Relic Shield
    BG Level

Cena loses before HHH match
    HHH loses match
    Brock says "I'm done" and leaves
    HHH is in the middle of the ring defeated
    Starts to get up, crowd cheers him
    "YOU GOT NO CHANCE" hits the speakers
    Vinny Mac comes out (coming down ramp all swag like)
    Grabs a mic
    "You screwed up for the last time son, YOU'RE FIRED. Laurinaitis is the new COO"
    John Laurinaitis comes out with Eve
    "People power!" raises his first, Eve does the same
    Vince looks on at the crowd with a evil grin
    HHH looking mad as hell in the ring, still to weak to get up
    End of PPV

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I think I'm gonna hit the interwebz this weekend and find some wwe videos from the early 00s......

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Some of my favorite matches during that era were the TLC tag team title matches with E&C, Hardyz, & Dudleys. If you can find the PPV where Eddie beats Brock for the title, that was an awesome feel good moment. I still love Brock's promo on Eddie with the mariachi band. Probably his best promo ever. Also any Brock/Undertaker matches, especially HiaC as well as Foley/HHH HiaC

Here, shitty gif is shitty but yea http://ringpsychology.files.wordpres...ance.gif?w=450

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1257897_o.gif

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

For kicks I've tried watching Impact Wrestling a few times. I was very sad to see "Bully Ray" and Jeff Hardy looking more strung out than ever.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Hardy has gotten really fucked up. He was supposed to do a title match with sting a few months ago and he came out so fucked up they just had sting do a quick roll up for the win and that ended the ppv. You could hear the crowd yelling this is bullshit and sting mouthing out that it is bullshit and he's sorry.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm going to look for a Sting video. I don't know much about him. I've always wondered why he didn't go to the WWE.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

He was born again, so he didn't really want anything to do with the attitude era. He almost signed this past year but TNA got him to take a 1 year deal. I could see him signing and get inducted into the hall of fame and doing 1-2 more matches. He's slowed down over the years but he can still go with the right person.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I understand why they aren't allowed to do chairshots to the head anymore with all the concussion issues and all, but man, these were the days when you knew the shit was ON.

I always assumed those were prop chairs, so while they'd still get the metal clank, they'd be more prone to bend and certainly not do the damage you'd expect. Honestly, I'd peg more concussions on general fall whiplash since it's not uncommon to see unclean landings, especially when going from the ring to the floor.

Remember watching the Mankind vs Rock I Quit Match (chairshots in video package) from '99 Rumble live and it was hard to watch. Fake is fake etc, but Mick sold some of those shots like a real champ. At the end I was just happy to "hear" him quit...

Wouldn't be surprised if he wore that mask in part to help absorb some hits. But yeah, for some shots in that video, angle is important. What some think was a head shot was more the chair making initial impact on the back of shoulders. Even more recently, when Cena had his arm held out by Tensai for Johnny to whack him, you can tell the chair hit the steps instead of his arm. How coordinated the back is with their cameras to try and fool viewers like that, I dunno. I know it is funny when a move doesn't quite land right and the announcers miscall the damage. Like last Raw, Sheamus did his kick to Orton and they called it as Randy getting hit in the jaw, when not only was the kick shallowed by the distance Sheamus moved to land it, but it was more like in his chest.

...perhaps this is a problem in being an adult watching this stuff. x.x

In the end, I'm not really keen on the hardcore aspect of wrestling. Actual wrestling is pretty scarce these days, more about haymaker blows and top rope theatrics. I can understand why the technical game may not be perceived as interesting, but I'm also of the mind fans could come to appreciate it more if it was actually emphasized better. It's also probably a hell of a lot safer for talent in the long term, even if certain holds may really hurt in the moment.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if he wore that mask in part to help absorb some hits. But yeah, for some shots in that video, angle is important. What some think was a head shot was more the chair making initial impact on the back of shoulders. Even more recently, when Cena had his arm held out by Tensai for Johnny to whack him, you can tell the chair hit the steps instead of his arm. How coordinated the back is with their cameras to try and fool viewers like that, I dunno. I know it is funny when a move doesn't quite land right and the announcers miscall the damage. Like last Raw, Sheamus did his kick to Orton and they called it as Randy getting hit in the jaw, when not only was the kick shallowed by the distance Sheamus moved to land it, but it was more like in his chest.

...perhaps this is a problem in being an adult watching this stuff. x.x

In the end, I'm not really keen on the hardcore aspect of wrestling. Actual wrestling is pretty scarce these days, more about haymaker blows and top rope theatrics. I can understand why the technical game may not be perceived as interesting, but I'm also of the mind fans could come to appreciate it more if it was actually emphasized better. It's also probably a hell of a lot safer for talent in the long term, even if certain holds may really hurt in the moment.
    That's a lot of it, but you're also correct about angles and certain moves being "mis-sold". I'm always into reversals; I love watching big guys like Mark Henry reverse people's supers, and I enjoy watching some of the agile guys do all the crazy flips off the ropes and hand-stands to reverse people's moves.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That's one of the biggest reasons I love watching Punk and Bryan's wrestle, they're not about the big hits and instead they actually do a lot of technical moves and counters and counter-counters. I've always liked the more technical guys but sadly Vince doesn't and prefers to have those oversized giants who do two moves and spend the rest of the match punching each other.

Cena getting his Jim Carey on tonight...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Last two RAWs sucked. WAY too many flashbacks to shit that JUST HAPPENED. Needed more actual wrestling.
    And calling it now, Big Show helps Johnny beat Cena, to get his job back. Or Lesnar.

And that Rock vs Mankind match, I remember hearing he got a concussion? I think. I remember he hit him way more than he was supposed to. The chairs are lighter-built than your normal folding chair, but still pack impact and hurt like hell, I'd imagine. Just look at Taker's back from 'Mania.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Lesnar isn't gonna be touching Cena again. He is busy with HHH.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lesnar barge in on the Cena/JL match. Lord knows it needs SOMETHING to not to be totally lop-sided. With the stipulations that came up in mind, with Brock having "quit" he technically can't get fired. Though, I can also see Show coming in for the assist unless this is really meant for him to be his way to retirement.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Big Show left crying in the ring...King giving a really nice speech about Show...Cole in silence..."LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PLEASE WELCOME, THE ONLY LIVING BREATHING, ROMPING STOMPING FUNKASAURCERS IN CAPTIVITY, BRODUS CLAY”

Fucking AJ...I like my women that crazy.

Edit: Fucking Randy is the best wrestler at sliding out of a ring. All that oil.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Makwa View Post
    Last two RAWs sucked. WAY too many flashbacks to shit that JUST HAPPENED. Needed more actual wrestling.
    And calling it now, Big Show helps Johnny beat Cena, to get his job back. Or Lesnar.

And that Rock vs Mankind match, I remember hearing he got a concussion? I think. I remember he hit him way more than he was supposed to. The chairs are lighter-built than your normal folding chair, but still pack impact and hurt like hell, I'd imagine. Just look at Taker's back from 'Mania.
    Ironically Foley has been told by doctors to spend less time in front of a computer now due to his previous concussions.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Seconding the last few Raws being crappy. I was surprised to see HHH giving Cena such props. That womens match was terrible. Crowd was silent. Whenever I see a "diva match" I check other channels, bathroom, food, etc etc.

Brodus vs. Dolph/Swagger again? zzzzz

Another meaningless tag match (cm/santino vs cody/dbry). zzzz

I was hoping Show woulda given Johnny a wmd, but instead he cried. For shame.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast