary paid.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Was called into work at 3am today, on a day I was supposed to have off. I've worked everyday since last thursday 12-18 hours a day and was very much looking forward to sleeping in today.

Get to work at 4am after being called in, "Oh, we won't actually need you until about 0730 sorry we didn't call"

FUCK

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Was called into work at 3am today, on a day I was supposed to have off. I've worked everyday since last thursday 12-18 hours a day and was very much looking forward to sleeping in today.

Get to work at 4am after being called in, "Oh, we won't actually need you until about 0730 sorry we didn't call"

FUCK
    That's fucking low.

Still get to clock in and get paid at least? I'm a baker and it sucks when someone calls off on my off day because I go back to a regular schedule day (wake up around 6am-7am, go to bed around 9-10pm) to all of the sudden "hey someone called off can you come in?" SURE I WILL just let me hurry up and get 2 hours of sleep and come in at 12:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    1 hour has passed now.

What was it about??
    Our rehab department was approached by a work comp network, and since I do the contracting for work comp, they wanted me on the call. There is an employer group who wants to use the network for their rehab services, so the call was the rehab director, the HR person for the employer group, and me.

It was a 15 minute call, and all I had to say was "yes, please give my contact information to the network, and I'll talk to them."

Quote Originally Posted by jmcgarrell View Post
    But.... enjoy your larger paychecks, I guess?

Unless your salary paid.
    Hourly, so yeah, ultimately is a downside with an upside.

I wouldn't mind a week like that every now and then... but 10+ weeks in a row of it...

Mostly just annoyed with how it will interfere with my gym goals/sports.

(of course it could be worse, I could be salary, I could not have a job, etc, hence first world problem)

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Normally have Sunday/Monday off. Chief just announced AHOD (All Hands on Deck) weekend so Sunday/Monday days off are cancelled. Last weekend I worked two 12 hour shifts on both of my days off between court and admin duties. This weekend gone. Hurray for 18 days straight working with no days off!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post

FUCK
    Thats when I'd say "oh I decided to take a sick day, sorry I didnt call".