Closed Thread
Page 1178 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1128 1168 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1188 ... LastLast
    Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I got moved from the kitchen to the Front of the House because the kitchen manager wanted me as a lead so I had to be on the floor. I've been in management and working with customers since I was 16 but I found a peaceful home in the kitchen for the past 5+ years.

I told her flat out that I didn't want to leave the kitchen, I want to cook, I get along with food and I don't deal well with rich and entitled customers. She didn't care. I go out all the time, I go to bars, clubs, sporting events... I'm not intimidated by anyone, I'm able to move freely and have a good time but!.. The culture shock of this was too great. Face to face with rude fucking people for about a week and a half until some asshole (a man roughly my age) cussed at me about a sandwich. I gave him allllll the business he deserved, the proper respect as you will. It's like because I can smile and be friendly suddenly I'm some sort of punk... Yeah, nope. I can't tolerate it and a lot of that stems from me being super patient and courteous to anyone in any type of business.

I clocked out and left, haven't been back since. Effectively leaving a Top 100 Company To Work For job with fully paid Health Care, Vacation Time, a separate PTO accumulation and matched Roth 401k. All because I give people the respect they deserve, fuck the high road.

I don't regret it because it would've turned out far worse, likely as soon as the next day. I need fucking medication though, I fail.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's been raining for fucking DAYS here. Dropped my wife off at work and came back and noticed my ceiling was damp, awesome. Looks like the seam on the roof (split level home) went to shit causing some of the wood to deteriorate underneath. Shitty since we bought this house last year and was up in the attic checking everything and all was good. Insulation has no signs of damage so it must have JUST happened. Needless to say I was up on my roof tarring what I could in the rain. Now I get to deal with the insurance company on Monday and what they want to do with the roof/ceiling. Lovely start to my weekend.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

9 hours and 20 minutes later, I finally finished my morning shit. Days like today are why I went on disability. I was scheduled to work today. Even if I'd been teleported there, and worked between trips to the bathroom, I was entirely non-functional all day because of the constant haze of pain. Couldn't even put my thoughts together for a forum post more profound than the one above. I would have been all "ums" and grunts of pain. but hey, it's passed now. I can think again, if not totally clearly yet. i'm pretty fucking drained.

anyway my GF quit her job yesterday. I saw it coming a mile away and had been trying to help her find something else. but it's a somewhat similar situation to yours, Siccmade, except she worked for a hotel restaurant as a manager and was actively being hindered by upper management. they overwork their under-manned staff, and constantly micromanage (under the assumption that their expertise with hotels and drinking after work is all you need to run a restaurant) in idiotic ways. Example: restaurant's clientele is composed of two main groups: hotel guests and mayo clinic patients/family-of-patients, often in the same person. the décor matches the hotel, a comfortable lounge area where you can relax. the TVs and music, therefore, are naturally set to.... bar music and sports. in this environment, the director of food and beverage (GF's boss's boss) asks her what she thinks about removing ~4 tables to put in some pool tables and dart boards. Having to explain to your boss's boss the basics of how restaurants work without embarrassing him was not fun.

so, already overworked and understaffed, the same boss's boss started telling GF that in addition to being the only bartender and manager at the restaurant today, she's also expected to be the only host and waitress. oh and by the way she can't have the one day off a week she asked for anymore (so we can actually fucking see each other) because they want to give another manager two days off in a row. not that she dislikes the other manager, but that's literally been her only personal request since she started. when she balked, the guy makes snide comments about how they got a complaint from a party of 40 a couple weeks ago (first GF has heard of it, so, yknow, definitely properly handled) about how they tried to cheap them out with a limited menu (which they could go off of but just had to ask) and how GF was rude (again, first shes heard of this). so she lost it and quit. not too worried; place was a shithole and im glad shes out of there.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Went to Oceanside for the weekend to visit in-laws, and had a blast at the beach there with friends. Went to drive up back home and there was a fire on the freeway near home. (If you read the random image thread, it's the same freeway that damn road rage incident happened. This time a car hit a tree and got the brush caught on fire.) Normally it takes about 2 1/2 hours to get home, but this fire added another hour as the freeway was shutdown.

So we get to about an hour away from home and my daughter wanted to change her seat. She was stuck in the 3rd row because we had brought a friend with us, but we had dropped him off by this point. So we got off the highway and pulled over to switch her out, and had to move some stuff in the car to get her out and into the normal seat.

After the shifting, we take off and head on home. Once we got there we realized that my husband had taken the laptop bag out to help move her and had forgotten to put it back in. @.@; So, I had to get back in the car and head to where we pulled off on the slight chance the bag might still be there. Of course it wasn't, and I could only get one neighbor to answer his door. I left my number with him (husband also called the police to leave his number in case it was reported), but I think it's safe to say that laptop and everything that was in that bag is long gone. Sucks.

[edit] I should mention, as I pointed out in the RIT thread, people here are shit drivers, and trying to drive back to that place was like the thunderdome as accidents were happening everyone since the freeway was shut down.

Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ahh, good ol Rochester. Whenever we'd bring my dad to Mayo he always said fuck it when it came to restaurants near there and just drove the few extra minutes to Fat Willy's. because he had more than 1 shouting match with managers at other places. Then again he's a grumpy, opinionated, old man with no filter.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Went to Oceanside for the weekend to visit in-laws, and had a blast at the beach there with friends. Went to drive up back home and there was a fire on the freeway near home. (If you read the random image thread, it's the same freeway that damn road rage incident happened. This time a car hit a tree and got the brush caught on fire.) Normally it takes about 2 1/2 hours to get home, but this fire added another hour as the freeway was shutdown.

So we get to about an hour away from home and my daughter wanted to change her seat. She was stuck in the 3rd row because we had brought a friend with us, but we had dropped him off by this point. So we got off the highway and pulled over to switch her out, and had to move some stuff in the car to get her out and into the normal seat.

After the shifting, we take off and head on home. Once we got there we realized that my husband had taken the laptop bag out to help move her and had forgotten to put it back in. @.@; So, I had to get back in the car and head to where we pulled off on the slight chance the bag might still be there. Of course it wasn't, and I could only get one neighbor to answer his door. I left my number with him (husband also called the police to leave his number in case it was reported), but I think it's safe to say that laptop and everything that was in that bag is long gone. Sucks.

[edit] I should mention, as I pointed out in the RIT thread, people here are shit drivers, and trying to drive back to that place was like the thunderdome as accidents were happening everyone since the freeway was shut down.

Adding to my shit day I am waiting in the emergency room with severe abdominal pain. There goes another $250...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Adding to my shit day I am waiting in the emergency room with severe abdominal pain. There goes another $250...
    Update 1: I mostly likely have a twisted ovary. Less likely a kidney stone. Not going to lie, I am scared..please let it be a stone.

Update 2: Ended up being my colon is inflammed, which I think? Is way less an issue than the other two. Thank god. @.@;

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I turn 30 in a few days and this hangover is proof that I'm not as young as I used to be fuck.

I am legit shaky and jittery and that's even after morning business and a big breakfast full of cures.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have won the thread.

I now live in Brooklyn. Today, while going to get coffee and some kitchen supplies I saw:

1) At least 5 people unironically talking about vegan meat substitutes in a circle outside of an organic produce store
    2) 10 rompers. TEN.
    3) One pretty cool dude who was running a little shave ice thing near the subway. Got me a shave ice for breakfast.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

man that was a quick move. How's the commute?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    man that was a quick move. How's the commute?
    p legit actually. like 20-25 minutes door to door. Glad I'm on the 4/5 line now so I can express straight to my office near Grand Central.

It was super late notice and I had to jump into a place on 4 days notice so I basically didn't sleep and just packed for 2 days, grabbed a uhaul, drove to BK, moved in, and here we are.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

4 train rules! we always stay in midtown east and take that shit down to the spots we frequent at the lower end of the island. only like 3 stops instead of 5 million

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's great during the week. On the weekends the 4/5 are always late/slow because of construction. It's all good though I have like 500 restaurants to try out here. I'm sure I'll be a free range artisanal beekeeper by the end of the week.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Update 1: I mostly likely have a twisted ovary. Less likely a kidney stone. Not going to lie, I am scared..please let it be a stone.

Update 2: Ended up being my colon is inflammed, which I think? Is way less an issue than the other two. Thank god. @.@;
    BUCK UP BUTTERCUP!

no but yeah I know dem feels. sucks. try cutting down on greasy, spicy foods, etc. often helps.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    It's great during the week. On the weekends the 4/5 are always late/slow because of construction. It's all good though I have like 500 restaurants to try out here. I'm sure I'll be a free range artisanal beekeeper by the end of the week.
    Lmk if you try Talde, I've thought about making the trip to Brooklyn just to try it.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's on the list but gonna be awhile because I just dropped 6 racks moving.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    BUCK UP BUTTERCUP!

no but yeah I know dem feels. sucks. try cutting down on greasy, spicy foods, etc. often helps.
    Ty. I asked the nurse what I could do and she said, "nothing." So good to get some real info.

Doctor put me in an emotional roller coaster . I didn't sleep all night and pass out at home. An hour in the doctor calls and informs me that they saw an abnormally large fibroid in the ultrasound and I should have my doctor check that it isn't cancer. Freaked me the fuck out until I read it rvery very rarely is.

Edit: Talking to my mom and I think it might be my IUD that's causing it. Gonna check with my doctor when I see her.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Garmin connect decided to complete revamp and now the activities page is way clunkier and harder to read... oh and no longer contains certain pieces of info like time of day the activity happened or day of the week and makes it really hard to find said info. And well it's kind of how I track when I come into and leave work

Also had totally forgotten about my Comcast appointment so got woken up by the knocking at not exactly a good moment. Basically ended up telling me they can't do anything since I'm at the very end of the line of cable run thru the apartment complex because I'm way in the corner. He redid the connections and helped a little but whoops. Funnier part is apparently that idiot who I talked to earlier to set this appointment up even booked it as an install after spending an hour troubleshooting internet I already had <.<. And this is why I repeat myself a lot because some people need shit a dozen times to get it in their heads

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Ty. I asked the nurse what I could do and she said, "nothing." So good to get some real info.

Doctor put me in an emotional roller coaster . I didn't sleep all night and pass out at home. An hour in the doctor calls and informs me that they saw an abnormally large fibroid in the ultrasound and I should have my doctor check that it isn't cancer. Freaked me the fuck out until I read it rvery very rarely is.

Edit: Talking to my mom and I think it might be my IUD that's causing it. Gonna check with my doctor when I see her.
    Oh shit that's scary regardless I hope they find answers quickly for you. I've been lucky with my IUD it's been the best thing ever but unfortunately I'm more the exception it seems. Definitely be careful and be assertive so they will rule things out for you.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yeah I hope not, but it seems like I inherited a lot from my mom when it comes to my body. She told me her colon would get inflamed and she got fibroids, too. But the doctor told her it was from her bc (pill) because of the estrogen. Now, I use the paragard so I thought that wouldn't apply to me, but I read that while that IUD is nonhormonal, it can still cause your body to produce extra estrogen. And all the symptoms I've had since getting the IUD are shared with an inflamed colon and fibriods.

Which would suck because if the IUD is causing all of this, that probably means all the brands would. I'll have to decide what I want to do for bc.