Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Azure Sky FFXI Private Server

Server is under new management.

sinisterskies.freeforums.org/index.php

And how is the actual scripting of things like quests/missions or even monster AI compared to live? If it's just generic "kill shit for loot" I'm not really sure what the draw is since it'll probably be a pain in the ass to do things that require groups later on.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Freals. If I can do all the missions solo I'd play it just to experience the story again. God I wish they make XI into a solo offline game.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Huh? You can solo pretty much every single FFXI mission lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Word? I haven't followed the changes made to XI since I stopped playing. You mean to say I can finish every single vanilla missions solo? CoP? ToAU? WoG?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Level caps were removed from 2-3 and promies etc...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Word? I haven't followed the changes made to XI since I stopped playing. You mean to say I can finish every single vanilla missions solo? CoP? ToAU? WoG?
    I restarted from scratch last summer and redid most of the story missions solo in the span of 2-3 weeks (after capping). I had to bug a couple friends for one or two missions, but the level cap was 90 (it's 99 now which should make a difference).

The experience felt like a single player FF game and I'd definitely recommend doing it if you're willing to spend a few days catching up in levels.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah, it will depend on your job mostly. I know for a fact BLU can solo every single mission, but some jobs might have more difficulty.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's important is the details, is the level cap also 99? And the AI scripting, how is it? Are they retarded like they don't do anything but attack like the vanilla WoW private servers? Or do they actually do what they're meant to do?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What jobs can solo to 99 in retail? I know BST can to 75 before they raised the cap beyond that, but what about now?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

What jobs can solo to 99 in retail? I know BST can to 75 before they raised the cap beyond that, but what about now?
    If you mean missions, pretty much all of the jobs to a certain degree. Some fights might require higher levels of utility such as the final WOTG ones where you fight multiple mobs at once or ones that do doom/strong attacks etc. That could become overwhelming for a WAR/DNC or what have you that only has curing waltz III. Safe list would be: DNC BLU RDM PLD BST DRG NIN WHM SMN PUP. Rest I'm not really sure about for every single mission but they would do just fine for good bulk of them. Mobs pretty much die extremely fast at 99 being 75 capped content. So there isn't much issue outside of healing or various debuffs.

Well, my concern was more later things. While true stuff like Assaults will probably be unplayable without the needed scripting, more recent stuff isn't exactly solo friendly in all instances, and seeing everyone run around NIN/DNC or whatever, when they may not like the job(s), doesn't really help.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    And how is the actual scripting of things like quests/missions or even monster AI compared to live? If it's just generic "kill shit for loot" I'm not really sure what the draw is since it'll probably be a pain in the ass to do things that require groups later on.
    At this point players haven't had any real desire to do quests or missions. If the community started leaning in that direction they are not hard to script. Though most prefer to level up and get some of the best gear in the game that they couldn't get in retail or to come back for the nostalgia. Some people come here to test out builds before working for them in retail. The server is not hard to solo and you can go 1-75 w/o a party. The custom weaponskill rank quest and sky events are the only ones that require a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    What's important is the details, is the level cap also 99? And the AI scripting, how is it? Are they retarded like they don't do anything but attack like the vanilla WoW private servers? Or do they actually do what they're meant to do?
    The level cap is 75 and there is no support for content beyond that. The AI is fair and I'm still working on it. All mobs have their TP moves, ones that don't have a default called #0. All mage mobs have a small arsenal of spells that they do cast on players. More of these will be added as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Well, my concern was more later things. While true stuff like Assaults will probably be unplayable without the needed scripting, more recent stuff isn't exactly solo friendly in all instances, and seeing everyone run around NIN/DNC or whatever, when they may not like the job(s), doesn't really help.
    Currently the only endgame events are sky and a single dynamis that is in an early test phase. The only jobs I have not seen is cor and pup which are disabled. Other than those two I've seen people leveling all types of jobs and pretty much any job properly geared and prepared can solo.

The server isn't retail, and I'm not going to make it retail. It should be more fun/relaxing and just a place to hang out. It's easy to get gil to buy items and 90% of all items including rare/ex can be purchased. Obviously the server still needs work and things added but that gets done over time when I have the time. My only suggestion is that people sign up, get a game account and get online. Try it for a couple days, if you don't like it then don't play.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was scripting a server for my own personal use a while ago using Dark Star's project source.

It worked, but none of the mobs had any kind of AI.

Good luck to you if you have that working even remotely sane. Would love to see you release it to interested server admins one day.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I played on this for about an hour last night. It's really fun. Some mobs are stupid easy, some are brutally hard. It adds a new dynamic to the game. It was also fun when someone commented on how great the enhanced speed was, and then worndown cranked up the speed to event speed. It was like having flee all the time. So good.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not that it adds anything to the discussion but... that person was me, lol.
    And yeah, if you go in expecting things to work a certain way you may be in for a rude awakening (hopefully one doesn't have to die as many times as I did). This server is definitely not retail but it is fun in its own way.

Updating XI now and just waiting for an account to be PMed back there. Wondering if Windower can be used with this (not the SE one).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i would predict windower yes, some plugins no

Hmm, having some difficulty getting XI itself to even boot. Copied the patch stuff over and tried the 3 listed boot programs. With ASC I seem to get my login info in okay, but then it just closes. Pulled the server IP for FFXI-boot, same. mXI seems to want to require me to have an account elsewhere, so no luck there.

Edit: Think I got it going. Had to do the POL steps twice for some reason.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Mannoroth

How would I go about downloading FFXI itself? I have the patches downloaded for the server, and the patches from Kohan's torrent. I haven't played since about '07, so discs aren't available, nor is an active account to log-in and download.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast