Closed Thread
Page 14 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That was a super PPV with a great crowd. All that really matters is the Cena vs Lesnar debate. This wasn't SuperCena. SuperCena was destroyed in this match. Everytime Cena got his comeback, Lesnar mowed him down. I don't mind how the match played out, there was other ways to go with it but in the end, it didn't hurt Lesnar really.

Cena was destroyed, left and right, back and forth, up and down. Cena had to use a giant chain and steel steps to win. SuperCena wouldn't have needed all of that. There was no great comeback, no "oh here we go again". Lesnar made 2 mistakes in a row after getting cocky. He jumped over the top rope, wasn't watching Cena and was worried about gloating in the ring. Tried another high risk move, got hit in the head with a chain, got bloodied and dizzied and lost. Why is that a bad thing?

Cena vs Lesnar was Lesnar vs Mir 1 played out in a wrestling world.

Oh and Cena is legit strong as shit. His lift of Lesnar when he was in the Kimura lock was crazy.

Much as I'd hate to see Cena take a break in absence of alternative talent, it's probably better to let others build a bit. Still don't wanna see Brock around much, though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I feel like they're 0 for 2 booking Cena in his last big feuds. He should have gone over the Rock because God knows when he'll actually return and should have done the job for Lesnar who is going to be around regularly for a year. You can say that it wasn't a decisive victory for Cena, but it doesn't help his character much either. It's not going to help him get over with the people already against him and it just hurts Lesnar to lose in his first match back after being built up as a monster. It hurts his mystique to get beaten, even if he was hoist by his own petard.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Cena HAD to win that after the beating he took in the match. There's no way you bury your face of the company like that. They pinned themselves to the wall with doing the match like that.

At least they can still say Lesnar dominated and just got caught off guard because he got cocky.

But I agree. Ideally, Cena would've beat the Rock and lost to Lesnar here.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    You can say that it wasn't a decisive victory for Cena, but it doesn't help his character much either. It's not going to help him get over with the people already against him...
    I think the match did a lot for Cena as a character. He can't rely on being SuperCena every night. He had to revert back to using tactics that aren't in his character model today. Did you also not realize that the more match went on and the more Cena kept trying to comeback, the crowd got more and more behind him? By the end when he made the pinfall, even those who hate the typical Cena, cheered at what happened. If this is the type of Cena we get, someone who fights to no end and doesn't rely on just being Superman, then it's a huge improvement and he will win back fans.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wish he didn't have to win back fans. And by that I mean I wish he could just do a figurative, "Fuck you if you don't like me, I'm tired of your shit," kind of routine. Almost like Bret Hart being a good guy in Canada and a bad guy in the US.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

To be fair, though, Bret Hart was a legitimately arrogant douche. He had skills, but he had a sour attitude that was really only kept in check by the fact that he was a "hero" to the kids. I think many adults in the U.S., though, knew what kind of attitude he really had, and it was reflected in how they booed him in matches.

Cena is different; he's a legitimately likeable guy that gets dumped into some pretty shitty archetypes because the kids love him so he can never take a darker or more mature role. It looked like this whole Brock thing was pretty good for him being able to be a bit more shoot in not only his wrestling, but his backstage approach.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This freakin' RAW
    Daniel Bryan new No.1 contender for the WWE title, and will face CM Punk at Over the Limit in 3 weeks!

Bork Lazer broke HHH's arm, making me think they'll launch a feud soon(They never really feuded before)

John Cena will face.... John Laurinaitis!? Here's hoping he pulls some moves he used over in Japan on Cena, might even show some wrestling. Ofc, knowing WWE Cena will get beat the next 3 weeks then beat up Johnny with one arm.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I like the direction they went with Lesnar. Keeps him off TV for a while and when he comes back, he's got a hot feud with HHH. Probably at Summerslam.

Punk vs Bryan to headline a WWE PPV in 2012? It almost feels surreal. I love it.

We also get Johnny vs Cena. I like how this came out of seemingly no where, but seeds have been planted for a long time and I think HHH didn't help matters earlier in the show. I'm guessing Laurinaitis is going to create a hit squad whose sole purpose is to destroy those that get under his skin, could be fun.

I also hate the concept of Beat the Clock and wonder if they botched the Jericho vs Big Show finish.

A little fantasy booking/wishful thinking by me is that I hope Randy Orton goes heel after being denied this Title chance. Sheamus and Punk are Faces so Orton isn't going to be handed any feuds with them as one also. Orton has grown stale as a face and I think a change would be good for him. Could be a good Summer feud for Punk. Plus I'm guessing his little punishment is over since he won his feud with Kane.

I also hate the concept of Beat the Clock and wonder if they botched the Jericho vs Big Show finish.
    Was thinking similar. Ref's counting was definitely off, like 2-3s on the clock for each of his one. I suspect the intent was to get Jericho with the win and shave a second or two off Miz's time, but yeah... Not that it matters much since throwing Lawler at Bryan was pretty much phoning it in for DB to win it all.

Anyway, my only hope with the JL and Cena thing is it leads to JL getting out of this GM role ASAP. I can't really emphasize enough how much I dislike the announcers/GMs/backstage bodies being so prominent when the wrestlers themselves could be bringing the drama. And while I suspect HHH meeting Lesnar eventually, waiting until Summerslam just seems too far off if they don't want to portray Brock as a predictable joke for nearly 4 months.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haven't watched wrestling in a long time but reading you guy's posts is getting me hype to start watching again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It's like WWE Creative went on the internet and saw what people wanted. So pumped up for Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk!

People power!

...The clock was interesting but they kept screwing it up. Also, why does Swagger get a shot but not Ziggler? WTF was that about?

JTG is still employed?

Like Eve in her new position, I have the feeling David is going to come back and they'll have a little feud who kisses more ass.

Here's a picture of Kelly Kelly eatting fast food.
    Spoiler: show

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

4/17/12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Epico and Primo need to get got and R-Truth and Kofi are the ones to do it. Or, bring in more new talent for the tag division and heat things up again.
    Mmhmm. I'd love it if they made a 3rd belt for lil jimmy.

I enjoyed the show a lot. Only match I didn't care for was Brodus. It's time to give him a real opponent. Same with Tensai, unless they will make a fued w/Cena, which I would enjoy.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I said the same thing; Lil' Jimmy needs his own belt.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Was it just me or did it seem Cole really avoided the typical whiny heel schtick last night? Was probably one of the better raw's he's done recently. Still heelish enough but also not trying to pass off what Lesnar did as something great and honest.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Was it just me or did it seem Cole really avoided the typical whiny heel schtick last night? Was probably one of the better raw's he's done recently. Still heelish enough but also not trying to pass off what Lesnar did as something great and honest.
    Yeah it was surprising. When was the last time there was a real bad guy like Brock? I sort of stopped watching WWE around the time Brock got in. Last thing I remember was him rolling someone in a wheelchair down a flight of stairs and asking Vince if that was good enough for him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I think Cole would be an incredible manager on Bobby Heenan/Jimmy Hart levels. As a play by play guy though I can't stand him.
    I'm honestly surprised he hasn't become a manager of some kind as the WWE could *really* use some good managers nowadays. But much like tag teams and women wrestlers, Vince don't like managers and does what he can to keep them off the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I noticed that too actually, Cole was being...fairly reasonable last night. Not full on douche heel, but still just ass-ish enough to be the "bad" announcer. He's actually much more tolerable when he's toned down.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    Punk vs Bryan to headline a WWE PPV in 2012?
    http://www.soshichan.org/wae/src/133159862915.jpg

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Mjd View Post
    Here's a picture of Kelly Kelly eatting fast food.
    Spoiler: show
    Here's a picture of drunk Kelly Kelly pissing in a sink! (Apparently this happened the same month she was hired.)
    Register to see the NSFW content

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Cole has toned it down slowly lately. The PPV he didn't do a lot of his annoying crap and last night there was almost none of it outside of what slips out. I just hope it's Good Cole from now on. Not personality wise, just his announcing. Cole can be really good or really awful.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast