Closed Thread
Page 1099 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1049 1089 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1109 1149 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I found out that on our recent field trip one teacher joked to another that they should, "Drop the kids off at a Starbucks and call ICE on them." Teacher who told me had to assume she was joking, but was completely thrown off by the comment. I am not 100% certain myself because I know said teacher voted for Trump. I am not going to tell anyone, but it makes me hella uncomfortable around said teacher. Even if she was 100% kidding, that's a sick joke, especially when one of the kids might have heard.

Edit:

Adding in another fail: I am going through my BTSA (to renew my teaching cert), which requires taking various classes on stuff I already know. I have a one page paper due tomorrow, and I am sitting here at three pages breaking a sweat. If I cut it down to one page, I don't think it would cover the material clearly. So, now I get to guess how small I need it so the teacher doesn't get upset I went over.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Fairly new coworker has missed at least that I'm aware of 3-4 days due to lack of transportation ( carpools with other coworker) and hasn't even been here a month. Still has a job and no sign of reprimand in place though that's nothing new. I hate how lax shit is here sometimes.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've lived in Orlando for 4 years now and don't see the issue people have with Florida. I would far rather put up with the heat than the cold and the heat isn't even that bad anyway.

Not had any issues with people here either. I just don't mix with the retards, who can be found in any state anyway.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I've lived in Orlando for 4 years now and don't see the issue people have with Florida. I would far rather put up with the heat than the cold and the heat isn't even that bad anyway.
    Your tap water sucks.
    Your heat isn't even dry heat it's humid shit heat.
    Shit state overall.

Also cold is infinitely better than heat, you can wear warm clothes or a blanket. You can only get so naked when you try to sleep at night in 100+ weather.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Your tap water sucks.
    Your heat isn't even dry heat it's humid shit heat.
    Shit state overall.

Also cold is infinitely better than heat, you can wear warm clothes or a blanket. You can only get so naked when you try to sleep at night in 100+ weather.
    This is all fact.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Also it has all the downsides of being a major coastal metropolitan in tandem with all the downsides of being full of rural trash and rednecks.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Also it has all the downsides of being a major coastal metropolitan in tandem with all the downsides of being full of rural trash and rednecks.
    Also hurricanes. What a cesspool.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Wrong in so many ways. FUCK THE COLD. Need to sleep at night? Get a fucking air conditioner.

It gets so cold here sometimes(this year wasn't bad though) that I lose feeling in the tips of my fingers, they go completely numb. When you get cold enough you start to hurt and feel pain. When it's too hot it sucks yeah, get sluggish feeling and even sickly feeling sometimes, however that doesn't compare to pain caused by cold.

Ask a homeless guy if he'd rather be stuck outside in the dead of winter at -40 or the peak of summer at +100, bet I know where they'd rather be.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only one major hurricane since I've been here and no damage to my area. Been way more major snow storms uo north than major hurricanes in that timespan

Also sleeping in 100 degrees, that's what AC is for. Never had an issue sleeping due to heat.

Not like I'm speaking from inexperience of other states either. I regularly travel the country for work and lived in the UK for 25 years too. Places like New York are miserable. Too many people with everyone being rude as fuck, garbage literally piled in the streets, horrendous traffic and stupidly overpriced. I cannot fathom why people willingly live there except due to work

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    Wrong in so many ways. FUCK THE COLD. Need to sleep at night? Get a fucking air conditioner.

It gets so cold here sometimes(this year wasn't bad though) that I lose feeling in the tips of my fingers, they go completely numb. When you get cold enough you start to hurt and feel pain. When it's too hot it sucks yeah, get sluggish feeling and even sickly feeling sometimes, however that doesn't compare to pain caused by cold.

Ask a homeless guy if he'd rather be stuck outside in the dead of winter at -40 or the peak of summer at +100, bet I know where they'd rather be.
    Homeless guy can start a fire at the very least. What is the equivalent to escape heat as a homeless person short of being arrested for public nudity.

Also you can move to stay warm, the fuck can you physically do to stay cool?

You are wrong on all fronts. Get a pair of gloves fool. That's like 4$ vs the $6,000-8,000 it would cost to put an AC unit in my house.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not having AC in a Florida house is like not having any sort of heating up north.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Not having AC in a Florida house is like not having any sort of heating up north.
    I'm in california and almost no houses here have AC, but it is becoming more and more necessary every single year. Last year it was 95+ post thanksgiving.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lived in FL my whole life and I cannot fathom not having A/C. Fuck that kind of life. Interesting to note is the population boom in Florida following the invention of A/C in 1902. Our ancestors knew better.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Lots of housing in Florida doesn't have AC , while I was fortunate to live in housing and apartments that did it's not completely inclusive. It fucking sucks but you make do as able.

In California most apartments and housing that isn't newer here in the bay area doesn't have AC and while our area specifically it's not terrible, the days it's above 90 is absolutely hell.

Cold is way better than heat. Florida still sucks.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Fairly new coworker has missed at least that I'm aware of 3-4 days due to lack of transportation ( carpools with other coworker) and hasn't even been here a month. Still has a job and no sign of reprimand in place though that's nothing new. I hate how lax shit is here sometimes.
    We're losing a temp today while the asshole on some medical issue and hasn't shown up for work for at least 5 weeks remains on payroll. Oh and we overshot a deadline. Fuck I'm glad I'm on vacation right now not dealing with that shit show.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

My apartment in Sarasota (550sq studio) only had one window air conditioner. I was absolutely miserable during summer.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Homeless guy can start a fire at the very least. What is the equivalent to escape heat as a homeless person short of being arrested for public nudity.

Also you can move to stay warm, the fuck can you physically do to stay cool?

You are wrong on all fronts. Get a pair of gloves fool. That's like 4$ vs the $6,000-8,000 it would cost to put an AC unit in my house.
    I wonder if you've ever been in extreme colds, there is simply no comparison, I've done both. Got water and can find some shade? You're good in the heat. Wanna survive in the cold? Gonna take A LOT more than just water.

Start a fire? You're just as likely to get arrested for starting a fire as you are for being nude.

The more you argue it the more it makes me believe you've never been near the extreme colds, like I said there's no comparison

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    I wonder if you've ever been in extreme colds, there is simply no comparison, I've done both. Got water and can find some shade? You're good in the heat. Wanna survive in the cold? Gonna take A LOT more than just water.

Start a fire? You're just as likely to get arrested for starting a fire as you are for being nude.

The more you argue it the more it makes me believe you've never been near the extreme colds, like I said there's no comparison
    I grew up in Maine shitlands bruh. And I feel like I am safe to assume that while talking on BG I am talking to someone that in general has access to a domicile(barring CS). Cold is much more comfortable and far easier to deal with in a dwelling than heat is.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Right but if you don't have AC in Florida that isn't a Florida problem, that's a your house/apartment problem. I would not live in a house that didn't have it. Like I wouldn't even consider it for a second

I get money might come into it for some people but even the cheapest apartments have AC. And again that then becomes not a Florida issue but a monetary issue

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Right but if you don't have AC in Florida that isn't a Florida problem, that's a your house/apartment problem. I would not live in a house that didn't have it. Like I wouldn't even consider it for a second

I get money might come into it for some people but even the cheapest apartments have AC. And again that then becomes not a Florida issue but a monetary issue
    True, but as far as California goes it's shit, it's getting hotter literally every year and houses out here were made for the eternal 60-75F we had prior to this.