Closed Thread
Page 1118 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1068 1108 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1128 1168 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

this one is for the computer nerds, mostly:

- create git tag
    - finish project
    - neglect to delete/update git tag
    - project is graded based on incomplete version, 16% grade o.O

I emailed the TA explaining what I did wrong and asking him to regrade. Considering we are just learning git in this course I'm hoping he'll be lenient and maybe take off like 5% for incorrect use of git tags instead of grading the wrong version of the project. I mean yeah, that was my mistake, but an 84% penalty for incorrect use of tags seems like a bit much.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Ergonomic keyboards are the devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    They are for people who don't really use keybaords.
    It just takes getting used to. I have issues typing on a non ergonomic now, so much that my new job went and got me one by request.
    Before my carpal tunnel surgeries I swore it didn't matter but now I really need it lol.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm using a G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 mechanical with Cherry MX reds at home. I was skeptical of how much of an improvement a mechanical is vs membrane (most keyboards) but after my first I'll never go back. I've only used mechanical boards with a wrist rest but I've had zero issue with wrist pain for any other pain and the response from the keys is incredible. I love reds because they aren't super clicky like blues and are a bit more firm.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm so very tired. Like mentally and physically tired. I was hoping that the Korean Spa could kick my energy back into gear, and I was really rested that day, but that washed away fast. Doing too much at work while still trying to make sure I give my children the attention they deserve, and I can't do it all, and I am just so tired.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I'm so very tired. Like mentally and physically tired. I was hoping that the Korean Spa could kick my energy back into gear, and I was really rested that day, but that washed away fast. Doing too much at work while still trying to make sure I give my children the attention they deserve, and I can't do it all, and I am just so tired.
    You know I hear the last part from my friends a lot who are also parents and it's obvious you are doing the best you can. You're right - You CAN'T do it all , it's just not possible. That's the first important thing to accept like it or not. That doesn't mean you stop trying or caring but you acknowledge the reality of your limitations.

I obviously can't relate as a non parent but hopefully circumstances get better over time so you don't feel as overwhelmed. Does your husband know how you feel ? Is he sharing the burden with you ?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Amphetamines do wonders for energy and weight loss just sayin.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

The obvious solution is to find yourself a wife.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Ergonomic keyboards are the devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    They are for people who don't really use keybaords.
    I stopped paying attention at some point yesteday, but I didn't get an ergonomic keyboard. I got this:

But for the past 8 years I've been using keyboards like this (I have this specific one at home):

The difference between the raised keys and not having the dead space between keys is what's throwing me off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So friend occasional likes to rant about how life is unfair cause monies tight and it's definitely the worlds/corporations fault which is funny since last I knew she had a government job. Anyways suggestions to spend less are generally met with a can't already am and one example is always buys really old phones. Whelp she now is trying to upgrade her 2 iphone 5's. Guess 3 year old phone is just too old now even for people who supposedly can't afford it

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Some crazy shit happening in London at the moment. Parliament is in lock down after a police office was stabbed, the knife wielding man was then shot and 5 people were injured when a car mowed people down along Westminster Bridge.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So friend occasional likes to rant about how life is unfair cause monies tight and it's definitely the worlds/corporations fault which is funny since last I knew she had a government job. Anyways suggestions to spend less are generally met with a can't already am and one example is always buys really old phones. Whelp she now is trying to upgrade her 2 iphone 5's. Guess 3 year old phone is just too old now even for people who supposedly can't afford it
    She ain't about that Galaxy 3 life like I am. Seriously, using a S3 on Ting right now. For both my wife and I our bill was $42.71 last month. I can't think of a cheaper phone plan for the both of us.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

So friend occasional likes to rant about how life is unfair cause monies tight and it's definitely the worlds/corporations fault which is funny since last I knew she had a government job.
    I dunno how it is in amurica but in canadia them gov jobs got them sweet high end benefits, pensions, and generous vacation time. get fucked

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I dunno how it is in amurica but in canadia them gov jobs got them sweet high end benefits, pensions, and generous vacation time. get fucked
    Yup, as Management class with 8 years with the county, I earn 3 weeks vacation a year (a little over 4 hours per pay check), 12 days of sick leave a year with a cap at 1500 hours, 4 floating holidays, and 7 management days. I typically sell a week of vacation every year since my cap is 6 weeks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    She ain't about that Galaxy 3 life like I am. Seriously, using a S3 on Ting right now. For both my wife and I our bill was $42.71 last month. I can't think of a cheaper phone plan for the both of us.
    I'm still rocking my S3. It does what I need and more no need to drop $600+ on a new phone ever couple of years. That said my bill is crazy higher like $110 or so though it oddly varies now and then.. Tell me about this ting like you getting a good deal cause it's a group plan or it just that amazing?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm still rocking my S3. It does what I need and more no need to drop $600+ on a new phone ever couple of years. That said my bill is crazy higher like $110 or so though it oddly varies now and then.. Tell me about this ting like you getting a good deal cause it's a group plan or it just that amazing?
    Ting runs off of Sprint's towers and you need to have a Ting sim card ($9 off Amazon). You pay strictly what you use. There isn't an official plan, but they do map out what the cost is if you use x amount of everything. Ting took all of Ringplus when Sprint told R+ to basically kick rocks. Below is a link for rates and you can also see if your device is compatible.

https://ting.com/rates

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Ting runs off of Sprint's towers and you need to have a Ting sim card ($9 off Amazon). You pay strictly what you use. There isn't an official plan, but they do map out what the cost is if you use x amount of everything. Ting took all of Ringplus when Sprint told R+ to basically kick rocks. Below is a link for rates and you can also see if your device is compatible.

https://ting.com/rates
    Thanks man sounds like will save a bit of dough.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Thanks man sounds like will save a bit of dough.
    Project Fi from Google.

Runs off Sprint and T-Mobile towers. Think it's $30 a month for talk and text, and $10 per GB of data used. My bill is usually $50. because I normally use 1.x GB of data.

EDIT: Need to get a phone from them, though cause it doesn't remain on any one network.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm reading the comments on ting suggests a rather alarming amount of people have problems trying to just get a sim card to put in a phone they bought themselves so almost looks like you have to buy from them or risk a huge headache. But they are charging $80 more for the same model directly from the vendor <.<. Google phones look interesting and the Pixel looks pretty comparable to the S7 I was looking at but again about $80 more. Bah looks like need to research more

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

one day back at work and I'm dealing with shit that really should not be on my plate because other people are too lazy to correct their own mistakes.

YEP.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Finally had to break down and request a fan for my desk at work. I found out today that if the rest of the office wants it hot, I get screwed even if I have my thermostat set at 68. 75 in my office, and that's after turning off my lights mounted under my overhead storage and not working on other computers right now.