BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I forget, is Austin not medically cleared to wrestle anymore? If so, why exactly?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

30 Rock is on Thursdays at 8, but you have to wait til 9:30 for Parks & Recreation.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I forget, is Austin not medically cleared to wrestle anymore? If so, why exactly?
    He had major knee surgery on July 2. That's also why he missed RAW 1000. He should be all healed up by now though.

I think he fucked up his neck in the past, too, but the knee was a common problem for him.

Getting the vibe they pulled the video game promo with him and Punk because they intend for Punk to lose at HitC. While I still don't think Ryback has the chops to be a good long-term champ, can't deny seeing the cameras literally shaking when he came out last night from the fans a good thing for the WWE.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

He isn't cleared to wrestle due to neck problems. I think it's similar to what Edge has. If he takes a bump the wrong way he could end up paralyzed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I think he fucked up his neck in the past, too, but the knee was a common problem for him.

Getting the vibe they pulled the video game promo with him and Punk because they intend for Punk to lose at HitC. While I still don't think Ryback has the chops to be a good long-term champ, can't deny seeing the cameras literally shaking when he came out last night from the fans a good thing for the WWE.
    Punk is going to keep the title until he loses the title to Rock at the Rumble, is that so hard for people to understand? There's a reason he attacked him at RAW 1000.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Punk is going to keep the title until he loses the title to Rock at the Rumble, is that so hard for people to understand? There's a reason he attacked him at RAW 1000.
    This is pretty much what I was going to say. The plan seems to be to have Rock beat Punk for the title at the Rumble then Cena will be Rock at Wrestlemania in the rematch.

I also think Brock may take on Taker at Mania if Brock decides to come back again. Plus Punk vs. Austin.

I know people love Ryback but that is the VERY reason his push is gonna fizzle because this is how Vince operates. Case in point, people love Zach Ryder but he gets squashed consistently.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So the idiot who actually started the whole CM punk incident took to twitter to gloat about his actions.

what an idiot...

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Austin's neck isn't as bad as edges was. Hes said he could do another year or two full time if he wanted so one more match won't kill him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    He isn't cleared to wrestle due to neck problems. I think it's similar to what Edge has. If he takes a bump the wrong way he could end up paralyzed.
    Pretty much this, he has major neck issues where he really can't take big bumps. Though there was a rumor a while back saying it would be possible for him to make a short come back in ring since people have been wanting this Punk/Austin thing since Punk first started making a name for himself back when he was fueding for the WHC on Smackdown.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

General WWE Discussion (Brock lesnar new generation he impress me always)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ZgtMDOnW6qg

Punk was dumb to go after wrong guy, but i hope they catch that coward. And how does getting a forearm in the face = "my leg hurts"

I thought so too initially, 'what a dumbass... swinging without knowing for sure who did what'. I bet he was more than a little worried once he realized he was up there alone and not a single member of WWE security was nearby, though. People pushing him, slapping him, adrenaline, blah blah. Sucks for Mr. Glasses Guy and ultimately Punk shouldn't have hit anyone, but I can see how he would so quickly be amped up into that kind of outcome. Sucks for everyone, but I am not surprised it happened. I actually think it easily could have gotten far far more out of hand than that. You know there is some piece of shit in every one of those sections in an Arena. "HEY THIS PUNK GUY IS A BITCH! CHECK THIS SHIT OUT I'MA GET FAMOUS!" Could have been far worse...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    This is pretty much what I was going to say. The plan seems to be to have Rock beat Punk for the title at the Rumble then Cena will be Rock at Wrestlemania in the rematch.

I also think Brock may take on Taker at Mania if Brock decides to come back again. Plus Punk vs. Austin.
    Punk and Austin won't happen this year. No way they'll do it with blockbuster matches like Taker/Lesnar and Rock/Cena on the card. Austin won't do a mania unless he's in the main event. I'll take a Punk/Bryan match though... Ironman or something crazy would them both justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    There was a point Cena made during his feud with Rock that still pretty much stands now. He left the WWE. He can come back and throw out all the catch phrases he wants, but he left. The biz is no longer his first love, some might say. Punk losing the belt to him would pretty much be a mockery of all the guys currently in it, hell not even in the WWE, if it did actually happen. Rock winning the belt would essentially take it out of play for 3 months. Suicide for the writers? Feels like that.

Nah, I'm leaning more toward Punk losing and it fueling some conspiracy theory rooted in his whole lack of respect and Vince was just out to screw him. If people REALLY want him staying heel, that'll be a better push than squeaking through HitC on some gimmick to curb Ryback's momentum or the blemish that Cena won't likely be 100%, love him or hate him. He's already got Heyman up his butt, so I'm sure they could scrounge up a bunch of other shady guys, Brock among them, for yet another anti-establishment kick. And be it Rock or Austin, any fight with them would most likely boil down redemption, belt or no.

The alternative is who knows how many more months of whining, acting like a coward, and whatever laundry list of not-champ-like qualities you wanna throw on the table. Past babble with Cena also laid the foundation of Punk needing to "find himself". And for all he wanted to be originally with the whole voice of the voiceless shit or wanting change, the current angle's pretty high on hypocrisy. That might work with a meathead wrestler, but Punk's already established himself as being perhaps too intelligent for this all to seem legit for a character.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

the official WWE reply to the Punk vs Crowd incident
    In the closing moments of the Oct. 8 edition of Raw – during a verbal exchange with Mr. McMahon – an incident occurred betwee­­­n WWE Champion CM Punk and fans in the crowd.

On Tuesday afternoon, WWE released the following official statement:

“During Monday night’s Raw televised event, WWE Superstar CM Punk exited the ring and into the stands as part of the show. Unfortunately, WWE security was not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk’s persona as a ‘bad guy,’ fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him, and one struck him in the kidney and on the back. WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment. Other than this isolated incident, WWE always provides proper security to ensure the safety of our fans and our performers.”

“I think the whole situation sucks,” Punk told WWE.com. “It’s an unfortunate and isolated incident. I was up in the stands, surrounded.”

“Somebody said, ‘let’s push him down the stairs,’” Punk explained. “I got hit in the ribs three times. I was getting shoved and I was getting punched…Then I started getting tagged in the back of the head. Unfortunately, I lashed out in the heat of the moment and I apologize. I’m really just glad nobody was hurt."
    I have always heard that, even though its in the crowd area, and not in the stage/ring area, that wrestlers are allowed to defend themselves if they feel threatened similar to if a fan jumps the barriers and rushes the ring.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

General WWE Discussion (Brock lesnar new generation he impress me always)

Didn't Scott Hall or Kevin Nash beat the crap out of some fan who charged into the ring went Hogan went heel for the first time?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I could see Punk v Triple H going on. The guy's manager has beef with him, so that could wind up being the rivalry full swing. If not, they could have Heyman turn on him and do a Brock v Punk feud.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Didn't Scott Hall or Kevin Nash beat the crap out of some fan who charged into the ring went Hogan went heel for the first time?
    not just those two.
    macho man,

eddie

even a ref

Psh, Macho Man... this is my favorite.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Yeah he did, and I think they're allowed to do that.