+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I wanna be a comic book nerd

What are some good comic books to read, I skipped that phase of nerd-dom and went straight to being consumed by vidya 24/7. And where are some good places to get them since I'm not going to be poor anymore and can afford nice things. DC and Marvel would be good to start out with.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You should read Y, The Last Man.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

you should read kill yourself by faggot mcgee

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Why in the fuck would you want to do that?

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So when I'm all 250 of muscle, I can be all I'm such a nerd because I read comics and wear Ray Bans and pull all the bitches

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

wait...

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

But they seem pretty interesting to read and it'll help with the creative kick I'm on.

Canadian Fury

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

you should read The Invisibles

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

you should read archie that jughead cracks me up

Canadian Fury

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

oh, that jughead jones

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Y the last man is a great series
    Also the walking dead series is good, much better than the show, and the show is good

Supreme powers is good, and a series called Locke and Key.

As far as DC and Marvel goes, I like the punisher MAX line. Marvel started this thing where they'll release adult oriented reading with the MAX label to it. most of that stuff is pretty good. Deadpool MAX is fucking hilarous

I actually bought my wife a GN(graphic novel) called "pride of baghdad" which was about a family of lions in saddams zoo when we invaded back in 2003. The book is pure fiction (i mean the lions talk and get in a fight with an evil bear) but the story was based off of an actual incident that involved 3 actual lions from the saddam's zoo that escaped when our shock and awe bombing destroy'd some of their habitat. When US forces entered that area of baghdad they were sweeping houses and they came upon 3 starving lions that hadn't ate in 3-4 weeks and were pretty crazy mad with hunger, and they ended up having to put them down. Pretty awesome read though....

ummm... Green lantern is usually always an awesome read (more so when hal jordan went ape shit and fought and killed most of the green lantern corps cause his entire family died, and he didn't have enough power to bring them back to life, but that's a few years old now)

I actually have a FUCK ton of digital comics, but not sure what the easiest way to get them to you would be.

I mean... i have every spider man ever made, detective comics #27 (1st ever batman) thru ...like.... dec 2010.
    I have most of the ones i mentioned, except "y: the last man" and "pride of baghdad"
    Supreme powers (i posted about them in the hulk vs. that bitch ass monkey who would never win in a fight vs. the hulk thread) is really awesome.
    The stand alone graphic novel of "wanted" was way fucking better than the movie with angelina jolie, i'd recommend checking that out.

And i also have all of the marvel civil war, which was a crossover story that basically pitted the entire marvel universe against one another. also directions on how to read the different issues so it all made the most sense (and you'd need it as the story jumps from like spider man 107, to x-men 37, to avengers for 3 issues, then back to fantastic 4 for 2 issuses, etc.

god damn the feds for taking down that file sharing thing.... ><

like do you want awesome action stories? or awesome realistic stories? or both?

oh the kingdom come graphic novel is probably one of the best DC comics that has ever been made. Superman is old as fuck, retired from superheroing because of some stuff.

Ex Machina is pretty fucking awesome. Bout a NY city cop(ithink?) who discovers some crazy ass shit in the bay there, and gives him the power to control all machine/technology mentally. Shit get's crazy because he get's elected mayor of new york, and in this "reality" he prevented the 2nd plane from crashing into the World trade center.

Pretty much all the Alien series from dark horse are good fucking reads if you like that whole human vs. some crazy ass alien story. (got those too)

i could go on....

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

sometimes we mesh I suppose

Banned.

BG Level

Most anything from DC's Vertigo imprint during the 90's was great; Sandman, V for Vendetta, Fables, Preacher, Stardust. All darker and more morbid and melancholy affair, great stuff. Obligatory Walking Dead plug, such a great comic. A lot of the Batman one-offs and arcs in the late 80's up through the 90's were all good, shit like Batman versus Predator ( come on! ).

DC apparently just rebooted their entire universe so it will be easy to start fresh from any DC comic without feeling lost.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by MF Perm tha Fineass View Post
    Most anything from DC's Vertigo imprint during the 90's was great; Sandman, V for Vendetta, Fables, Preacher, Stardust. All darker and more morbid and melancholy affair, great stuff. Obligatory Walking Dead plug, such a great comic. A lot of the Batman one-offs and arcs in the late 80's up through the 90's were all good, shit like Batman versus Predator ( come on! ).

DC apparently just rebooted their entire universe so it will be easy to start fresh from any DC comic without feeling lost.
    I can't believe i forgot to mention that. Preacher is fucking amazing. I say start there.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I love comic book art but I never believe the things they say would actually come out of their mouths

Canadian Fury

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

read arkham asylum: a serious house on serious earth
    because the art is gorgeous
    http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...nboy32/105.jpg

Canadian Fury

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it's my favourite batman comic but i have only read the killing joke, year 1, and arkham asylum so do not listen to me

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

was the killing joke, the series where the joker went crazy(er) and killed jason todd with the tire iron?
    http://comicattack.net/wp-content/up...fc851a03fe.jpg

Nope, it's not, but this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Toddis what i was thinking of. I didn't realize the vote was that close.