Closed Thread
Page 1 of 335 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ridiculous Police News (Specific events)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-c...4#.T42Vf6trOxx

A Texas man claims that his beloved dog Cisco was shot point blank by a police officer who responded to a call at the wrong address.

Michael Paxton, 40, said he and his Australian cattle dog Cisco were relaxing and playing Frisbee in his Austin backyard on Saturday afternoon when he decided to go get something from his truck in the driveway.

As he approached his truck, he said he saw something from the corner of his eye and looked up to see a police officer who immediately drew his weapon and told Paxton to put his hands up.

"He had a Taser. He had pepper spray. I don't understand why, in broad daylight, he pulled a gun on me. I wasn't running. I wasn't hiding," Paxton told ABCNews.com today. "I was just saying, 'I live here.' I was panicking. I was afraid for my life."

Paxton said he heard Cisco, who weighed about 50 pounds, barking and coming towards him from the backyard.

"I said, 'Don't shoot him. Don't shoot my dog. He won't bite you.' But he shot him, just like that. It all happened in under 30 seconds," Paxton said. "There was no attack on the officer other than barking and challenging him."

Austin Police Cpl. Anthony Hipolito told ABCNews. com that the officer did respond to the wrong address, but it was the address provided by the 911 call. The call came from the house next to Paxton's.

Hipolito said that dashcam footage shows the dog barking and attacking the officer.

"The officer was basically in retreat and asked the owner to grab the dog," Hipolito said. "He was unable to and the dog continued to attack and that's when the officer discharged his firearm."

An apology was issued at the scene, according to Hipolito, but Paxton said no one apologized to him.

"Officers have to do everything they can to protect themselves, up to and including the use of deadly force," Hipolito said. "It's something that we don't ever want to do. To shoot and kill an animal is very unfortunate and tragic. The officer is distraught and did not want to do it, but at the same time, he had to protect himself."

As a shocked and horrified Paxton stared down at his dog's lifeless body, he said he was confused when the officer started asking him if he had a girlfriend.

"I was saying, 'You just killed my dog. I can't believe you just killed my dog. What is going on?'" Paxton recalled.

Paxton said the officer said he was responding to a domestic issue report of a man choking a woman. Paxton does not have a girlfriend and believes the report came from his neighbor's house.

Paxton said the officer did not apologize and when his sergeant arrived, he was unsympathetic and told Paxton the officer was within his right to shoot the dog. He said he has not heard from the police since the incident.

"I was in shock for probably almost 24 hours," Paxton said, choking up. "I wasn't crying at that point, but when I picked my dog up out of the driveway, I lost it."

Paxton's friends started a Facebook page called "Justice for Cisco" that has nearly 14,000 supporters. Hundreds of people have left messages of support, outrage and anger.

"How heartbreaking and so uncalled for. Tears just fall for the fallen. So very sorry for your lost over a mistaken address," one supporter wrote.

Another wrote: "How dare any officer make a mistake & not apologize? If that were a citizen they would be made to apologize immediately. A life was taken & even though some might look at it only being a dog; it was somebody's pet that they loved dearly."

"The only thing that has brought me comfort is the response and outpouring of emotion for him," Paxton said. "I'm sure he heard the yelling. He's a dog. This is his territory. He's going to be territorial to some extent. To me, it's pretty typical dog behavior. He's not a viscious dog. He was a good boy. He was a real good boy."

"Show your hands" *barking*
    2 seconds later *bang*

General police fuck-uppery thread.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I like how you conveniently left out the "Get your dog!" part. If a dog is charging at me, I'm popping it too.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'll be dying my hair platinum and wearing my dog collar in remembrance of Cisco.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

pourin a 40 out for my nigga cisco

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm filing this one under unfortunate but genuine fuckup. If the officer didn't shoot and ended up getting bit, the dog was going to be put down anyway.

Also, Jmc is going to loooooooove this thread. >_>

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    . If the officer didn't shoot and ended up getting bit, the dog was going to be put down anyway.
    Well then may as well shoot it right away, since it it might end up getting killed anyway.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Is paxton black because his story doesn't hold up, pretty sure his frisbee would already be on the roof prior to this engagement.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Is paxton black because his story doesn't hold up, pretty sure his frisbee would already be on the roof prior to this engagement.
    I'm guessing white, but this is Austin, and everyone carries a Frisbee there.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

bah and my racist joke would have worked if it weren't for that meddling austin

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Shouldn't have been Australian in a frisbee zone.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I thought Texas was nothing but dirt, cattle and mountains. Why is there concrete in that video?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I thought Texas was nothing but dirt, cattle and mountains. Why is there concrete in that video?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I knew it!

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    I like how you conveniently left out the "Get your dog!" part. If a dog is charging at me, I'm popping it too.
    I didn't know police can just go up to the door of a home, demand hands up and pop the dog before giving anyone a chance to react.

Pick one do you want him to put his hands up or restrain his dog?

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Restrain him with your feet obviously.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    I didn't know police can just go up to the door of a home, demand hands up and pop the dog before giving anyone a chance to react.

Did you read your own article? Seems like you jump at the sight of anti-authority news and post without reading. You missed some facts in the Marine thread doing that too. The article says the guy and the dog were in the backyard and the man walked to his truck. The dog was running from the backyard. And do you really think there is time to "give" someone a chance to react? First of all it's a charging DOG. I don't think it understands English too well, especially from someone other than its master. But I suppose you wanted the officer to take Cisco out on a play date with his K9 before responding to any more calls on that street huh?

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Well then may as well shoot it right away, since it it might end up getting killed anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valisk
    The dog was running from the backyard. And do you really think there is time to "give" someone a chance to react? First of all it's a charging DOG. I don't think it understands English too well, especially from someone other than its master. But I suppose you wanted the officer to take Cisco out on a play date with his K9 before responding to any more calls on that street huh?
    What he said. I love my dog and I love dogs in general but it was a knee-jerk reaction by the cop when he saw the dog coming. No, I don't know why the hell he had his gun out when he had non-lethal forms of defense on him but, as much as I'm not a fan of them, cops are still human. He was on the scene of a supposed domestic case at the address he was fed from dispatch. The problems arise when neither he, nor his sergeant would even apologize to the guy who lost his dog in my opinion. It gets worse when the department starts making excuses on top of it.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I'm with the owner on this one.

I don't think the dog was attacking. No snarling at all, which tells me it was just excited to see a new person. Hardly the guy's (or the dog's) fault that the cop is jumpy. Since, yknow, wrong house.

It's not like the dog was a rottie or a pit either...

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Did you read your own article? Seems like you jump at the sight of anti-authority news and post without reading. You missed some facts in the Marine thread doing that too. The article says the guy and the dog were in the backyard and the man walked to his truck. The dog was running from the backyard. And do you really think there is time to "give" someone a chance to react? First of all it's a charging DOG. I don't think it understands English too well, especially from someone other than its master. But I suppose you wanted the officer to take Cisco out on a play date with his K9 before responding to any more calls on that street huh?
    No, I posted the article and watched like 45 seconds of the video, then had to go to class. I missed the single fact about the voice-com in the Marine Thread, it was a minor detail. I didn't say for them to command the dog, they didn't leave time for ANYONE to react to their commands, meaning the owner. On the video, they said "show me your hands, show me your hands," then something that sounds like "oh shit the dog" then you hear a bang. Should the guy have closed the gate to his backyard? Yeah, probably, even if he's a friendly dog.

The reason I've posted these things is because the mistakes of the police are resulting in the death of things. Do you pull a gun on a guy during a domestic abuse call? Why are cops so hasty to pull guns?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 335 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast