Closed Thread
Page 57 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast

Re: Crunching

Today was my first day off and day home from the boyfriend's in a while. Car's been in the shop so he's been helping me out with rides for a week. Which is nice and all but it meant being at his place all the time and not going home. Finally get car out of shop and go home for my first day off in a while, excited for double salvage and meebles...

And then get called in for a half-shift for tonight. Sigh, I need the money what with the car acting up but fuck all I just wanted a day alone to myself.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so we have this old guy at work he's 68 won't retire (i know why he won't and tbh he's brought it on himself) just before Christmas he took a swing at me didn't hurt so i left it alone, heard his version of the story (made himself sound like a king of boxing) and told people he knocked me out, last Thursday he's with a group of the younger members of the team, we work in van's so from a to b they play there music loudly, he asked if they could turn it down so they do because there not assholes, about 10 mins later he again asks them to turn it down, the other guy in the back of the van with him says he couldn't hear the music that well so he's thinking the old guy just doesn't like the style of music (RnB and Hip Hop) shortly afterwards he gets mad and screams the van out "I'm in charge of you cunts" the person driving the van is the one in charge so they all laughed at him, presuming at this put his ass is in his hands he angrily lunges over the seat to turn the music off the guy in the front was checking his phone and apparently the old guy went to hit him until the one in the front looked up he quickly sat back down, today he's back with his normally driver tells him about Thursday, thinking he is king of the world (has this massive ego problem) tells his driver "oh yeah i went to hit the little shit but he was cowering in the corner like a pussy" i've been on nights out with the "pussy" and he will literally 1 hit k.o you, so while i'm on the phone to his driver i can hear him in the back ground going on about this scuffle and he goes on about how he knocked me out and how easy it was, i really don't know if this mans ego is honestly that big and suffocating he lives in an imaginary world or if he honestly believes these things happened.

sorry for the rants as you can tell my work place sucks

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

He could have said he was giving away a million dollars and i wouldnt have known cuz huge wall of text

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Came in at 4:30am to work mandatory OT. 2nd shift manager calls off and he has no underling supervisors to cover for him. I'm now on hour 18 of my work day, I think? And the midnight shift manager just called off....

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Came in at 4:30am to work mandatory OT. 2nd shift manager calls off and he has no underling supervisors to cover for him. I'm now on hour 18 of my work day, I think? And the midnight shift manager just called off....
    Bahahahahahaha I hope you're not salary. That would be sweet at hourly 1.5x/2x rates. I was wondering why the heck you were posting in hockey thread at 10:30, 2 hours past your bedtime LOL

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Bahahahahahaha I hope you're not salary. That would be sweet at hourly 1.5x/2x rates. I was wondering why the heck you were posting in hockey thread at 10:30, 2 hours past your bedtime LOL
    I'm salary Today has sucked lol

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm salary Today has sucked lol
    Ouch lol Another 1st world problem - reward the good employees by changing their pay rate system upon promotion to an inferior one.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

wow thats fucking brutal

I accidentally clipped my right index fingernail too short and now my finger tip is all sore.

Now I have to choose between uneven fingernails or 2 sore fingertips.

Why me.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

18 hours? pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I accidentally clipped my right index fingernail too short and now my finger tip is all sore.

Now I have to choose between uneven fingernails or 2 sore fingertips.

Why me.
    At least you can tell when your fingernails are clipped badly. After 20+ years of biting my nails, I kicked the habit. But now I don't know how my finger nails are supposed to look clipped correctly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Ouch lol Another 1st world problem - reward the good employees by changing their pay rate system upon promotion to an inferior one.
    I worked for a company that put all their designers (CAD designers) and managers on salary then told us all that we had to work minimum 60 hrs per week. The salary of the designers was so low that anything over 45 hrs put them below the minimum wage for exempt wage earners. I brought this up in a meeting and everyone got all pissy with me saying they would lose their jobs if I said anything to the owner.......I quit that job and turned them in to the employment department. $15,000 in fines later forced him to up the salary of the managers and return the designers to hourly + commission. I should have stayed and rode it out because it really was a fun job. I have friends that are still there and love it.

Did you end up working the graveyard shift Brill? I don't think I could spend that much time in an office environment...

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I was just recently promoted to the very last hourly position in my department, and I've told my boss that's as far as I go. No salary for me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob View Post
    At least you can tell when your fingernails are clipped badly. After 20+ years of biting my nails, I kicked the habit. But now I don't know how my finger nails are supposed to look clipped correctly.
    i normally let my nails grow for 2 weeks by the time I go to clip them i've already bitten them and didn't even realize.......it's worrying how this has now become "The Norm"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I was just recently promoted to the very last hourly position in my department, and I've told my boss that's as far as I go. No salary for me.
    I must be an incredibly lucky guy. I have worked salary for several years and have never had problems with hours. There have been days that I worked 16-18 hours, but there have been many many more days that I worked 6-7 hours. I track my hours out of curiosity to be able to look back and see just how many hours I didn't work and still got paid for. Also, automatic vacation reset every March. 2 weeks. No accruing hours. No waiting periods. I could save my vacation all year, then take 2 weeks in february then another 2 weeks in march...then I would have to wait another year just for 2 more weeks, but I could still do it if I wanted to. I love my salaried position.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    I must be an incredibly lucky guy. I have worked salary for several years and have never had problems with hours. There have been days that I worked 16-18 hours, but there have been many many more days that I worked 6-7 hours. I track my hours out of curiosity to be able to look back and see just how many hours I didn't work and still got paid for. Also, automatic vacation reset every March. 2 weeks. No accruing hours. No waiting periods. I could save my vacation all year, then take 2 weeks in february then another 2 weeks in march...then I would have to wait another year just for 2 more weeks, but I could still do it if I wanted to. I love my salaried position.
    We run a 24 hour operation. As second in command, I'm expected to be able to come in and cover/help out at the drop of the hat. I want to get paid for my time. Luckily, the only place I can really go after this is into Boss Lady's job, and she's not leaving anytime soon. Some weeks when we have call offs or just after someone quits, I end up working nearly 70 hours a week, so yes, I would like to keep my overtime pay. Even Boss Lady complains sometimes that she makes like $3 an hour with all the time she puts in, but a paycheck is better than none I suppose and she really likes working here so it's all good.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Failed pretty hard yesterday/today when I wrote down my work schedule last week wrong and thought I was working on Tuesday...turned out I was working on Monday and didn't take any calls that day...

Yay for no show on my record. I don't think that's ever happened to me before >_> would be nice if fuckers could post the schedule online instead of just on the wall in tiny print, but eh. I need to stop reading the schedule wrong no matter how badly it's printed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

stop breaking, forum

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Updated to iOS 6.1 last night, something fucked up and reset my iPhone. Lost all my contacts/pictures/messages/voicemails. I am not happy...