Page 2 of 1426 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Theres also a rumor of Lesnar wanting a match with Undertaker or Stone Cold for 29 as well.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

I don't see Stone Cold coming back to wrestle anyone other than CM Punk from all the interviews I've read with him. I know Lesnar has some issue with him never wrestling him when they were both still active on the roster. I could see Lesnar v Undertaker, however. In regards to the streak, I honestly don't see it being broken, and don't think it should. Let him retire at 20-0 and be done with it. I love Taker and the guy can still go out there and blow people away, so I don't doubt he could do a few more, but he doesn't need to. Besides, he's never going to beat the over the top rope nose dive on to the camera man during his match with HBK.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

yea it may happen but more likely to happen with taker than SCSA with how Punk SCSA been going at it on twitter of late

stupid WWE doing everything with Twitter and marketing this WM as the social media event of the year

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I thought Austin cannot physically perform anymore because of his neck?

I thought I'd heard something similar, too.

But yeah, I see the Taker/HHH match looking like HHH is going to win, but then HBK stops his pin count because he's jealous HHH is about to do something he couldn't. Two bicker a bit, super kick, HBK probably pulls Taker over HHH, then quick count. Not the most glamorous win for Taker, but if he doesn't just disappear again, it could lead to a bit of a three-way rivalry for a bit since people who retire in WWE never retire.

Unsure what some of you guys hope Kharma would do to the diva division. Not being the most attractive broad aside, my biggest beef with the ladies division is they're more models than athletes (butchiness of Beth Phoenix and Kharma looking like a truck aside). While I don't expect them to move as fast or hit as hard as the males, too often it just seems like they run through the motions afraid to break a nail or pop a boob implant. I'd almost say they need some kind of Rey Mysterio equivalent to help spice up the ladies side, but you also need more than one solid player. Talk of Lesnar almost got me thinking that maybe they'd be better off trying to pull some MMA females into the mix. It'd certainly be easier on their bodies in the long term, but they'd also ideally be more willing to get physical.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I thought Austin cannot physically perform anymore because of his neck?
    Austin has stated in interviews he could probably do a year or two with no issues, but really doesn't want to. There's been hints of a one off with Punk which I think would be awesome. Kharma I'm hoping interferes in the diva's match and just destroys everone. She was in the Rumble after her child died, so I can see her coming back soon.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Punk vs Austin has the hype, and they've been teasing it back and forth over twitter. The fact that they're both two seperate styles and generations would be interesting as well.
    I read somewhere that Austin was one of Punk's favorites growing up, and they've met before, before WWE and during.
    Spoiler: show

Hell, Austin even took another shot at Punk in one of his youtube Q&As he just did lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: show
    Apparently websites are reporting WWE and Lesnar are already in negotiations to appear Sunday in what would likely set up a match for him with someone next year at 29. The one I read said the Rock but who knows if any of it is true.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I like how Austin, Punk, and Davey Boy Smith all look unhappy to be there.

Rock beating Cena would just be dumb business. Cena is the workhorse and I think he can absolutely perform when he's giving the time and the opponent. The Rock isn't CM Punk (or even Umaga) but it should be an exciting match. When my buddy had me over for Wrestlemania years ago I hadn't paid much attention to wrestling in some time and I got to see HHH vs. Cena. If I watched it again I doubt I'd be as into it as I was then, but I thought it was exciting in the moment. I'm hoping Rock vs. Cena delivers like that (even with the should-be predictable outcome).

I think Punk will retain, but I wouldn't be shocked if Jericho won. I don't think it would be the best business to take the belt off Punk though. He was great chasing Cena, but it was because he had that nasty, loose cannon, edge to him. It wouldn't be the same with Jericho. I also feel like this match has the potential for a dirty finish to keep the feud going no matter who wins. Personally I'm in favor of keeping the belt on Punk, finally changing it back to the classic title design, and having him really help to restore the meaning of holding a title. Also, I'd mark all over for Punk vs. Austin at Wrestlemania 29. I remember reading somewhere that he got out of the business early to avoid a lifetime of crippling pain (like Sandy Koufax) so I don't think it's out of the question to have one last match with Punk. Austin was never my favorite wrestler, but I feel like he's the all time greatest (at least that I've ever seen). He could produce a five star match with Punk and go out with a bang.

I feel like there's not much chance of Sheamus losing to Daniel Bryan and I agree that it's going to be a sleeper match so long as they don't cut it down for time. I love Daniel Bryan, especially as an arrogant heel, but I wish they'd focus a little less on him being a coward as a heel. I'd love them to build up his intensity, his ability to produce a submission out of nowhere, and make it clear that he'll take whatever shortcut necessary to retain.

I'm not as into HHH vs. the Undertaker. It makes zero sense to put HHH over in the match and I wasn't as high on last year's match as other people were.

As for the other matches? Meh. Orton vs. Kane has had zero build up and from what I've seen they've been trying. It just doesn't really work for me and I hope they don't waste a lot of time on it. The GM feud? I see Johnny Ace winning, but not cleanly. I'd love to see them actually focus on bringing in strong talent for the women's division, because it's out there. Nobody will ever take it seriously until they take it seriously.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Austin retired for the similar(if not the same) reasons Edge had to this last year. All the neck issues caused a thinning of the spinal cord to the point where a bad bump could paralyze them pretty much instantly. I'm sure Austin's been in all kinds of rehab for it if he's saying he could do one more match, and I'd love to see it. Austin is easily the best superstar since Hogan, I'd argue even better than Hogan, but that's a different conversation.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I just miss the days of Austin fake-befriending someone in the ring at the end of the night, throwing them a beer after helping them out, then as soon as they chug it with him, he stuns them, rolls around the ring flicking them off, kicks them out of HIS ring, and proceeds to drink beer in front of his fans.

Those were the fucking days of wrestling. That attitude era was so amazing. I'm so happy I was in high school for that shit; always gave us something great to talk about.

That honestly did nothing for me, but I'd also consider it a personality quirk. I don't drink and tend to distance myself from those who rely on it to entertain themselves. And while I do swear on occasion, rare do I go full on road rage finger flipping obscenity fest.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Maybe its because I -don't- drink that I loved it so much. Here was a guy that felt like he wasn't following some script; that really felt like he was doing whatever he wanted, as opposed to so many guys with "gimmicks" that were usually retarded. DX annoyed me because they seemed so forced and annoying, but Austin was gold. He'd stun anyone at any time for any reason, and I loved that. He was like the APA, but actually pushed and actually got screen time.

I guess to me he became a predictable gimmick in his own right. As you said, beer offered? Here comes the stunner. Sure, there might've been more random occasions like I think pulling a sewage truck into the arena and spraying someone, but I also wouldn't pin that all on Austin as a character.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Nobody else did what he did, and I think that was the point. DX was a clone (an improved version, but still a clone) of NWO, and prior to austin, we could see every gimmick coming a mile away. There were a more than a few times where I was stoked, wondering if Austin was going to actually form an alliance with someone. Sometimes he did, and sometimes he didn't, but he was exciting as hell to watch, and funny to boot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My all time favorite growing up (and still is) Bret Hart, but Austin could really do it all. He could cut a promo, he did ridiculous business, and he was as good a technician as he was a brawler. I think the big difference between Hogan and Austin is that you won't end up watching Austin's matches and wondering why he was so over. It's easy to look back on something like Andre vs. Hogan and wonder if you're missing something.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

What I think a lot of people really connected with about Austin was that you had a guy that didn't go out and play some character(well, obviously he did). He was basically a blue collar guy, and the angles with McMahon where he was able to get in his bosses face and kick his shit in, who doesn't want to do that? People ate it up and for good reason. Sure it was predictable, but whose gimmick wasn't?

I'm a huge fan of Bret Hart too, and it's really a shame what happened to him with the concussions/stroke, I'd wager he'd still have been out there, maybe not today, but at least a few years ago. As for Hogan, I agree. I never cared for him as a wrestler, but I understand and respect what he did for the business, you know, aside from driving WCW into the ground. The Monday Night Wars, Invasion angles, and Attitude era were what I grew up with in professional wrestling, and I loved every minute of it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've usually picked up WM and have a small party with friends who split the cost of the show and food for the night so this year it's definitely happening again. They've got four major main events, two of em have a good year build up and the other two feature a LOT of talented in ring guys so it's almost certain it'll be a great show. The Orton/Kane match is more or less a lame throw away feud (they really should've had Ryder/Kane, that feud wouldn't even need a forced build up) and the big GM Tag brawl is just some last minute "these guys aren't doing anything" match they threw together since Barret busted his arm and they want him to be the next MitB winner. But there's enough to work with in both situations to make em at least enjoyable.

The Woman's division isn't even a division anymore so that match is nothing more then bathroom break material. The biggest problem with that is that they actually have and had some very talented female wrestlers, but since Vince *hates* the women's division...and the tag team division on that note...he does pretty much anything he can to bury them. Which imo is a massive shame, because a good Woman's division and a strong Tag division could really do nothing but help the overall quality of all their TV, PPV and even house shows.

But I digress, WM should be a good one this year as you really don't know who will be winning what or how and that always makes these shows that much more exciting. Even if you normally don't watch wrestling or don't follow the stories, when WM comes around, they can draw you into the match and have you "oooh"ing and "Ahhh"ing every near-fall and big bump along with even the most hard core fans. With them giving (most of) their most talented stars a lot of limelight, we're sure to get some excellent future hall of fame matches.

Trigun

I pretty much agree with everyones predictions for a setup for SC vs Punk next year.

As for Brock or Batista, I could see them going after Sheamus maybe. It's a stretch though.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My favorite moment was when DX went to the arena where WCW was having an event and shot the promo there. That and the first time Chris Jericho appeared in the WWE. That shit was awesome.