Closed Thread
Page 52 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

General WWE Discussion (Brock lesnar new generation he impress me always)

If a fan rushes the ring, you dont know of their intent and obviously you have to defend yourself. Same with any sport when fans jump on the field (or ice...lol).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    There was a point Cena made during his feud with Rock that still pretty much stands now. He left the WWE. He can come back and throw out all the catch phrases he wants, but he left. The biz is no longer his first love, some might say. Punk losing the belt to him would pretty much be a mockery of all the guys currently in it, hell not even in the WWE, if it did actually happen. Rock winning the belt would essentially take it out of play for 3 months. Suicide for the writers? Feels like that.

Nah, I'm leaning more toward Punk losing and it fueling some conspiracy theory rooted in his whole lack of respect and Vince was just out to screw him. If people REALLY want him staying heel, that'll be a better push than squeaking through HitC on some gimmick to curb Ryback's momentum or the blemish that Cena won't likely be 100%, love him or hate him. He's already got Heyman up his butt, so I'm sure they could scrounge up a bunch of other shady guys, Brock among them, for yet another anti-establishment kick. And be it Rock or Austin, any fight with them would most likely boil down redemption, belt or no.

The alternative is who knows how many more months of whining, acting like a coward, and whatever laundry list of not-champ-like qualities you wanna throw on the table. Past babble with Cena also laid the foundation of Punk needing to "find himself". And for all he wanted to be originally with the whole voice of the voiceless shit or wanting change, the current angle's pretty high on hypocrisy. That might work with a meathead wrestler, but Punk's already established himself as being perhaps too intelligent for this all to seem legit for a character.
    I'm not arguing with what you're saying, yet this is still the path they have apparently chosen. Punk will keep bitching and whining, something will probably go down with Lesnar sooner rather than later (there really has to be a reason they're keeping Heyman on TV other than helping facilitate Punk's heel turn, and they still have a lot of Lesnar's appearances left in his contract), and when Rock gets his title shot at the Rumble, he'll take it off him, probably feud with him and get involved in the Elimination Chamber, retain it, then have Once in a Lifetime 2 with Cena. At this point you know where they're going with this right? Cena beats him, gets redemption, blah blah blah, wins WWE title... and we can then all bitch at how Cena is champ again.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't see the Rock getting in the Elimination chamber...just saying. They will probably make the RR winner pick the world heavyweight title and make the Raw Chamber the #1 contendership match to face the Rock at Wrestlemania. If they go with him having the championship. The rock better be planning to appear weekly though if hes gonna have the title..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I don't see the Rock getting in the Elimination chamber...just saying. They will probably make the RR winner pick the world heavyweight title and make the Raw Chamber the #1 contendership match to face the Rock at Wrestlemania. If they go with him having the championship. The rock better be planning to appear weekly though if hes gonna have the title..
    I can see something like that happening, but I don't think that Rock will have too much trouble participating in the PG dumbed-down Elimination Chamber. Cus let's be honest, it hasn't been ANYTHING like the first few chamber matches (especially the first one with HBK's title win). Regardless, if Rock does end up taking the title from Punk, he will probably appear on a weekly basis until he drops it to Cena at Mania.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    not just those two.
    macho man,
    eddie

even a ref

Iirc something like this actually happened recently on Raw when two people tried to rush the ring and the freaking ring announcer took one of em down.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The best part about Punk when he's on point is that he often gets a lot of heat by telling the truth. It would be really easy for him to feud with the Rock.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Regarding the Wrestler vs Fan fights, here's one I found out about recently:

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Was reading about a possible scenario for The Undertaker next year. Have him win the Rumble and go after Punk. Punk then wins the match at Mania and finally earns his respect. They think having Taker win the Rumble could push for a higher buyrate into Mania because he'll be going after a title.

I'm personally all for Austin vs Punk waiting til Wrestlemania 30. Austin has always had this thing about him never playing 2nd to The Rock. If The Rock is going to wrestle at Mania 29, I'd wager there's a slim chance Austin would wrestle as well. Though if they offer him The Main Event spot he could probably be persuaded. Though I doubt he'd go for it if they even thought about billing anything else as a Co-Main Event.

I don't feel like Punk would qualify for Taker's "lose to a young wrestler" stipulation that seems to be hanging with the streak. There's not really any in the WWE at the moment I think would qualify there.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I don't feel like Punk would qualify for Taker's "lose to a young wrestler" stipulation that seems to be hanging with the streak. There's not really any in the WWE at the moment I think would qualify there.
    That would be massively disappointing if Punk was the one to end the streak. I'm not a Taker fanboy either. Punk doesn't come close to qualifying.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Need to have one final hell in the cell, bring Foley back from the grave and have Taker/Mankind go at it again.

I'll pass. People wanna bitch that Cena can't wrestle, but I can't remember a lick of Foley's technical ability. I doubt age has been any kinder to him there.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

It's funny cuz the best memories I have of Foley was his ability to take an ass beating. Besides that mandible claw shit, can't remember anything else he did lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Foley's strongest suits were his ability to take a lickin and keep on tickin, and his abilities to tell a story on the mic and in the ring. While he's still great on the mic, he's well past his prime when it comes to taking bumps. Even Taker is at a point where he really shouldn't be getting as pummelled as he does but since it's only once a year it's less risky.

But yea, I can't see him losing to anyone on the roster at this point, and I kind of don't want him to tbh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I really don't want Taker to lose at mania, period... it's just going to be dumb and regardless of who he loses it to and how he loses it, people will bitch.
    And Punk taking the streak away from him? Really? After HBK and HHH each failed twice? (Hunter actually faced him 3 times... WWE likes to ignore the fact that Taker had a biker gimmick apparently..)

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I agree with Ziero and Exoon the Taker bit. If anyone is going to do that (And I wouldn't even want that as Exo pointed out), that has to be Kane.

Actually, I wouldn't want Kane to do it, either. But I've also joked that I'd like to see Kane take on an apprentice at some point, or even Taker himself.

Really, I'm also okay with the streak just standing. Fake wrestling or not, he earned it for putting a large chunk of his life into the biz.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Jbl on commentary is so awesome. Even better when it's him, cole and JR. Gonna watch CM Punk's new video later. While I don't like him as a wrestler, his character is interesting and the video is probably worth the watch.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

When did this Layla bitch get a British accent?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    When did this Layla bitch get a British accent?
    Not sure and I hadn't noticed before either, but she was born in London.