BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Dragon's Crown (PS3/Vita) | Pro (PS4)

Didn't see a thread for this, so sorry if there's one already.

Atlus is now taking over for this and is now due to release in 2013.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...r-ps-vita-ps3/

You know how you’re really excited for something and then something happens and you get even more excited? Like that time you found out they were making a movie for The Hobbit and you were excited…but kinda bummed that Peter Jackson wouldn’t be directing it. But guess what happened: Peter Jackson announced that he *would* in fact direct it, and you got a heck of a lot more excited. Right?

Remember Dragon’s Crown, the next project from Vanillaware announced at last E3, a multiplayer action RPG with beautiful hand-drawn visuals slated to come to PS3 and PS Vita?

BREAKING NEWS: Atlus is taking over publishing duties in Japan and North America! What’s more, key (and very talented) members of the Atlus internal development team will be involved with the project as producer(s). You know, some of the people who’ve worked on games in the critically acclaimed Persona series. Yeah, we know: we’re stoked, too!

What does this mean for the game? For one, it means that it’s going to be better than ever. It will, however, come a bit later than originally expected, as it’s now slated for release in 2013.

When we took over the reins, we realized that a lot of the information made available to the public was ambitious and unfounded conjecture. The release timing, the pricing, and many of the features detailed for fans and members of the press were simply unknowable at the time they were disseminated (and frankly we were quite shocked to find out that many of the details were made public unbeknownst to even the developers).

It’s still way too early in development to be talking about specifics, but we can say that the game simply cannot retail for $29.99. We don’t know where that price point came from, but it is a logistical impossibility. We’re all gamers and we all wished it could be so, but it would have essentially destroyed any chance for profitability.

There’ll be plenty more news on the game in the coming months, and many questions that you’ll want answered. We promise that we’ll do our very best to answer them!

SUMMARY: Dragon’s Crown is still coming to PS3 and PS Vita, Atlus is bringing it (and helping to produce it), and it’ll hit North America in 2013.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

finally get to use this

Fuck yeah titties! Good ol' Vanillaware, you never disappoint.

It's strange how a game that basically seems like a modern day Golden Axe needs so much time to produce.

Anyway, titties...

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Damn, I'm not usually bother by stuff like this, but the character design is just... too much for me. It immediately made me think of this tumblr. Still looks like fun though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dragon Crown (by makers of odin sphere)

Didn't see a thread yet.

Can preorder already, so..... sigh, more money gone.

http://www.atlus.com/dragonscrown/

2d action rpg, like odin sphere and Muramasa. Not a ton of info yet, but 1-4 players and on both ps3 and vita.

also, it's dragon's crown, not dragon, so I fucked up the op, heh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Man i get a King of Dragons vibe from that. (snes game).

That link took up more time than I expected it to. Reminds me of those god awful Captain America drawings.

Still, tits.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Necrobump since the official site got updated with a new trailer.

I noticed they censored all the boobage from the NA site but not the JP site.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah, people brought that up a while ago, they did it a couple months back. If I remember correctly, Atlus said it was something about not wanting to use the more boobtacular art in promotional materials, but that it'd all remain true to form in the actual game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Thought this was like, Dragon's Dogma 2

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    Yeah, people brought that up a while ago, they did it a couple months back. If I remember correctly, Atlus said it was something about not wanting to use the more boobtacular art in promotional materials, but that it'd all remain true to form in the actual game.
    Feminism, lel
    It honestly just looks stupid that the amazon and sorc are the only ones that don't get character art on the site when you go to the "Characters" section.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Feminism, lel
    It honestly just looks stupid that the amazon and sorc are the only ones that don't get character art on the site when you go to the "Characters" section.
    Yeah. They could've just cut it off at the bust or some shit, but instead it just sits there leaving everyone wondering if there's something wrong with the site and if those two images just happen to not be loading.

I totally forgot about the tits in this topic until the bump. I thank you for reminding me about tits though, and laugh that western society is so against tits. Life would be better if people just admitted they liked tits.

And I'm speaking universally.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

According to Amazon the release date is now August 6, 2013.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Atlus has updated the official Dragon’s Crown website today with a teaser date for our next update.

We’ll get new info on the VanillaWare-developed PlayStation 3 and PS Vita action RPG next Thursday, March 21. Or likely sooner, if the update is in Famitsu.
    http://dragons-crown.com/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

2013.7.25 at least for the JP release.

P.S.: Tits.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Coming to NA this Summer
    Dragon's Crown, the long-awaited 2-D hack and slash, beat 'em up action game from Vanillaware and ATLUS will have players bludgeoning, cleaving, shooting and looting their way through intricate side-scrolling dungeons this summer. Dragon's Crown will be available for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems, and feature up to four-person cooperative play for adventurers to band together and conquer monsters, titans, and dragons in search of the ultimate treasure. Available this summer from major retailers and PlayStation Network, more details will be available on the game's official site.

Vanillaware, the company behind Odin Sphere and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, employs a 2-D visual flair and character design in Dragon's Crown that has become the studio's signature style. In Dragon's Crown, six powerful adventurers and their unique abilities are available for players to explore the fantastical world of Hydeland with.

Playable classes

• The Fighter, who uses his armor and quick-hitting attacks to tank and destroy enemies

• The Dwarf, who specializes in getting up close and personal with grapple attacks

• The Amazon, who moves quickly and wields a giant axe to unleash massive damage

• The Wizard, who blasts fire at single targets or in pillars to incinerate foes

• The Elf, who uses her bow and agility to launch devastating volleys and escape danger

• The Sorceress, who uses ice magic and summoned skeletons to control the battlefield

"Dragon's Crown is one of the most perfect games I've ever played," said Naoto Hiraoka, president and chief executive officer, Index Digital Media, Inc. "The amazing game design and artwork are among the best in any console generation, and the cooperative gameplay is highly addictive."

Groups of adventurers will be challenged in the labyrinthine dungeons surrounding the medieval fantasy kingdom of Hydeland. As they explore deeper into the dungeons, non-player characters such as Samuel the Adventurer's Guild leader and Lucain, the wizard come in to play with quests and tasks, which slowly unravel the story behind the ultimate treasure, the Dragon's Crown.

Gameplay features

• Safety in numbers - It's not safe in the world of Hydeland, so it's best not to go it alone. Up to four players or AI compatriots can delve into dungeons simultaneously by using either the drop-in multiplayer on PlayStation 3 or via adhoc network on PlayStation Vita. Cross-platform play is not supported.

• If it's not nailed down... - Expert thief NPC Rannie will join players on their adventures to pick locks, open treasure chests, reveal hidden passageways, and collect loot.

• The skills to succeed - Massive skill tree options in Dragon's Crown allows for plenty of custom-tailoring, whether it's beefing up health or magic abilities or tweaking the abilities of the individual characters.

Dragon's Crown will be exclusive to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems for $49.99 and $39.99 respectively and is available for pre-orders now from major retailers.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

August?

Was hoping it would be out sooner, oh well. I'll just replay Muramasa and Odin Sphere until then.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

No crossplay and adhoc only on the Vita? Looks like this is a PS3 title for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast