Closed Thread
Page 5 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

it was a really good set up. Kinda surprised they had metallica music for taker v hhh match and didnt get them perform live or something. Must have had to pay some hefty royalties lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was really into Punk/Jericho, Taker/HHH was predictably brutal, and Rock/Cena was a pretty good match, but seriously, what the fuck? You basically pull a bait and switch in the world heavyweight title match and continue to diminish it's importance. You take the intercontinental title, a title that used to be reserved for the best up and coming in ring performers, off a hot young heel and put it on a guy who's realistically not gonna be around too much longer. You job out the guy who carries the company, week in and week out, for a guy who may never have another match in his career. And if you were going to job out Orton why not give the rub to somebody could use it?

I am asking too much in terms of logical decision making.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Taker/HHH was wonderful, but I can't see those guys doing that again. That match was so brutal. Annoyed that Cena pulled an arrogance card and got slammed for it, but what you gonna do? The Sheamus match that wasn't was annoying, as I actually enjoy watching him and Daniel Bryant fight, and I'm glad Kane won.

The Rock winning seemed like a plug to the home crowd and nothing more, unless he had some contract stipulation with Vince that he had to win that match. I thought Cena had him when he caught the rock and pulled his second finisher on him, and it would have been a great ending to the match, but to have him suddenly turn arrogant heel and steal the Rock's move at the end was stupid.

Ah well.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can't say that I disagree with Orton's comments. These guys are on the road pretty much all year. That's a lot of wear and tear on their bodies and families.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Just read a note that makes a lot of sense to me; Orton hasn't really been pushed at anywhere near the same level he used to be ever since he publicly stated wrestlers should get mandatory time off.
    You can see these subtle actions vince does all the time. Same way tag team wrestling is never really pushed in WWE cuz vince hates it. The only reason the wwe is so popular still is because most the fans are grasping on hopes of old wrestling greats to return and make magic again. The current wwe can be good at times but overall its pretty stupid and bland with no great storylines like they had in the past. WWE needs to bring back the hardcore stuff and/or something like what TNA does with the X-division.

They made some pretty shitty decisions with Wrestlemania this year and some pretty amazing ones, but the ending of the last match, just purely from a business perspective, makes absolutely zero sense.
    The Rock was one of the few that kept Vince from going bankrupt over a decade ago. He was on the biggest stage and in his home town. Having him lose to John Cena would of done damage they could of never fixed.

They can easily prop Cena back up by putting him in a lengthy feud with Brock Lesnar. They made the right call.

Now there is some other legit stuff to complain about. One of the biggest faces in the company (Orton) jobbing to Kane, the opener being Bryan getting squashed simply because they wanted to break a WM record....which failed and now they've built the Undertaker up to the point where nobody will buy in if someone breaks his streak.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Clemz View Post
    Speaking of Jericho . He was so amazing back then.
    God damn yes, this was when shit was real. Fucking loved Malenko as a wrestler and had a classic feud with Jericho.

Chris Jericho was a boss

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Slept through it earlier so watching it now. What the fuck were they thinking with the Sheamus v Bryan match? That should have been one of the best matches of the night, Bryan is an amazing in ring performer and I've liked Sheamus since his feud with Triple H when they brought him in to the live shows.

As for TNA, they absolutely have some of the best talent in the business, but they've got guys at the helm that destroyed WCW so I'm not holding much hope there. That said, Eric Young is one of my favorite characters in the scene right now, dude's hilarious.

So far the HiaC match kept it from being a total disappointment, those are the only two guys in the business they'd trust to have a match like that in this era, definitely reminded me of the Attitude Era matches. Glad they were able to put business aside and have Ric Flair speak and be on stage for the Four Horsemen induction, and loved Edge doing the reeking of awesomeness pose. Looking forward to actually seeing the ceremony tonight.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still pissed about the Bryan/Sheamus thing. Story or not it makes both of them look bad, especially considering they were bumped off the card last year. Even the fans were showing their disapproval for the first hour or so. Maybe the rumors are true and Bryan's got an injury. Hell in a Cell and WWE Title matches were great, and the main event was good, but didn't live up to the impossible hype IMO.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Honestly, Show needed to win. Not cause he needs the title but the whole buildup was with Rhodes taunting him that he chokes on every wrestlemania. So now Show gets his win, and Rhodes is free to start up a feud with Sheamus for the title. As for that match, I wonder if Bryan is hurt and they are hiding it. I haven't read anything on the dirt sheets he was in trouble and I don't remember the last time a title match at Mania went like that when it wasn't to hide an injury.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Chavo vs. Kane for the ECW Title, Wrestlemania 24.
    Ahh, right around the time I took a few year hiatus from watching/following wrestling.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Watched Wrestlemania today, it was pretty damn good. But enough about that...

LESNAR JUST F5'D CENA!!

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

THE BROCK SAYS THE BROCK SAYS

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That RAW was amazing. Crowd was wild all night with "YES! YES! YES!" chants and "NO! NO! NO!" chants. Constant "Dan-iel Bry-an," "We want Lesnar," and various Ryder chants. More arenas need to be loud like this. A dead crowd really kills a good RAW or Smackdown.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I lost my shit at the crowd chanting "SI! SI! SI!" for Alberto del Rio rofl

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah it's funny how they managed to get Daniel Bryan super over as a face with a large portion of the crowd now just by turning him heel but damn that crowd was firmly behind him all night even during the dark match after Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I lost my shit at the crowd chanting "SI! SI! SI!" for Alberto del Rio rofl
    That shit made me laugh forever.

The reaction Daniel Bryan got tonight likely won't remain afterwards. That was an ultra smarky crowd that could rival Montreal.

The show was good, but damn did that crowd put it completely over the top.

I can't remember a damn thing about Lesnar's in-ring personality. That said, him coming back doesn't excite me at all.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I can't remember a damn thing about Lesnar's in-ring personality. That said, him coming back doesn't excite me at all.
    He was Brock Lesnar? Just a huge ahole. was interesting cause Paul Heyman made him that way as his manager.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast