Closed Thread
Page 1135 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1085 1125 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1145 1185 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Hmm those slumberfresh look nice, i actually have 2 of the bamboo ones already that I bought last year while lookin for new pillows. They are really nice for side sleeping but impossible to sleep on back/stomach with, and i'm *supposed* to be sleeping on my back for lumbar reasons.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I use slumber fresh as side pillows and book props. The bamboo+1 slumberfresh is the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    the greatest tragedy at my job is that e-readers aren't allowed on the call floor.

also, arus, are there any game shops nearby? even like 40-50 miles away would still be near enough. stop in when you have time and ask about any events. tabletop gamers are usually pretty cool peeps, and pretty widespread. even just regular board games would be baller. maybe ask at the local library too? I talk to some pretty fuckin redneck people at work and you'd be surprised how many of em will make offhand comments about playing board games and shit. had one redneck lady talk my ear off about chess while we were waiting for her box to reboot.

even rednecks have their nerds, man, you just gotta find em. Maybe in your area they take the form of another type of hobby. Off-roading or something? Who knows? Important thing is to get involved in a group that is focused around enjoying a hobby. vitally important, though: do not talk about politics or other socially sensitive topics. this area is pretty decently tolerant, but we have a rule at the game shop that we don't talk about politics because we're diverse enough that it COULD get ugly, and we're all there to have a good time, and no one wants it to get ugly. That's what makes it work, though. Everyone is there to enjoy the hobby, so we all agree to leave politics at the door. Sure, it leaks sometimes, but since we're all there to enjoy the hobby, it's easier to ignore the leakage and focus on the fun.
    You could say I'm in the dead zone between Pittsburgh and Columbus where nothing happens and either is a tad too far away for a casual drive. There was a small store a couple towns over that sells anime things (not just DVDs) that I tried to see if I could get a job at, but it's pretty much just the couple that owns it and they're keeping it that way. I further went on to try and suggest events they could run to get people in to both shop and hang out, but they didn't seem all that interested. When it comes to table-top stuff, I can't really say stuff like card games or D&D implicitly caught my interest (I blame video game RPGs for this). And while I used to play chess and backgammon back in high school, I dunno, it was more something I did while waiting for my folks to pick me up since the internet was still young and the librarians were bitches about the computers.

When it comes to politics, this area tends to trend red. And I know I've bitched about my sisters from time to time and how they consistently vote against their own interests. It's also fairly racist, so while I'm white as Casper, sitting through some conversations can still get pretty awkward. Whenever I see someone praise Trump and what he's done so far, I can't really tone down the visible cringing, either.

Otherwise, I don't drink and can't really endear myself to people who need to drink in order to have fun, which automatically shuts down the bar scene for me even though my podunk town has 3 of 'em. Tried hunting a few times, but it never really took. If riding some sort of machine, I'd much prefer go-karts over dirt bikes or four wheelers, but none of that's close. Finances aren't exactly the best for more expensive hobbies, either. Tried the game of walking my dogs in the more populated areas of town to get people daww'ing over them, but it seems more like I'm invisible when that actually happens. Though, it's also rough actually bumping into people in their 30's, either. It's usually teens and younger or 50+'ers.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I use a claritan pillow I found at bed bath it's fucking amazing. I sleep on my back but start on my side for a couple min. Wife always stealing my pillow, go to your 6 feet of the bed stay off my 2 feet of it fuck.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I use a claritan pillow I found at bed bath it's fucking amazing. I sleep on my back but start on my side for a couple min. Wife always stealing my pillow, go to your 6 feet of the bed stay off my 2 feet of it fuck.
    Is there a man in the world that doesn't suffer this problem? We upgraded to a King and it might as well be a twin for all the space I'm allowed

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Is there a man in the world that doesn't suffer this problem? We upgraded to a King and it might as well be a twin for all the space I'm allowed
    There is not.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    There is not.
    QFT

When the GF leaves are sleeping over for a few days I sprawl out and reclaim my lost territory.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    I've had my pillows for over 20 years and always seem to forget that make me wake up sniffly/sick every day until I go away on a trip and wake up not feeling like shit.

How often are you supposed to replace pillows? And do you guys have any recommendations for allergy friendly pillows? If you throw out a rec in regards to firmness can you tell me if you are side/stomach/back sleeper or not.
    20 years is probably a bit much

But it highly depends on the type of pillow and quality and such. Like before I bought my bed and was just sleeping in barracks/base hosing I'd buy those cheapy store ones and would have to replace them semi often. But when I bought my bed... well I still bought them for awhile but I got tired of that and eventually found a decent local sleep store. Can't really seen too much info on their site about the pillows but they were pretty top tier and I think I still have the original boxes somewhere so can try finding that shit when I get home. Basically the covers were from some hypoallergenic wool I think? Got 2 different ones for different levels of firmness; one was comfort foam and the other was shredded latex which sounds weird but is similar to the comfort foam with the soft support but it gets firmer the more weight you put onto into so you don't just squish it sleeping on it (though that's more noticeable in the bed itself. Watching a fat person lie down on comfort foam mattresses is funny as hell though lol). Having both is pretty good depending on what I need each night and to an extent what I'm sleeping on. Like on a firmer mattress I'll more like use the firmer as well.

Both were like $100 each but sleep is worth it and they've retained form and support since I've gotten them back in like 07-08 so definitely been worth it and honestly it's not that expensive for a good pillow anyways just seemed that way to me after having done $2-5 ones all my life. Oh side/back for me so like to have a 2nd around also to have something lean against while I'm on side

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I work with fucking idiots. Give an employee a new iphone. She sets a passcode and touch id. She reboots the phone and now can't remember the passcode so it's a fucking brick.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So quicken decided to remind me the deadline for the end of support of features we don't even use is coming up and we really really need to buy the new addition. It's annoying enough that it keeps popping up but oh so magically the day it starts doing this I keep getting errors that force the program to close. Just printing up a few invoices for next working day resulted in about a dozen errors like this when in the last several years it's done that all of a grand total of maybe twice

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

cherry tomatoes were 241 and I bought two packs and now I have a whole pack of cherry tomatoes that's gonna go bad but I don't want to eat them and ugh life is so hard you guys seriously

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    cherry tomatoes were 241 and I bought two packs and now I have a whole pack of cherry tomatoes that's gonna go bad but I don't want to eat them and ugh life is so hard you guys seriously
    The real fail here is you didn't get fresh picked. Fuckin Pleb

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

man I can't even grocery right

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Cherry tomatoes are disgusting.

Heirloom pls.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

OH LOOK AT ME! THE MILLIONAIRE WHO GOES TO BUY HEIRLOOM TOMATOES!

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That is very accurate to what I say.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Cherry tomatoes are disgusting.

Heirloom pls.
    Funny story. Last year my parents decided they wanted some cherry tomatoes too so got a couple of cherry tomato plants. And yeah it was pretty clear when they started coming in they actually got Heirlooms on steroids. Such a superior tomato that even when you buy the other you still get them!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    QFT

When the GF leaves are sleeping over for a few days I sprawl out and reclaim my lost territory.
    For real.

I have some of the best sleep when the wifey has to work night shifts at the hospital.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    For real.

I have some of the best sleep when the wifey has to work night shifts at the hospital.
    You can't tell em though.

Never ever tell them.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    For real.

I sleep the worst when I'm not sharing a bed.
    I don't know how you guys do it lol.