BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: New Recipes (3/26/2012)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah and since I know it appears as a possible suggestion on the skillup npcs the one that lists everythign should definitely have it if you are capped

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BTW, I logged onto the test server since skills are auto-capped, and checked the cooking NPCs to see if maybe the rice ball recipe is super-high (115+ or so), but it is still not given.

There is a depressing possibility, that the douche-bag Epicureans give the recipe; but we would have no idea what the general level for it would be, and I don't think that anyone wants to spend 50 years spamming them to possibly get it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just spent the better part of my day updating the Clothcraft recipe page on the wiki with my LV99 mule + Interwebs searching. It took a lot longer than Alchemy since post 80 wasnt touched, and a lot pre 80 were missing. I could not find any information on caps for any Expert ranked Cloth items, so if anybody figures them out, please update the levels. I did made another useful discovery worth sharing.

There are Post COP =>TOAU Era recipes that do NOT show up on the comprehensive NPC list. For Cloth, they are the following: Puk Fletchings, Puk Fletchings with a Zephyr Thread, Wamoura Silk, Wamoura Silk with a Spindle, and Wamoura Cloth. This proves that it is not just pre-COP like originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    ^ This is pretty good proof that it wouldn't be on the list if capped. Additionally, you can log in to the test server with 100+ bone and it will auto-cap your bone to 110. Then you can just check the NQ support NPC to see if it's there.
    Referring to above, the Hydra Mail is in the same boat. Could it be possible that all of these synths (plus more for other crafts) were released in the same update, and a dev was lazy? I don't really want to do that much digging, but I assume it can be found out approximately when these items were added by looking at wiki dates they were added, or FFXIAH.com comments. Puk fletchings are also one of the few items missing an image from ffxiah.com. Not sure if that is relevant or not.

PS: On an unrelated note, I also do have a suggestion targeted towards Septimus/Wiki admins. Can we remove the desynthesis recipes and subcraft recipes from the main crafting pages? It looks tacky in my opinion, and they deserve to have their own pages (Perhaps one large Desynthesis page, or indivudual desynthesis pages per craft). Subcraft recipes should just be added to the main craft list (I'll get them all done eventually, lol). Of course that is just my opinion.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Just spent the better part of my day updating the Clothcraft recipe page on the wiki with my LV99 mule + Interwebs searching. It took a lot longer than Alchemy since post 80 wasnt touched, and a lot pre 80 were missing. I could not find any information on caps for any Expert ranked Cloth items, so if anybody figures them out, please update the levels. I did made another useful discovery worth sharing.

There are Post COP =>TOAU Era recipes that do NOT show up on the comprehensive NPC list. For Cloth, they are the following: Puk Fletchings, Puk Fletchings with a Zephyr Thread, Wamoura Silk, Wamoura Silk with a Spindle, and Wamoura Cloth. This proves that it is not just pre-COP like originally thought.

Referring to above, the Hydra Mail is in the same boat. Could it be possible that all of these synths (plus more for other crafts) were released in the same update, and a dev was lazy? I don't really want to do that much digging, but I assume it can be found out approximately when these items were added by looking at wiki dates they were added, or FFXIAH.com comments. Puk fletchings are also one of the few items missing an image from ffxiah.com. Not sure if that is relevant or not.

PS: On an unrelated note, I also do have a suggestion targeted towards Septimus/Wiki admins. Can we remove the desynthesis recipes and subcraft recipes from the main crafting pages? It looks tacky in my opinion, and they deserve to have their own pages (Perhaps one large Desynthesis page, or indivudual desynthesis pages per craft). Subcraft recipes should just be added to the main craft list (I'll get them all done eventually, lol). Of course that is just my opinion.
    First off, thank you for your work, we do genuinely appreciate the effort people put into BGWiki.

About the recipes that do not show up on the list; are those like the cooking recipes that those douchebag Epicureans give, aka, never from the main crafting NPCs?

As for the Desynthesis and subcraft sections of the craft pages, I am all for it. Honestly, I have never liked including subcrafts on the main pages for crafts. I would be all for moving both of them to their own sub-pages, like Smithing/Desynthesis and Alchemy/Subcrafts. Honestly, the craft pages are extremely long, so breaking up the walls o' text to sub pages would probably be a good idea. We could always reserve the pain page for the NPCs, rank tests, GP items, Skill items, and general stuff like that, then have sub pages for the Recipes, Desynthesis, and Subcrafts. What do you guys think?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have never heard of any NPCs in alchemy cloth or bone that are the same as the cooking ones over in whitegate. I have a feeling its unrelated.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait what is this other recipe guy thing?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Wait what is this other recipe guy thing?
    There are several NPCs in Whitegate that will give you near-eastern cooking recipes if you complete a few quests. But the recipes are completely random and we really have no clue about their levels. So they are basically a useless batch of pricks.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Anyone know the exact cap for these alchemy synths?

Hexed Coif - 107
    Hexed Doublet - 110
    Hexed Gages -108-109
    Hexed Slops - 106
    Hexed Nails - 105

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I've been adding them to the wiki as I discover them. Hit 103 today, so I need to go spam the NPC and find out if anything is 107.

Gages are 108-109
    Doublet is 110
    Coif is 107

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thanks, I just dinged 101, so I am slowly getting to sun water cap. Considering stockpiling squamas but at 800k each I would really hate to have 20 saved up only to have SE adjust something. Many moons ago I was working on genie weskits and had a huge number of dragon talons stored only to have SE adjust their drop rate/drop areas which lost me a small fortune.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I figure that as glacially slowly as SE has been adding content lately, I am likely to get more than a few Tier 0/1s cranked out and break even/make profit before they tank the market.

103.3, over 40 NQ Hexed Doublet/etc.s unsold across my accounts. I sell about three per week and make about 10. Over 1mil per synth on Lakshmi (1.2mil atm) and about 1mil per NQ. I am considering tanking the market, but the velocity is too freaking slow to do that. I stand to lose my shirt or make a shitton of gil exporting HQs to other servers, but either way I won't be too sad. I was tired of building shiny weapons and had a lot of gil saved up from my habitual salvaging, so now I'm spending it.

0.7 more skill until I'm tier 1 on Hexed Nails. Too bad I've never successfully sold a pair. Thanks Legion, you worthless event.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I figure that as glacially slowly as SE has been adding content lately, I am likely to get more than a few Tier 0/1s cranked out and break even/make profit before they tank the market.

103.3, over 40 NQ Hexed Doublet/etc.s unsold across my accounts. I sell about three per week and make about 10. Over 1mil per synth on Lakshmi (1.2mil atm) and about 1mil per NQ. I am considering tanking the market, but the velocity is too freaking slow to do that. I stand to lose my shirt or make a shitton of gil exporting HQs to other servers, but either way I won't be too sad. I was tired of building shiny weapons and had a lot of gil saved up from my habitual salvaging, so now I'm spending it.

0.7 more skill until I'm tier 1 on Hexed Nails. Too bad I've never successfully sold a pair. Thanks Legion, you worthless event.
    Also doesn't help that without augments the NQ auspex nails is pretty much garbage

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They're the best enfeebling MAcc feet in the game for BLM and SCH even as NQs, I think. I pretty much agree though. Nares are pretty comparable, and I'd use them over this for MND enfeebles.

All I know is that (apart from Gages), the NQ hexed alchemy gear is all shit I wouldn't personally uncurse NQ-style because of how hard the abjurations are to get. Still, I sell a few doublets and slops but I've never sold a Coif (Legion) or Nails (Legion). I sell surprisingly few Gages considering they're pretty clearly the best NQ piece.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Ya they all seem like side-grades or marginal upgrades not worth the time/gil/effort. However, if you can get some badass augments on the HQs then I'm glad I have alchemy...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Ya they all seem like side-grades or marginal upgrades not worth the time/gil/effort. However, if you can get some badass augments on the HQs then I'm glad I have alchemy...
    That depends entirely on how you obtain the augments in the first place. anythign involving tatters like olde abjurations, will make people vomit... to farm ANOTHER abjuration to augment. For old Ajburations this was fine, since you could just go out and farm abjurations easily, for the new ones, lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not sure any method would make people just because trying to get a specific abj just to make the gear. Then getting getting the HQ which for some wont be T1 able until they add more skill and/or skill up recipes or even really craftable due to material availibility... seriously what is so broken about actually making specific abjs farmable? Not oh yeah every several fights 1 out of several randomly drops to the allaince and/or in 1 random persons box

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not sure any method would make people just because trying to get a specific abj just to make the gear. Then getting getting the HQ which for some wont be T1 able until they add more skill and/or skill up recipes or even really craftable due to material availibility... seriously what is so broken about actually making specific abjs farmable? Not oh yeah every several fights 1 out of several randomly drops to the allaince and/or in 1 random persons box
    I think you know why they can't make specific abjurations farmable...

Spoiler: show

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the current problems the new abjuration system is faceing:
    1. Obtaining abjurations is totally luck based (VW) or hard as shit (Legion), sometimes a combination of both
    2. Their stats are not that special (why bother?)
    3. This goes in hands with: only HQ are augmentable (this leads to even less people desiring to get those abjurations)
    4. getting a HQ abjuration is fucking retarded (ingridient prices)
    5. getting a person that actually has capped craft to 110 is lol, getting that craft to 110 is lol
    6. thats because there are NO FUCKING INGRIDIENTS! and shitty recipes

The List goes on, the whole system fails from beginning to end:
    - entry cost (for legion at least)
    - not shout friendly
    - too hard (see one line up)
    - only Augments on HQ gear
    - NQ gear blows

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

That pretty much sums it up

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

btw does anyone know at what lvl thokcha ingot caps out? 100? 101?

is it even above 100?

btw about craft npc, does your mega:mob and equipment affect what they tell you?. Because one guy only mentions hexed domaru and the other one mentions lower lvl synths