1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Hamlet Defense Info     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone know yet if you still get top 3 bonuses if your hamlet fails to reach level 2?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Pretty sure you do.

Someone had recently mentioned that a Lv.1 Hamlet is only actually good for achievements or if you're in the top-3.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can personally confirm, I was 2nd place for a level 1 golden bazzar. I got 2 seals and a pair of militia bracelets (10mil on balmung, woot) and we never got over 15k at the end of the 3 hamlet runs.

Basically went all DoW/M for the achievement, killed boss asap, had like 13-15k on all of the runs.

Spent like 112k hamlet points to get 2nd lol was pretty boss.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is the seal rate the same for ranks 1/2/3 when it's level 1?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It should be. Being top 3 is independent of everything. Regardless of the lv of hamlet, regardless of your point total, if you win a hamlet in any fashion with top 3 you get the extra shot from the captain upon exit.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

what wu-tang ice said.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Is the seal rate the same for ranks 1/2/3 when it's level 1?
    Lv.1 hamlet doesn't guarantee seals from the captain as #1 provisioner. You can still get a seal, but I don't know the rate.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Interesting. I guess there's no rush to get this done then, I was worried hamlets would stop reaching level 2 due to the lack of people doing it. I'm thinking I'll put relics off to V2 now due to the silly inflation taking place.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Took 144 runs, no top 3 provisioner to get 9/9. I think I read somewhere figure roughly 150 runs on average, so that makes sense. Of course, luck plays a big role in this, as well as party loot rules. Find a group that's mostly after gear now, and your chances for seals go up, sometimes, dramatically. Not sure what average seal drop rate is for 60K runs. I'd eyeball roughly 60% or so.

Since there is still some gear there I'm interested in, I have a couple questions about level 1. Do militia items such as tights, cutter's hat, etc. (read that group loot) still have a chance to fall level 1? I'm assuming not or at a greatly reduced rate. If you're top 20 can you still get items from exit npc, such as bracelets, offhand tools, and are those odds reduced as well? Thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by zzapp View Post
    Since there is still some gear there I'm interested in, I have a couple questions about level 1. Do militia items such as tights, cutter's hat, etc. (read that group loot) still have a chance to fall level 1? I'm assuming not or at a greatly reduced rate. If you're top 20 can you still get items from exit npc, such as bracelets, offhand tools, and are those odds reduced as well? Thanks.
    Level 1 runs can drop militia items, yes, but at a greatly reduced rate. However, do keep in mind that there are 60000+ point exclusive items as well, so really it's better to go when it's level 2.

Not sure what happens with extra loot as a provisioner, though.

In my personal experience: 42 seals dropped in 99 level 2 hamlets all with a score of 60k+.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

wrong thread sorry

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Discovered the secret to ending the Dalamud problem! Doing hamlet at least in Aleport causes Dalamud to retreat! Who knew hamlet would be the solution! It goes back to the size when meteors were falling from the skies.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I noticed that too. They forgot to update Dalamud's graphics and the "weather" inside Hamlet instances.