Closed Thread
Page 9 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Gimp like a Pro!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlite View Post
    So he hands me his real I.D. and it says he's 24. The fake he gave me said he was 21.
    What in the... Really? Really-really? like Seriously?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, 2 weeks ago, an area on my chest was massively bruised for no reason. Called my Doctor up and informed him. Brought me in for an X-ray and a look over. Told me that one of the Wires holding my Sternum together had to come out. Explained that it would hurt and would continue to hurt for 2 weeks.

I was thinking he was just being a Doctor and didn't actually know. Figured it would hurt but not that bad. March 29th was when I was scheduled to have it removed. So, I'm heading to the hospital, go get signed it, all that crap.

Get into the OR, he lies me down. Takes out one of those comically big needles and stabs my chest with it. Injects some freezing and puts a Scalpel to my chest. Cuts in and I start swearing in pain. Puts more freezing in and starts over. Cuts a big enough hole in my chest to get at the wire that was poking through the skin.

Now, I wasn't allowed to watch so I'mma just repeat what I saw. I have no idea of the tools he used.

Takes some sort of pliers and tries to cut the wire so he could pull it out. Now, these wires are strong as fuck. My Transplant Nurse told me it was Titanium. Not sure if it's true or not but anyways. He's using all his strength to just cut the top of this off. It feels like he's just stuck his hand in my chest and is trying to rip out my entire sternum with his hand. It was fucking horrible. People down the hallway and in the waiting room can hear me swearing and shouting in pain. That was about 5 minutes long and he actually had to use multiple pairs of plies because he kept breaking them or the wire kept breaking them. I don't know.

So then after that horrible experience comes the taking out of the wire.....

The way I like to describe is, imagine a block of cement with a wire all wrapped around inside it with a small part sticking out. Now, try pulling that wire out. Now, imagine that block of cement is your chest.

Fucking horrible. I almost passed out from pain. Fucking seriously wish I did. Pulls it out, tells a nurse that I want to keep it(I did), puts it in a little container thing with some saline, tapes the top and hands it to me. I tried to stand up but it was so fucking painful to even bend my chest. Atleast after transplant I was fucked up on several kinds of painkillers. Now, I had nothing. Took me a solid 30 mins just to sit up, then I couldn't even stand without feeling dizzy. That was another 15 minutes of waiting.

Went home, tried to sleep. Couldn't. Anytime I managed to fall asleep my fucking stupid body would try to turn on it's side and I'd wake up in pain.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Suture used on the sternum is usually steel, I see it done quite a bit for cardiac cases. But holy shit, I can't believe THAT is how they decided to handle your problem. Just sounds unnecessarily uncomfortable for you.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

That's all they could have done. Or so I'm told.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    That's all they could have done. Or so I'm told.
    I'm sure they didn't think it was needed to have the risks of anesthesia for a quick procedure like that, but still I think I'd tell them to fuck off and put me out.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

During the Surgery the Doctor said that they only put you under if they're removing all 3.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think you just need to stop having medical problems.

<3

During the Surgery the Doctor said that they only put you under if they're removing all 3.
    I made them put me out completely for my wisdom teeth <.< Fuck that shit.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    I think you just need to stop having medical problems.

<3
    Believe me, I want shit to stop happening to me. Transplant was supposed to end my medical problems. <_<

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    I made them put me out completely for my wisdom teeth <.< Fuck that shit.
    Wisdom teeth are terrible, reminds me of that time when I had all 4 removed. Didn't feel particularly good afterwards, also had the bright idea to wear my best shirt which I covered in bloodstains because I could hardly feel my mouth and drooled blood all over it.
    Some days later, at home, I was feeling kind of lonely with the pain and all, painkillers were starting to wear off again; cat walks into my room, I'm happy to get some company, lift him up to me, he's being all cuddly and pushes his head against mine, right at the cheeks, which were roughly the size of a tennis ball if I recall correctly. Preferred being alone after that.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Okay I feel like a tool for bitching about driving and Wal-Mart right about now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Believe me, I want shit to stop happening to me. Transplant was supposed to end my medical problems. <_<
    Well, hopefully this is the last of it for you. I think we can all agree that you've been through far too much already.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Knowing my luck I'll have plenty more stories to come and share with you people.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I've had this happen over and over. Fill out some info sheet that asks for name, dob, etc. If I put it as 6/20/86 it's a 50/50 shot I get asked the question, "1986?" <______<

You should start saying "No, 1586, but thanks for the compliment"

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    This took place on Waters.

I work in Pinellas though, so I have to deal with retardation for at least 45 minutes to an hour of my day and it makes me rage so fucking hard.
    Fyi, some of the best drivers don't follow traffic rules.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Holy fucking shit Myrrh. That's fucking horrifying.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    That's because most of the population are dunces. The problem is that even when you prove to them that you know what you are talking about, they still treat you like you don't know what a computer is...
    Added: And 90% of the time the people who are semicoherent are so up their ass self important that if you assume that they did everything correct, you'll still get burned because they didn't do something simple like reset the modem.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So I'm at work, a 8/10 chick (17-20 age) walks in with her 6.5/10 friend (same age), they sit down, talk...
    one of their mothers walks in, a 3/10 total bitch with full on attitude, tosses a coupon at the cash and sits down, while I'm finishing a previous order. The girls come up to order and the moms like "hey I pay now I have go I'm in rush"...so I take the coupon. Its from the entertainment pack books, and they change color every year. So this year, the resto coupons are purple, last year they were green, the year before they were blue. This coupon was blue...and the expiration date was torn off.

"Um, I cant accept this, I know its old by its color, and the fact you tore off the expiration date"
    fucking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE rant about how I'm an asshole and I'm wasting her time, and shes gonna go to the car to get a full coupon...never came back. Girls daughter is stunned, just looks at me and goes "she thinks she can beat the system all the time". I just lol'd.

Why do people think tearing the expiry date off will work? Every employee HATES coupons, because it means more work, we cant WAIT for them to expire.

now if the 8/10 chick had a loose top on, leaned over the counter slightly "omg Im sooooooo sorry I didnt know, I found the coupon and I only have 10 bucks, can you pleeease make an exception", its a different story.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Holy fucking shit Myrrh. That's fucking horrifying.
    Normal day in the life of Myrrh lol. I can't wait till they tell me the solution for fixing the nerve Damage in my spine is probably to go in there and remove the Nerves or some crazy shit like that.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast