+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GW2 BWE #1 (April 27-30)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

GW2 BWE #1 (April 27-30)

...should definitely have its own thread, as it's certain that there will be a sizable amount of information coming back to this forum from this coming weekend and this will be a nice way to archive the event.

It's worth mentioning where certain large communities on the internet have decided to play (as copied from a Reddit post):

BG's Selected World: Ehmry Bay
    Individuals (15): Dragir, Dranio, Eanae, Elrina, Evilmanta, Galion, Iceflare, Imitarate, Iraphine, Killer, Kwijiboe, Purrrfect, Qalbert, Ryoreh, Virtus
    Guilds (1): Catalyst (FFXI Server: Fairy), The Star Onions [as 'guests?'] (FFXIV Server: Lindblum)

Note that some guilds belonging to members of BG have decided on other worlds, but there's still time to change their minds! :O

Occupied US Worlds
    Anvil Rock - 4Chan (main)
    Yak’s Bend - GW2Guru, GameTrailers, PennyArcade, Yogscast, possible Reddit alt
    Henge of Denravi - NeoGAF, Guild Wars Reporter
    Maguuma - MMORPG.com
    Sorrow’s Furnace - Reddit alt, GW2Den, VexX Gaming (PvP), Hearts of Chaos (PvX)
    Jade Quarry - PVP, Lion's Arch Radio/Blue Isle, Decisive Action (PvP)
    Fort Aspenwood - Penny Arcade
    Darkhaven - Reddit (main), Reddit WvW, Oceanic alt, Almost Famous (PvP)
    Vasburg - joO Binder (PvP)
    Crystal Desert - HardwareZone.com.sg (southeast Asia), possible Reddit alt
    Tarnished Coast - Roleplaying, The Gentlemen's Club, RPG.net
    Isle of Janthir - Boons & Conditions (PvP)
    Sea of Sorrows - SomethingAwful (Oceanic), DownUnder (AUS/NZ)
    Eternal Grove - Sea of Stars & Star Onions

Occupied EU Worlds
    Gandara - Futilez (PVP, English)
    Blacktide - GuildWars.pl (Polish), GoHa.ru (Russian), 4Gamers.be (Dutch), Midnight Mayhem (PvX), "Ancientz of Bronze Dragonflight"
    Istan - MMORPG.com, SweClockers, Ragnarok, LunaAtra (French)
    Vabbi - 4chan, RockPaperShotgun
    Fissure of Woe - Reddit alt, SomethingAwful, MMORPGitalia.it (Italian), TKOT
    Underworld - Malta Community, Reddit alt, 4chan alt
    Ring of Fire - 'The Bulgarians' (PvP), FacePunch
    Petrified Forest - 'Roleplaying'
    Jade Sea - NeoGAF
    Whiteside Ridge - Reddit (main), GameTrailers
    Fort Ranik - Reddit alt, JeuxOnline (French), 9lives.be (Dutch)
    Ruins of Surmia - GuildWars2-Online.com (Spanish)
    Sharp’s Corner - GuildWars2-Online.com alt
    Aurora Glade - GuildWars2-Online.com alt
    Riverside - Main and alt for a small portion of number of different communities
    Elona Reach - WarTower.de (German), gw2.OnlineWelten.de (German), Guild-Wars-2.net (German)
    Augury Rock - German alts
    Abaddon’s Mouth - German alts

Unclaimed US Worlds (tentative)
    Borlis Pass
    Kaineng
    Ferguson’s Crossing
    Eredon Terrace
    Steamspur Mountains
    Blazeridge Mountains
    Deldrimor
    Scavenger’s Causeway
    Moladune

Unclaimed EU Worlds (tentative)
    Kodonur
    Kodash
    Kourna
    Far Shiverpeaks
    Desolation
    Magus Falls

I plan to avoid the more highly-occupied worlds regardless of any reason not to. Ehmry Bay catches my eye (for having nothing in particular attached to it, so it should get little attention), and I haven't read anything anywhere about any large communities using it (yet), but I'm keeping my eyes open. Wherever I wind up, I'll have approximately 5-6 other former FFXI players with me at minimum, I'm sure.

Where is everyone else planning to go? Does BG already have a server in mind? I know some of you have already created your own guilds for the game. Share your plans so we can all get together and be one of the aforementioned annoying, large communities.

My friends and I plan on rolling Anvil Rock. I'm not too worried about 4chan deciding on Anvil Rock, especially since the vast majority of them won't actually remember what server and just go off on their own.

Sorrow’s Furnace, as I think most people will be avoiding the old servers.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Same for me, as I want to cook the tears of my fallen opponents. I'll be rolling my white Charr warrior, Byakko, this weekend.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I have no idea where I'll end up lol it'd be cool to play with some BG people though. It's gunna be hard finding time for this game and TERA though =/ blargh

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Gaiscioch Family is running on the Eternal Grove server. I'm playing with them now in Rift and honestly, I haven't had this much fun with a guild in a while. They're really a bunch of fun people and with no factions to restrict half the guild from playing with each other, I can only imagine how fun a WvWvW battle with them will be.

Where are the europeens congregating? Underworld/Blacktide sound good to me.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

There will be a LOT of new people in this beta though, and I could see GW veterans being drawn to that server just for the name, especially considering EU got FoW and UW.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

The Star Onions are going to The Eternal Grove.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    · SomethingAwful, PennyArcade, Reddit and GuildWars2Guru have all tentatively selected the Yak's Bend server.
    · 4Chan has tentatively selected the Anvil Rock server.

I plan to avoid those two regardless of anything else, as well as any other potentially more-overcrowded-than-would-be-normal servers.

why do you care who is on what server for a beta weekend? lol
    it also likely means those servers will have more intelligent ppl on em

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    it also likely means those servers will have more intelligent ppl on em
    Yes, because we all know how smart those GWGuru folks are. Better stay away so we don't all look stupid. Anyway, wife and I have been playing on Henge of Denravi.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Where are the europeens congregating? Underworld/Blacktide sound good to me.
    I'd be interested to know this too, downloading the client now, not long!

Firstly fuck Tera

Secondly, I am laughing at myself for thinking less crowded servers will be better when the game strives around the.more the merrier ideal

Oh how we have been tainted by other games lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I am laughing at myself for thinking less crowded servers will be better when the game strives around the more the merrier ideal
    I wouldn't say it thrives on more, since it scales up and down, and personally, I prefer small-team, coordinated gameplay.

I want to discover cross-profession combos with friends, explore the world with people I know and appreciate and that sort of thing. I'm not entirely anti-social, but if I could idealize the first BWE experience, that's how I'd like it to go... and if you recall, some of the video reviewers complained of events 'not being as fun as they could be' due to the massive number of people rolling through them in a large group, totaling in the hundreds.

Since I know most of the players who post on BG (and particularly those who've been smart enough to take notice of GW2 ) aren't trolls or half-wits, I was hoping we could all congregate on one server if possible.

Unfortunately, it seems like everyone's already planning to be scattered.

If plans are open to change... as stated, just pick an arbitrary server name, ideally separated from other hugantic communities (and possibly where there will be professional PVP teams for WvW ) and perhaps we can gather there. Remember: This will be your temporary home and neither your character nor your server selection will carry over into the actual game.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Firstly fuck Tera
    Seconded. taki 2012!

Well i've decided i'm going to be on the UW server, dunno about the rest of the Europeans, i'm keeping well away from the gurufags and their stupidity

I like the small numbers thing, but we have dungeons for that. but when it comes to epic large scale shit and WvW. Trust me the more the merrier!

Taking on a dynamic event with a couple friends is fine, but when you have 50 people in the region on one event and shit starts to scale and there are hordes of mobs and bosses unlocking uber abilities that we now have to deal with. Yea I do not mind at all.

Having tons of people running around isnt gonna stop you from exploring stuff with your friends. Also you have each others storyline instances which will vary with each player and it also scales depending on how many people you invite in.

Something for everyone.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I like the small numbers thing, and we have dungeons for that, but when it comes to epic, large-scale shit and WvWvW, trust me: the more the merrier! Taking on a Dynamic Event with a couple friends is fine, but when you have 50 people in the region on one event and shit starts to scale and there are hordes of mobs and bosses unlocking uber abilities that we now have to deal with... yea, I do not mind at all.

Having tons of people running around isn't gonna stop you from exploring stuff with your friends. You also have each others' storyline instances, which will vary with each player, and it also scales depending on how many people you invite in. Something for everyone.
    Don't forget Taki, you're preaching to the choir (lol). There isn't a soul on BG who's been more aggressive about knowing as much as possible about the game and supporting ArenaNet than me. I should've been paid, tbh (lol). Of course I realize that dungeons are the designated style of gameplay for focused teamwork, but I want to experience that in the entire game, including Dynamic Events (which is where all the real fun happens; big bosses, etc). That's just my style. I was a bit of a skillchain/magic burst zealot in FFXI even after mindless zerging and with and without "brew" became the norm, for example, though I did concede that good skill-chaining and magic bursting could and should be done spontaneously/instinctually/on-the-fly without any rudimentary cues.

To be perfectly honest, my primary goal for this post is to get a good number of people who value:

· Playing with others who value doing everything as efficiently and as effectively as possible, including combat,
    · are enthusiastic about occasionally just taking the time to explore and chat
    · and who will indulge in an appreciation of ArenaNet's great story-telling and artwork,

and I know BG has a few of those hanging around here somewhere.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Well i've decided i'm going to be on the UW server, dunno about the rest of the Europeans, i'm keeping well away from the gurufags and their stupidity
    I'd be up for rolling underworld, got a couple of friends with me and we're not really sure where to go yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

based on how the game handles que times, i think being on the more populated servers are all in your favor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast