Closed Thread
Page 58 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
    They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Failed pretty hard yesterday/today when I wrote down my work schedule last week wrong and thought I was working on Tuesday...turned out I was working on Monday and didn't take any calls that day...

Yay for no show on my record. I don't think that's ever happened to me before >_> would be nice if fuckers could post the schedule online instead of just on the wall in tiny print, but eh. I need to stop reading the schedule wrong no matter how badly it's printed.
    That's really more of a first world fail on your companies part if they're still doing paper schedules.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I just found out my truck is a total loss. After fixing the U-joint, I decided to find out what was causing the ticking under my valve cover. It was getting worse every day so I took it to a trusted mechanic to check it out. Turns out there is metal in the oil that has caused the o-rings to fail in one of the cylinders. Just to take it apart and find out the extent of the damage is $3100. To replace the engine is over $6000........I can buy a 3 year old vehicle for that much.......why the fuck would I put that much into a 15 year old truck?

Bah! I am a little angry right now....

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I don't fly often, but what is it w/ all these emotional support dogs? I heard Adam complain about it and I thought he was exaggerating but nope. So check this out, if you get nervous or suffer from anxiety, you can get a note from a doctor grab one of your pets and voilà, you have an emotional support animal. You can take it anywhere and nobody will say a damn thing. I'm just waiting for the day of reckoning, folks.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    I don't fly often, but what is it w/ all these emotional support dogs? I heard Adam complain about it and I thought he was exaggerating but nope. So check this out, if you get nervous or suffer from anxiety, you can get a note from a doctor grab one of your pets and voilà, you have an emotional support animal. You can take it anywhere and nobody will say a damn thing. I'm just waiting for the day of reckoning, folks.
    Yeah people take their dogs everywhere now a days, you have to get the dog certified though don't you?

Last time I went to the local IMAX there were two different people who brought dogs in, shits a normal sight lately.

Can an iguana be an emotional support animal? I'd love to carry my huge 6 foot iguana everywhere and freak people out.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Getting ready to use photoshop last night, I discovered my Wacom tablet had forgotten all of its custom settings for the buttons on both the tablet and the stylus. I had to figure out how to make them again and try to remember what was on which button. The pain.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Yeah people take their dogs everywhere now a days, you have to get the dog certified though don't you?

Last time I went to the local IMAX there were two different people who brought dogs in, shits a normal sight lately.
    Yea the dog has to be certified and go through classes and shit. It's becoming a lot more common due to ptsd but honestly it doesn't bother me. To be certified they have to meet a lot of behavioral standards including noise and i find them and the owners to be a lot more pleasant than your run of the mill pet owner.

I love hearing people bitch and complain when they can't take their dogs into a restaurant. Fat ass needs emotional support to eat at CPK. They always threaten to sue which I find even more hilarious.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Had lunch with the wife, and ordered a salad with a vinaigrette, half a Reuben with no cheese and mustard instead of thousand island.

I got a salad with thousand island, and half a Reuben with cheese and no sauerkraut. No thousand island on the sandwich, at least.

Took so long to get everything straightened out that my pregnant wife who is always the last person eating at gatherings managed to finish before me.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I have lived in this bedroom since I was 13. For reference, that's two years before FFXI came out. I have three major hobbies (Gaming, Legos, and MTG), as well as the accumulated clothing of ~20 years. I have a small library, and a bunch of knicknacks and paperwork and dog food/bed/etc. All crammed into a 9x13 room, in a house with a borderline hoarder (My mom has trouble throwing stuff away- not nearly as much as you see on the show, but some. Bigger problem is that we're both sick and my dad works all the time, so no time to go through boxes from when we moved from a much larger house). My life has been stuck at the same stage since I got my driver's license (minus school). After I got on disability, I applied for a bunch of other financial aid, but since I was still living with my parents, I didn't qualify.

I got approved to move in to an apartment building nearby. Monday, site manager submits a form to my doctor for verification. Tuesday, doctor calls me, says "what is this" so I sort that out. Wednesday site manager gets everything submitted. Today she calls me, says I've been accepted. Carpet cleaners just finishing up while we talked. Tomorrow afternoon I move in.

I CANNOT PACK FAST ENOUGH. FUUUUUUUUCK. So ready to be out of this house.

Edit: Got most of my clothes packed up and in the car, so I can go through them at the apartment. Keep, Keep If There's Room, and Donate. Won't have any furniture until Monday at the earliest, though. Our truck is in the shop and my friend works all weekend.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

The timing chain cover on my truck sprung a leak and I am leaking coolant all over the place now. If the leak was 1" towards the front of the truck it would be a ~$10 part that I could replace myself, instead it is on a part that covers the entire front end of my truck and will cost approximately 2/3 the value of the truck to replace in parts and labor. I don't have enough money to buy a new truck. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm fucking hungry and too stoned to wanna get the food.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I have lived in this bedroom since I was 13. For reference, that's two years before FFXI came out. I have three major hobbies (Gaming, Legos, and MTG), as well as the accumulated clothing of ~20 years. I have a small library, and a bunch of knicknacks and paperwork and dog food/bed/etc. All crammed into a 9x13 room, in a house with a borderline hoarder (My mom has trouble throwing stuff away- not nearly as much as you see on the show, but some. Bigger problem is that we're both sick and my dad works all the time, so no time to go through boxes from when we moved from a much larger house). My life has been stuck at the same stage since I got my driver's license (minus school). After I got on disability, I applied for a bunch of other financial aid, but since I was still living with my parents, I didn't qualify.

I got approved to move in to an apartment building nearby. Monday, site manager submits a form to my doctor for verification. Tuesday, doctor calls me, says "what is this" so I sort that out. Wednesday site manager gets everything submitted. Today she calls me, says I've been accepted. Carpet cleaners just finishing up while we talked. Tomorrow afternoon I move in.

I CANNOT PACK FAST ENOUGH. FUUUUUUUUCK. So ready to be out of this house.

Edit: Got most of my clothes packed up and in the car, so I can go through them at the apartment. Keep, Keep If There's Room, and Donate. Won't have any furniture until Monday at the earliest, though. Our truck is in the shop and my friend works all weekend.
    Niiice, congratulations! Will probably feel a little weird, having lived for so long in the same place, but having your own apartment is one of the best things in the world once you've settled in.

I'm not saying that living at home is bad, but I really value the freedom I have living in my own apartment. Granted, when I moved out, I moved into a student dormitory, which is a 3/10 maybe, considering I really, really need some peace and quiet and most of the people here are troglodytes with next to no understanding of hygiene and proper behaviour, but as luck would have it, I'm also moving out of here today.

Seriously, student dormitories are the worst, never again. If I had to say something good about them, it would be that they're cheap. That's about it. No one here has ever heard of headphones or sifters for the sinks. I was seriously starting to worry that I might murder someone this last month. No idea how I managed to last for more than two years here.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I'm massively fucking depressed now. For some reason I decided to make some after death last word tapes for my friends and family and now I'm sad as fuck. WHY DID I THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? I managed to make 6 before I had to stop cause of all the tears.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I'm massively fucking depressed now. For some reason I decided to make some after death last word tapes for my friends and family and now I'm sad as fuck. WHY DID I THINK THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? I managed to make 6 before I had to stop cause of all the tears.
    This sucks. I don't know that I'd really consider this a first world problem on par with "I forgot to take my smartphone to the shitter and now I'm bored".

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Yeah, that's not really a first-world problem.

However, "my problems are too severe to fit into the first-world problems thread" is a first-world problem. So, uh... there ya go.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

And here I was gonna complain about the fact that I needed to clean up a disgusting mess behind my coworkers. Work with fucking pigs.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There was a pricing error at my local supermarket... basically half price on Nandos Sauce. £1 a bottle, instead of £2 ($3.20)

http://t.co/TYdZocBO

I brought the whole load of my favourite, the Garlic one, but wished they had more and that I had a car. But at least both of those problems cancelled each other out.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah, I once started writing letters to my friends/family that they could read just in case I kicked it, and it got too intense. I mean, fuck, what do you say? "Welp, I love you, but I guess I'm dead now." So much other shit to say to the people you love, and none of it really seems adequate. And then you start thinking about how they'll react and its just depressing as hell. Huge huge reason I've never tried to off myself. I could never deliberately do that to my family, because then on top of it all they start wondering why, if they could have stopped me, etc.

fuck. imma stop now before i get back into that mind set. I know those feels, Myrrh. Just... try to think about something else I guess. I know that's not easy, but its the best solution I can offer.