Closed Thread
Page 1264 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 1214 1254 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1274 1314 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If anyone is interested, NJPW is hosting a special event for the G-1 in LA on July 1-2. Apparently being held at the Long Beach Convention Center.

Edit: said it was the first 2 days. Apparently it is something called G-1 Special that has no tournament matches.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Angle already talked to Triple H once before about coming back and he flat out told him he didn't need him. At the time his contract was supposedly ending for TNA(I think 2 years ago in september). Aside from drinking and his other personal problems, dude's body is breaking down too. I'm a huge Kurt Angle fan. Does hilarious promos and I like his style of wrestling.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Supposedly both the Bollywood Boyz have been removed from 205 Live and sent back down to NXT. I'm guessing they want them to get a gimmick that isn't "Indian Hollywood Blondes".

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

WCPW has a free show streamed on youtube tomorrow featuring Cody Rhodes vs. ZSJ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just got through WK11. What a card. Each match built on intensity from the last(except maybe the IWGP Tag title match) till the end. Omega and Okada tore the fucking place down, set it on fire, built it back up, and tore it down again.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anthem now has control of TNA, and Dixie Carter is gone.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Meltzer's WrestleKingdom 11 ratings are out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...om_11_ratings/

Spoiler: show
    New Japan Rumble 1
    Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark 3
    Young Bucks (c) vs. RPG Vice 3.5
    Finlay/Ricochet/Kojima (c) vs. Bullet Club, CHAOS, LIJ 3, 1, 3.25 (he rated these in succession)
    Cody vs. Juice Robinson 2.75
    Kyle O'Reilly (c) vs. Adam Cole 3.5
    GOD (c) vs. Ishii/Yano vs. Great Bash Heel 3.5
    KUSHIDA (c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi 4.5
    Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Hirooki Goto 4.5
    Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 4.5
    Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Kenny Omega 6

"Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada may have put on the greatest match in pro wrestling history" - Dave Meltzer"

BG Level

I don't even have words for the main event of WK. The last 4 matches were such an incredible stretch of excellence. New Year's Dash just ended. That was a great show and I'm really excited for NJPW this year.

SZKG returns and have declared war on everyone, but first CHAOS
    Dragon Lee is going to be actually in NJPW? I don't know, but Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi last year at Fantastica Mania was fucking awesome, and he'll be facing off against Hiromu either there or at New Beginning. Other things that will be scattered around in one show or the other at New Beginning:

Juice Robinson/Goto Who saw that coming? I'm glad the guy is getting an actual push even if he's just going to lose to Goto.
    Ospreay/Shibata - Ospreay was totally targeting him because he has no regard for his own life. It could end up being a Rev Pro thing.
    Okada/Suzuki - Fuck yes.
    Yano/Ishii vs. KES - I assume so. At least can delay having GoD just getting a rematch even though they've been great lately.
    Naito/Elgin - No surprise, since Elgin basically challenged him post-show at WK
    Cole/Yoshi Hashi - Probably Honor Rising

Kenny can cool off for a few months and win the NJ Cup and win the title at Dominion.

One single segment helped fix a lot of the holes in the roster. Killer Elite Squad is ready to go immediately in the Heavyweight tag ranks. I assume that Taichi/Taka (or someone) could possibly be a team that could get thrown in the mix for junior tag titles, along with Bushi/Hiromu, and potentially Ricochet/Finlay. Kanemaru is someone that is credible as a challenger for the Junior Heavyweight title, and I assume that Ricochet will get involved in that at some point.

I've been wanting Ishii to get a big program since he's just been putting on incredible matches all the time but not much direction since he exited the NEVER picture last year. I could see him being a big force in CHAOS versus SKGN.

https://streamable.com/ha8ru

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just saw WK11 myself, yea... it's going to be really damn hard to top that main event in all of 2017. Good lord that match was unreal.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Just saw WK11 myself, yea... it's going to be really damn hard to top that main event in all of 2017. Good lord that match was unreal.
    My only fear is someone, in an attempt to top it, does something even more stupid than a dragon suplex from the top. Like a burning hammer from the top or through a table, or something that could kill someone.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Meltzter busting out SIX stars? *gasp*

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Meltzter busting out SIX stars? *gasp*
    He once gave a house show match between Flair and Steamboat the rating, but this is the first "official" 6 star match.

It's all the longest match in the history of the Jan 4 Tokyo Dome show, even before it was called Wrestle Kingdom.

It's crazy that Kenny went from being generally a comedy wrestler to a guy who's now likely going to be sitting on back to back moty (I'm assuming Meltzs and most other sources will give his Naito match the nod for 2016, and I'd say it's safe to assume 2017 moty is already locked up).

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

That one dude has the worst finisher I've ever see tho. Okada or whatever

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How the fuck can you dislike the Rainmaker?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Cool name shitty move

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bastion Booger's finisher is hands down the worst of all time, so at the very least you can move Rainmaker to #2 you fucking heathen.

Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

eww. the Teabagger

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lots of bad for ROH rumors coming out after WK too.
    Kyle O'Reilly is supposedly WWE bound now along with War Machine though they might sign a NJPW deal instead. Adam Cole is reportedly also going to WWE later in the year

Jeff Jarrett is at the Impact show tonight and is supposedly back in the mix there along with Dutch Mantel(Zeb Colter) for the creative end of things. And Mark Andrews left TNA and quickly found a way to get himself added to the WWE UK tournament.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    My only fear is someone, in an attempt to top it, does something even more stupid than a dragon suplex from the top. Like a burning hammer from the top or through a table, or something that could kill someone.
    O my jesus, it's almost true tho, the dragon suplex off the top rope was insane. 2017 hopefully has a lot to offer when it comes to matches, but it is wishful thinking at the moment.