Closed Thread
Page 138 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast

Loved the ending to RAW - perfect way to round out the go home show. Shame about the Cena/Rock feud, no other way of saying it - it's awful. Orton heel turn coming, joins the shield - I'm ok with this. Fandango going over Jericho - no complaints, especially after the scorecards!

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Orton heel turn would be great, but please he doesn't need to join the Shield. Shield is fine with who they are. They don't need to be bloated with more members.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I could see Shield winning by pinning Sheamus, Orton gets pissed at the loss and punts him in the head, there's your heel turn.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Orton is absolutely turning heel. Just look at all the "see how nice of friends we all are?" angle he's playing recently. The writing is predictable as shit, but that's why they make so much goddamn money.

That, and Stephanie's massive tits.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I miss Stephanie's tits playing a regular role on the shows.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Orton heel turn at WM is inevitable. Can't have Orton be practically meaningless in 3 consecutive WMs, while the screaming girl Cena gets all the title matches and main events. As for joining the Shield? Doubtful. And if it happens it'll just turn into an nWo/Aces n' Eights/Wolfpack storyline where people keep joining and it'll be tired and boring. I hope the Shield stays the trio that it is right now until their inevitable implosion a year~ or so from now.

Still waiting for the Shield to be interesting.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

As much as I like the guys IN the Shield, I do have to agree that they haven't really done anything. The thing that made NWO, DX and hell even the Nexus interesting is that they affected the whole company and were the main storyline for extended periods of time, often feuding for and holding major championships. Right now the Shield is just three guys who...occasionally beat someone up. They're doing mid-card work but acting like they're a main event stable. Which honestly, they should be. Maybe increasing their roster a bit would actually help, certainly giving them some belts would make them a more viable threat. But as long as all they do is 3 on 1 run ins and 6 man tag PPV matches (no matter how good they are) the entire Shield angle will go no where and they'll stop even being a threat in the long run.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The leaked pictures of the WrestleMania set might be the gaudiest shit I've ever seen. The entrance ramp has a model Empire State Building and the canopy above the ring has a gigantic Statue of Liberty. It is pretty ridiculous, lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Its in New york, shouldn't really surprise you lol

Trigun

Found tickets on stubhub, Im anxious and worried they wont work at the door Sunday.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Apparently WWE ran the angle by Paul Moody's kids...but what they did Monday night wasn't what they had talked about and they're not happy.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

This is apparently a text that officials recieved from Michael Moody after the fact
    “Hey. I woke up in time to watch the tail end of the show. What you explained would happen happened. Which is fine. Just it was a little difficult to watch it play out. I put a message on Facebook last night saying that we approved it but it wasn’t what I envisioned. That I didn’t have anything to say. Well woke up this morning and that quote is being used all over “media outlets”. For the record. I was fine w it. Was hard to watch but y’all are professionals and I trust.”
    So it sounds like the media being the media and spinning something out of context. Most everything I've read from wrestlers, which of course the family will obviously see it different but they'll understand the business too, was that Bearer would have loved the angle, and would be thrilled that even in death he's a part of it all.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah when I read their first text it didn't sound like they were unhappy. Just that it was hard to watch because it's their father. Then I read the dirt sheets claiming they were mad, should've known they were spinning it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dirt sheets do what they do, can't help it. Moody would have been delighted to be used in a storyline like this even after his death, and this is professional wrestling after all... I see no fault on WWE's end. Yes I'm sure it was hard for them to watch it, because it is their father after all, but come on... this is entertainment.

On a different note, I am really hoping WWE keeps shit fresh with the WWE title. Something along the lines of having Christian return after WM and go after Cena's title to a 2-3 month program where he'll end up winning the title from him sounds fantastic.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You sure dream big huh? lol I wouldn't mind seeing that but I give that about a .4% chance of happening. I see Christian coming back face anyway.

The latest rumors, however, say that Ryback might feud with Cena for the title because Cena eliminated him at the Rumble.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ordering WM since it's a yearly tradition I have with a couple of friends, but it looks bleh. Probably will never happen, but I'd be happy as shit if they turn Cena heel and have him go back to how he was back in the day... a ghetto thug wannabe who rapped about Stephanie's tits.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Anyone else find it a little strange, that with all the angles where he was killed (locked in a freezer, entombed in cement, etc) that they would use his actual death in a WrestleMania buildup?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nothing strange about it at all. It's a final send off for him.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

CM Punk tweeted that Living Color is going to play him to and from the stage at WrestleMania.