Closed Thread
Page 1093 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1043 1083 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1103 1143 ... LastLast
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Swing and a miss.
    I didn't say I don't like lobster. I do. I just don't think it's worth the price at all (Outside of MA/NH/ME)
    I buy lobster every summer when the price hits 5-6 bucks a lb.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So everyone understands what you're actually paying for lobster.

Sticker price: $15 per pound
    Actual % of meat from shell-on (Using winter for the most favorable result): 22.5%
    Actual cost per pound of meat: Over $60 a pound.

That's a fucking ripoff.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Fail: I'm a scumbag millennial who literally purchased health insurance 30 seconds before scheduling a doctor's appointment. In my defense, as a PhD student I got to see a GP for free any time I wanted as part of student health services which made it cheapest to just eat the ACA fee and use my student coverage for simple stuff.

Real fail is I feel the need to buy insurance now because my left nut aches like a motherfucker and just ain't hanging right so I'm worried a GP visit won't fix it.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    So everyone understands what you're actually paying for lobster.

Sticker price: $15 per pound
    Actual % of meat from shell-on (Using winter for the most favorable result): 22.5%
    Actual cost per pound of meat: Over $60 a pound.

That's a fucking ripoff.
    Shit's so silly, growing up in Maine as a kid has made it so i'll never buy lobster again. Was basically the cheapest food we could buy some of the year back then..

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Shit's so silly, growing up in Maine as a kid has made it so i'll never buy lobster again. Was basically the cheapest food we could buy some of the year back then..
    Exactly. My GF's dad buys them direct from the lobstermen for like 4 bucks a lb max.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Random Fail: First World Problems

Been sick since Monday night , no amount of rest/NyQuil/ Sudafed has made a dent in relief. Throat is still as sore as it was Tuesday and now having shortness of breath regularly and pain. The worst fail is this kills off my sick time for the year and the earliest appointment they had was 10:20am but had to arrive early since my husband had to go to work.

Turns out she's not even here yet so no chance of me being seen early. I'm so tired of looking the wrong way and getting sick like this.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It seems like the same people are sick every 3 weeks. Da fk.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm sick. Well, I should be getting over it now, but I was dead to the world Sunday/Monday.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Right? I get sick like once a year with ~3 different infections at once. I'm miserable for 2-3 days, then I'm good for another 360 or so.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Trust me I've been this way since I was young with no reasons or answers explained to me , it's incredibly frustrating. Everything points to a compromised immune system but no reason WHY. If there was a cause then steps could be taken to prevent possibly but it's exhausting mentally and physically getting sick so often.

I get lots of colds during the year too - at least 8-10 times in some variation.
    I have since I was 4, no amount of vitamins, medication or healthy eating has changed the occurrences.

Nothing in tests points to a specific issue , blood work is all typical outside a few elevated things that I know about , blood pressure is typically on the low/ideal end and no known history of health issues besides my female concerns with PCOS , that really don't correlate with the stuff I'm dealing with.

I partly blame our office lately because there's no fresh air circulation, so when people come to work sick which is often because no one wants to use their sick time , it eventually just spreads like wildfire.

I've tried researching things on my own but I'm just at a loss. Where as most people get over a cold in days it can take me 2-3 weeks with daily symptoms. Not having answers why is the worst part.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It seems like the same people are sick every 3 weeks. Da fk.
    I used to get sick more often. Then I decided to not anymore. Oddly it's seemed to work. Mind is a crazy beast

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah it always baffles me that some people are sick so frequently. More so at work than BG. Like I virtually never get sick. Outside of self inflicted (i.e. Beer), the last time I felt sick is when I had Mumps 12 years ago. I can't decide whether I just have a really good immune system or I just ignore minor sicknesses/ don't feel too affected by them. I'm guessing I'm just lucky and have a good immune system though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So it poured last night but was nice and sunny for ride into work. Probably streets still wet and means you pick up the water and the dirt and rocks with it. I'm still finding little bits of pebbles and shit in my hair even with going slow to minimize it

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I consistently get sick once a year.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Exactly. My GF's dad buys them direct from the lobstermen for like 4 bucks a lb max.
    We usually travel out East(New Brunswick) at least once a year to visit the wifes fam, like 15 min down the road is a little fishermen's port with a fresh market, usually get it for $4-5/lb. Also her parents always give us bottled lobster to bring back home which is awesome.

Go digging for fresh clams as well so long as their isn't a red tide

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

The only positive out of all this is I have zero copays for visits or prescriptions due to double coverage.

My primary is awesome after going through 3 shit ones, I'm grateful for her. She's confident I have bronchitis due to how my lungs sound and the shortness of breath and coughing that started. Took a strep culture to be safe and I don't recall it ever hurting so much. My appointment was at 10:20 didn't get seen until almost 11am and just got prescriptions at 11:57am. Bleh .

Also had the absolute worst lyft ride home. Just ready to take my meds , put on Netflix and cuddle with my cats until next week ><

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry you are feeling like shit, but this reminds me if I were to ever drive for Uber or Lyft I would never want to pick up fares from a doctor's office, hospital, pharmacy, etc. I don't want people's cooties.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

That's completely fair , lol. I just didn't have any other choice to get home.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

lol I just lost it on a customer (relatively speaking). she took a phone call while we were on the phone and didn't say anything, no apology, no "can you hold a second," nothing. she must have been able to tell that I was annoyed because she said at one point later on "I'm sorry you feel frustrated" (fuck your ass backwards passive-aggressive apology) and I just let her know, you don't do that. you don't take a phone call in the middle of helping someone.

her reply to that, obviously shocked that I dared to criticize her, was: "and you're in customer service?"

and my straight-up reply was "as are you."

it was pretty satisfying, not gonna lie. not proud, but I regret nothing.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Third time in two months my car acts like the battery is dead and won't start. Hopefully it starts in the morning so I can get it in for service