1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 9 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 0 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamlet Defense Info     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

DoL is fun, but it has nothing to do with gathering stats or gear, LOL.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Got a Militia secondar tool of cooking and alchemy from the captain npc when you finish the hamlet instance with a special speech. I'm third and friend is sixth on the ranking of supplies. Apart of this nothing good from chest and total points where 16990 and 17040.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Wycor View Post
    Got a Militia secondar tool of cooking and alchemy from the captain npc when you finish the hamlet instance with a special speech. I'm third and friend is sixth on the ranking of supplies. Apart of this nothing good from chest and total points where 16990 and 17040.
    Damn, makes me even more annoyed that I was shoved off the charts at the last minute by all the bots. Did the tools you got have anything to do with the classes you have at 50 or what type of items you turned in? (rations/poultice maybe?)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Damn, makes me even more annoyed that I was shoved off the charts at the last minute by all the bots. Did the tools you got have anything to do with the classes you have at 50 or what type of items you turned in? (rations/poultice maybe?)
    He is 20 alchemist and didn't trade anything crafted of alche so we can supose is totally random?

He is 20 alchemist and didn't trade anything crafted of alche so we can supose is totally random?
    Shocking that they would put such little thought into a loot system.

Spoiler: show

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Got a militia wrislet from the npc again. The 20 positions seems to influence a lot since the drops of ppl i know are who are the top 20.

On Ridill, the leader board is kinda messed up. The 20th person has like 3000 points, I'm not even on it and I know I sumbited about 15,000 points.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Its like that on Hyperion as well. Last person has 15,000 when I know others have turned in that much and arent listed

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I'm having trouble explaining the exact mechanics of DoH to folks who haven't done it before.

Is it click box, get materials, go into crafting menu, requested items? Or in inventory? Then craft (hasty hand work?), turn in to NPC?

It's in your inventory by other "key items" like tapers and keystones. It's just like a normal synthesis. You can do hasty hand but I've heard it fails a lot.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Don't know where to post it but here some info about the double down +10 on Militia Wristlet. So after many testing the +10 double down gives a 1% meaning that:

If you finish sysntesis with 2% and no HQ the double down % will be 2% isntead of 1%.
    If you finsih syntesis with 82% and no HQ the double down will be 42% instead of 41%.

Is not something awesome but better than nothing. Also we can asume the +10 Discovery rate on DoL will be the same.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Don't know where to post it but here some info about the double down +10 on Militia Wristlet. So after many testing the +10 double down gives a 1% meaning that:

If you finish sysntesis with 2% and no HQ the double down % will be 2% isntead of 1%.
    If you finsih syntesis with 82% and no HQ the double down will be 42% instead of 41%.

Is not something awesome but better than nothing. Also we can asume the +10 Discovery rate on DoL will be the same.
    Possibly, although I'm hoping not.

HQ rate while gathering currently caps at 10% regardless of perception (not taking abilities into account). That bumping up to 11% wouldn't exactly be hot. Then again, there's no alternative gear on those slots that's better so there'd be no reason to not use it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That's just ridiculous. They really reeeeeally need to stop putting ambiguous bonuses on gear like that. Stop telling me it's "something+10" when I have no point of reference for what that is. Just say "something+1%" and quit bs'ing us lol. They do the same shit with enmity and other crap and yet give us no measuring stick for what any of that shit means!

So the Hat/wrist with HQ discovery rate +10 will be +1% each also which isnt that bad when it comes to gathering

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Don't really care for the randomness of drops, but I actually liked the battle portion of the it a lot. Anyone know how to bump up the score past 23~25k? We were rolling with 2WHM, 1BLM, 4DD, 1DoL. DoL did great keeping up enfeebles up the whole time, DD as well, but I was having a hard time solo healing the NPCs. Should it be more of both WHM contributing to the NPCs as well as the DDs or can a WHM solo heal the NPCs fine and I was just failing? Fogcasters or whatever they're called ruin everything <_<.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Fogcasters can easily ruin a group that is otherwise very successful at Hamlet. There's a post by Dr Mog (I think) on the OF about how to best bump up the score.

Obviously keeping the first line intact and not losing any NPCs is one of the keys. There's other small stuff too that adds up, like killing the random monkey and wolf that show up at different points; or DoL and DoH doing more than just 1 type of debuff or craft. I think there's a bonus for continuing to kill all waves of normal mobs before taking out the boss, as well.

Having one of the top 20 provisioners in the PT is a score boost as well, although obviously not available to everyone.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Do the enemies stop coming after a certain point, or is it best to just zerg rush the boss down as soon as he gets there? Or is it too early to tell?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

From what I can tell based on others reports, it sounds like eventually the waves of mobs stop coming. Obviously killing the boss gets you the win, but getting the bonus for defeating all waves first helps with points.

Edit: GDI, I was about to reply to your post saying the WHM in my party didn't seem to have any troubles keeping NPCs healed. Then I looked at your sig and realized you were that WHM.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Doctor Mog posted a 40k point video:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The waves eventually stop (looked like the 15min mark) and killing everything before killing NM gives you ~3000 in additional points. Mog's group could've got 3000 more if they had a provisioner in their party.

Does anyone have a full list of the point categories. I saw a link to a japanese site floating around that had a full list but it was in japanese (obviously). There was one item that had a point total of 5000. Would be nice to figure out what that is.