Closed Thread
Page 1199 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 1149 1189 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 ... LastLast
Results 23961 to 23980 of 24180
  1. #23961
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,504
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Maybe I'm too used to the wifey's cooking, but how the hell do you fuck up chicken parm!? I feel like every time I try it at a restaurant they fucking botch it.
    Is it at a chain restaurant or local places because that makes all the difference I find. It's not a hard concept at all but so many restaurants across the spectrum use shortcuts and it tastes horrible.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #23962
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,846
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Maybe I'm too used to the wifey's cooking, but how the hell do you fuck up chicken parm!? I feel like every time I try it at a restaurant they fucking botch it.
    90% of places in America completely fuck it up. Don't worry about it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #23963
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,260
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    More termination woes and uncertainty.
    Slight update to all of this. After speaking with a lawyer, he affirmed that I had a strong case but he didn't recommend hiring a lawyer due to the amounts. Eating up 40-50% of the potential payout in fees likely wouldn't be worth it since as strong as it is, it's possible the court could still rule against me and I'd be stuck with the fees, while I'd just have a lawyer handling something that's easy enough to handle on my own. Pretty much risk vs reward wasn't there, or he didn't think such a case was worth his time and he just wanted to sugar coat it.

    That said, I've moved forward. I sent the demand letter and the CEO emailed back that day to try and put things to rest. Things didn't go anywhere, the only thing he agreed to pay was the $150 uniform deposit. The other $2100 in wages he declined to pay. I explained per the letter, the company had until 7/31 to handle things before I'd go to the county to file the case. I've printed up the forms and have all my evidence in order to prove that the commissions/vacation/unpaid raise are due. At this point, I don't mind if it goes to court because the filing fees are so low and there's a line in Ohio's revision that if you can prove "willful, wanton, or reckless misconduct or bad faith" in the payout of the commission, the employer is liable for up to 3x the commissions in damages. I have the evidence to prove that, even more so because I told the CEO I had this evidence, and he still declined to pay out. This'd top out the claim to the $6000 max that Ohio allows small claims court to handle.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #23964
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,423
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Slight update to all of this. After speaking with a lawyer, he affirmed that I had a strong case but he didn't recommend hiring a lawyer due to the amounts. Eating up 40-50% of the potential payout in fees likely wouldn't be worth it since as strong as it is, it's possible the court could still rule against me and I'd be stuck with the fees, while I'd just have a lawyer handling something that's easy enough to handle on my own. Pretty much risk vs reward wasn't there, or he didn't think such a case was worth his time and he just wanted to sugar coat it.

    That said, I've moved forward. I sent the demand letter and the CEO emailed back that day to try and put things to rest. Things didn't go anywhere, the only thing he agreed to pay was the $150 uniform deposit. The other $2100 in wages he declined to pay. I explained per the letter, the company had until 7/31 to handle things before I'd go to the county to file the case. I've printed up the forms and have all my evidence in order to prove that the commissions/vacation/unpaid raise are due. At this point, I don't mind if it goes to court because the filing fees are so low and there's a line in Ohio's revision that if you can prove "willful, wanton, or reckless misconduct or bad faith" in the payout of the commission, the employer is liable for up to 3x the commissions in damages. I have the evidence to prove that, even more so because I told the CEO I had this evidence, and he still declined to pay out. This'd top out the claim to the $6000 max that Ohio allows small claims court to handle.
    Good on you to keep at it. At least you're trying to do the right thing by just asking what you're owed but if they want to be dicks then fuck em and go all the way.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #23965
    Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,504
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

    Random Fail: First World Problems

    Went to Safeway tonight after movie specifically to use my coupon for Halo Top. End up picking up some other items including an awesome deal bone in ribeye steak for $6.99/lb so forget to actually use coupon. Welp just means I'll have to get more next week I guess lol.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #23966
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,069
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    Re: comcast stuff, you dont actually need to yell. What you say is more important than how you say it, if theor procedures are anything like ours. Be prepared to ask to cancel immediately.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #23967
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,423
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Re: comcast stuff, you dont actually need to yell. What you say is more important than how you say it, if theor procedures are anything like ours. Be prepared to ask to cancel immediately.
    I'm trying to decipher this statement. Are you saying when calling into Comcast, you don't need to yell, just say what you want and it will get done. Not understanding why I need to be prepared to ask to cancel immediately? Is this a really bad mobile autocorrect thing?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #23968
    The Shitlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,069
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

    I'm saying that if their procedures are anything like ours, the fact that you're yelling has no bearing at all on what we can do. Unless you get particularly vile (a line which is up to our own discretion) we're expected to just buck up and take it, and even once you cross that line, we'd be escalating within out own department. We have rules about when we can transfer to retention, that sort of thing. For us, we can only do that if you ask to cancel your services right there on that call. Corporate has essentially decided to call that bluff ahead of time, so you need to be prepared to actually cancel the services before you can get any promotions and shit.


    Also, you don't want to be labeled an abusive caller, either. Then you get stonewalled immediately until the same people you've been talking to get back on the line with you, and they're not going to change anything about what they're prepared to do.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #23969

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,225
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    The Internet at work is out which means I get to fart around until it's fixed but ultimately is gonna be a PITA because I can't do anything without it so I'll probably get stuck staying late once it finally does come back.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #23970
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,462
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I'm saying that if their procedures are anything like ours, the fact that you're yelling has no bearing at all on what we can do. Unless you get particularly vile (a line which is up to our own discretion) we're expected to just buck up and take it, and even once you cross that line, we'd be escalating within out own department. We have rules about when we can transfer to retention, that sort of thing. For us, we can only do that if you ask to cancel your services right there on that call. Corporate has essentially decided to call that bluff ahead of time, so you need to be prepared to actually cancel the services before you can get any promotions and shit.


    Also, you don't want to be labeled an abusive caller, either. Then you get stonewalled immediately until the same people you've been talking to get back on the line with you, and they're not going to change anything about what they're prepared to do.
    Bad part is I got the promotion and then they've added stuff to it... while my service has gotten worse <.<. Not sure if I can technically cancel since just got new contract but yeah not paying for the extra fees they've tacked on when I'm not even getting those "extras" or even the base service
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #23971
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,462
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Over last 2 days been getting spammed by emails all with different titles but from the same teaparty site. Click them open and they say they are to my boss but somehow are going to my personal email. Holy shit though some of this stuff is Alex Jones level conspiracy theory lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #23972
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,463
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    And you're opening spam in the first place...why? That's just begging for a virus.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #23973
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,462
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    And you're opening spam in the first place...why? That's just begging for a virus.
    well it went to inbox and some of the emails I get don't that I want don't really say who it's from till you open it and it wasn't obvious spam until I got the gist of the bunch of them. It's not like I clicked anything in the email itself

    edit: on hold with Comcast and the stupid hold music and messages stop... still connected so not sure if I should hang up and try again or not
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #23974
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,462
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Lol god this guys explanation. Tv fee is to pay for transmitting signals to your tv... so how is that paid for already in the tv part of the package?

    And the explanation for the internet is some kind of crazy ass bs. Like apparently the package is only for 55 mpbs... except for the promotion makes it 200 mpbs... but also adds on an extra $20 without telling you. Great promotion guys. Especially since the highest I clock in at is 90 and I spent most this weekend at <10. Welp downgrading to just internet and only 100 since apparently I can't get higher download speeds in this apartment.

    And then the person I transfer to is telling me different pricing than that guy.... which ends up being exactly what I'm at now. Much higher than I was told when I signed up for the deal and higher than what others in the bay area pay. Ending up telling me for the 49.99 the first guy told me would get me 100 mbps that I'd only get 10 and that it's because they invest so much into infrastructure... so much that I ya know often get much less. Fuck my phone gives me 10mbps mobile and that's only $35 a month with no hidden fees. Yeah totally lost it and hung up
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #23975
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,619
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Our school is only two blocks away from the local community college, and we have a partnership with them so students can take college classes for free. Which is awesome. But last year the classes were after school, and they were talking about having the students take it during the day. Because of that, they talked a lot about having our schedule switch to block scheduling. Now, we are also switching to a 1-to-1 school (computers for every student) which means that whether the schedule changed or not, I was redoing my lesson plans madly. But I didn't know whether to design them for a 2 hour class, or a 50 minute class. I kept asking, but they kept saying, "we haven't decided yet." So, I haven't done much planning this summer.

    I just got a text from one of my students with a printout of the schedule. So, they knew the schedule before the admin announcing it to the teachers. And on top of that, it looks ridiculous. Classes are all 53 minutes, but now we have advisory 5 times a week instead of 4, and twice a day instead of once. Which is dumb.

    Advisory, fyi is the new version of homeroom where you get the kids for four years. Except most schools have an independent lesson plan created by a team for advisory for things like real world skills and community service.

    Except we don't have that, and I don't have the time to create some awesome plan for it. And they basically want the kids sitting there reading 15 minutes a day, which they don't. Even my best students act ridiculous during that time. /whine
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #23976
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,260
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Now, we are also switching to a 1-to-1 school (computers for every student)
    Random memory, was it you that had a gofundme for providing laptops to your students like a year or two ago? Remember seeing it posted here and had contributed a bit, would be glad to see it all paid off and the school system opened their eyes.

    Regardless if it was or not, going 1-to-1 is awesome, it's so important for kids to be around tech and get that mindset and habits down pat so they don't struggle down the road. Growing up, my school didn't even have computers for anyone until the 5th grade. Even then it was just a lab with 20ish systems that the entire middle school of 600ish kids shared. At least they shaped up by time freshman year rolled around.

    That scheduling nonsense blows. Teach them mad meme skills, surely they'd be on board.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  17. #23977
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,619
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Random memory, was it you that had a gofundme for providing laptops to your students like a year or two ago? Remember seeing it posted here and had contributed a bit, would be glad to see it all paid off and the school system opened their eyes.

    Regardless if it was or not, going 1-to-1 is awesome, it's so important for kids to be around tech and get that mindset and habits down pat so they don't struggle down the road. Growing up, my school didn't even have computers for anyone until the 5th grade. Even then it was just a lab with 20ish systems that the entire middle school of 600ish kids shared. At least they shaped up by time freshman year rolled around.

    That scheduling nonsense blows. Teach them mad meme skills, surely they'd be on board.
    Yep that was me. I couldn't get the funding, so if you donated gofundme should have emailed you to choose whether to get the money back or donate it elsewhere.

    I can't take credit for the one to one, but I was pretty vocal about it last year, so who knows how much of it was influenced by me. I am sooo excited to be doing this. I am trying to design the class similar to an online course, but with a big safety net, so students become better at being independent learners. Kids don't need to memorize as much anymore. What they need to learn is how to find the answers.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  18. #23978
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,846
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries
    2

    After successfully avoiding a lot of regulatory oversight, I am now on two sides of my company which involve different government oversight procedures.

    This.

    This is hell.

    Bright side is I get to work from home 3 days a week at least now.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  19. #23979

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,225
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    He said as he wiped away his tears with $100 bills
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  20. #23980
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,846
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    He said as he wiped away his tears with $100 bills
    Again, you guys have an overinflated sense of how rich I am.

    Not that it's a bad thing.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag