1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Letter from the Producer, XXVII (04/20/2012)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...II-(04-20-2012)

Hello again, all you FFXIVers out there! Yoshi-P here, back today with my twenty-seventh missive.

To begin with, I’d like to apologize for the server issues that have occurred following the World Merge. The increase in server load caused server memory to deteriorate, which in turn brought down the data cache server. This led to a host of problems, one of them being the rollback of certain data. I’d like to stress how sorry I am for the inconvenience this has caused our players. We understand that higher levels of service are expected of us, and will continue in our efforts to beef up and stabilize our servers. Please bear with us in the meantime.

Next, I’d like to thank all of you who participated in the third FINAL FANTASY XIV Players’ Poll. We received an overwhelming number of responses, which we’re poring through even as work continues on the game. I’m planning to compile your feedback for analysis in the next letter.

Now then, I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce two major campaigns.

The first, called the Legacy Campaign, is our way of showing gratitude to those valiant adventurers who are standing their ground in the face of the Seventh Umbral Era.

The campaign recognizes those players who subscribe to FFXIV for 90 or more cumulative days during the period between January 6, 2012, and the commencement of version 2.0 beta testing. I believe many of you out there have already fulfilled this requirement. Those who qualify for the campaign and become Legacy members will:

Be able to play FFXIV from version 2.0 at the discounted Legacy price, forever.
    Receive an exclusive chocobo mount upon the launch of version 2.0.
    Earn a place in the credits for version 2.0.

This information is also available on the Lodestone, but the fee structure will undergo a revamp when official service begins for version 2.0. I’ve personally reviewed and approved the changes, which are driven by our desire to provide you with a global standard of service. Payments will be made easier to understand, and more payment options will be introduced, such as prepaid time cards.

Under the new fee structure, the basic service fee and the character fee will be consolidated. In the case of a 30-day billing cycle, players will be able to choose from the two payment options below,
    Entry Plan – $12.99 USD/£7.69/10.99 €: One character per World
    Standard Plan – $14.99 USD/£8.99/12.99 €: Eight characters per World
    Players who qualify for the Legacy Campaign will be able to subscribe to the standard plan for the discounted price of $9.99 per month—the same as the current fee—for the entire duration of FFXIV’s service. (Please note that the actual price may vary due to fluctuations in the exchange rate.)

With regards to the chocobo mount gift, players will be pleased to know that it’ll be an original design penned by none other than our very own art director, Akihiko Yoshida. And as the frosting on the cake of our appreciation, players will also be given the chance to have their names appear in the credits for version 2.0. Details such as how to register for this will be announced separately.

To recap, the Legacy Campaign is our little way of saying thanks to those adventurers who have stuck by us even after billing commenced—for standing fast through rain, hail, shine, and the Seventh Umbral Era. Be sure not to miss out on this limited-time opportunity!
    http://sqex.to/qtq

Moving on, to commemorate the release of patch 1.22 as well as the announcement of the Legacy Campaign, we’re pleased to bring you the Welcome Back Campaign!

Upon the release of patch 1.22, an invitation will be extended to holders of inactive accounts to return to Eorzea for ten days, completely free of charge. A great many things have changed since the game first launched, in no small part due to player feedback. By hosting this campaign, we hope that those currently taking a break from Eorzea will be enticed into coming back to see the improvements with their own eyes, as well as experience the never-to-be-repeated drama of the Seventh Umbral Era.

By all means, please spread the word to all your friends and encourage them to give FFXIV another look!
    http://sqex.to/-EC

Derp, this has turned into quite a lengthy plug for the campaigns. I thought that one of my letters would be a better medium than the Lodestone for explaining the concept behind them. To put it in a single word, it all boils down to gratitude—a little token of our appreciation for all our fans out there. We hope we can continue relying on your support!

So! Spring is finally in full swing here in Tokyo, and the cherry trees are done shedding their blossoms. Work on patch 1.22 enters the final stage, and we’re on track for an April 26 (JST) release.

In order to deliver the patch to you in time for Golden Week, I’m afraid we’ve had to postpone a number of things. These include job-exclusive weapons, chat log reforms, and other content I touched on last time. With regards to hamlet defense, only Hyrstmill will be ready for 1.22; the remaining two hamlets will go live in 1.22a, which is scheduled for May 10. We also have plans for a patch 1.22b, which is expected to follow shortly thereafter. You can rest assured that we will maintain our pace even after 1.22 is released!

Patch 1.22 will see the Empire unleash a new weapon to wreak havoc upon Eorzea, which continues its plunge into chaos. How will the Grand Companies deal with the mounting threat? And as if the advancing imperials alone weren’t bad enough, Garuda, the primal of wind, will also storm into the fray. (The Community Team is hosting a Garuda-inspired event on the official Forums right now!)

Oh, and we mustn’t forget about the lesser moon Dalamud, which seems to grow larger and angrier with each blink of the eyes. And speaking of eyes, you might want to keep one out for the logo we’ve put together for the Legacy Campaign.

Much about the Seventh Umbral Era will become clear when patch 1.22 comes around. I hope you’re all looking forward to it!

One more thing! I’ve made a post on the official Forums regarding version 2.0. Be sure to take a gander at that as well.

And I think that’ll do it for today. See you next time and/or on the forums!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Beside other fun stuff, a miracle happened: no 1:1 conversion from dollars to euro.
    Also, standard plan is 8 character slots, pretty sick.

You can also see in-game garuda here:
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com.../campaign.html

Old Merits
    BG Level

One thing we can gather from this is that retainers are no more in 2.0.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Patch next week.

And yay to legacy for us loyal fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Earn a place in the credits for version 2.0.
    lol >.>

Happy to see the release date for the patch is so soon (though I'm a little sad they had to cut stuff out - but I can live with that). They should really keep spreading content out over a patch to avoid people getting bored 1 week later and give us something else to look forward to that is just a week or two away.

Of course, this is mostly wishful thinking.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

o.o Multiple characters per account for $10 sounds pretty darn spiffy. And I'm eager to see what Hamlet defense is all about.

Can't wait for the 26th!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Wait so... since they char + service fee are consolidated and there's a legacy price... that means you can have all 8 characters slots filled and still just pay $10 O_o?

Also, wow delaying AF weapons again... I hope that means obtaining them is enthralling.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Very nice, I guess I'm keeping my acct active lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Wait so... since they char + service fee are consolidated and there's a legacy price... that means you can have all 8 characters slots filled and still just pay $10 O_o?

Also, wow delaying AF weapons again... I hope that means obtaining them is enthralling.
    Don't know why he bothered to put the AF weapons getting delayed to 1.21a, that was exactly what he said would happen in his last letter XD. Disappointed in only 1 hamlet defense to start (even more disappointed that its not all 8 Hamlets!) but hopefully the first hamlet is fun enough to tide us over till the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    One thing we can gather from this is that retainers are no more in 2.0.
    * All subscription fees are subject to change in accordance with the terms of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.
    Note: Pricing for other features, including longer billing cycles and Retainer Characters, have not yet been decided.
    Does not appear to be the case

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haha I can't believe he used "derp" in the letter.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If it's anything like the last time it was put in a letter, he didn't, and it was entirely inserted by the translation team. I'm sure there'll be a thread complaining about it on the Lodestone (if there isn't already).

The professional in me thinks that the use of derp in a producer letter is bad form, but alas this is the internet.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks like I need to dl all these patches and get ready for the coming back event. I want to play this again but don't wanna commit to a sub yet.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    That's how other games work, but it looks like there's still some retainer fees somewhere in there...

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I did not expect the patch so soon, I've had so little time to play this one =(

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Great letter, makes up for the last few bad ones. Legacy Campaign was completely unexpected, but appreciated; I really didn't expect anything for playing prior to 2.0 other than the experience and a couple of asthetic things.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

is he saying people can still jump in now and qualify for the legacy campaign?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    Yes, just need to pay for 90 days total before 2.0 goes live.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Great letter, makes up for the last few bad ones. Legacy Campaign was completely unexpected, but appreciated; I really didn't expect anything for playing prior to 2.0 other than the experience and a couple of asthetic things.
    More like it makes up for the radio silence for the last 2-3 days. This is pretty awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast