1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 3 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamlet Defense Info     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Question: Is there a limit to how many of a single gathering / crafting type of item you can turn in for the supply phase? A ridiculous example: If i gather 500 stacks of kidney ore, can I turn them in all or will I get blocked by some "cap"?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nope no cap. You can turn in a million if you like to try to get #1 rank. Depending on your server and how aggressive people are, top rank might be 800k+ points or it might be 250k points.

pythes

we seen some JP with 2mil+ in points and the supply total was up to like 5mil+ the first couple rounds after patch lol some some ppl get 800k and not get top 3 >< so no cap

Last Hamlet the top two were over 1m.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I expect nothing less for the next week or so. And its also JP weekend and they are pretty hardcore in general about supplies. Wait it out or try to get top rank mid week.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Good thing is once those people at #1 get their seals they wont need to be top provisioner anymore, but the problem I forsee is they will just pass the supply down the line to another LS mate to push them to #1 for guaranteed seals. But eventually the top provisioners will keep cycling out.
    This is starting to resemble the early WoW honor system where some servers would have large statics running almost literally 24/7 to ensure their next member in line would get #1 several weeks in a row. Yoshi-P probably should have looked at that before implementing a system that pits players against each other in a direct farming competition.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I read it some where, but I can't seem to find it now - what are the minimum stats for DoL (gather) and DoH (I assume craftsmanship) for Hamlet defense? All other DoL and DoH stats are irrelavent?

Thanks.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I think I read 70 gather to 100% obtain item, not sure about crafts, but tbh if you have culmination + a handful of progress abils, you dont really need much in the way of crafts to nq anything

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

DoH can have 0 craftsmanship and still be ok, needs culmination, piece by piece, by the book and the other one that advances +20%..

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Cool, thanks guys.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quick question, sorry if its already been answered here.
    I believe there are bonus points for doing /rally before first wave and /laugh at NM, how does that work, specifically:
    Does everyone have to /rally + /laugh to get points or just one person?
    If just one person, do you get more points, the more people do it?
    With the /laugh, Im guessing its the megaboss not the animals? Does this have to be done before he is claimed, or just anytime before he dies?

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Lol i didn't know there was point for that but the JPs does /psych before waves starts and /laugh at boss when all enemies dies except the boss.. i always thought it was weird lol

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Daiiawn View Post
    Does everyone have to /rally + /laugh to get points or just one person?
    If just one person, do you get more points, the more people do it?
    The bonus doesn't stack, so I assume just one person doing it is fine. However, I can't say for certain because usually everyone in my group does it.
    With the /laugh, Im guessing its the megaboss not the animals? Does this have to be done before he is claimed, or just anytime before he dies?
    Yes, you laugh at the boss-beastman-NM. I'm not certain if there's a specific window.

It's 100 points for rally and 100 points for laugh before multipliers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If the Hamlet is Lv1, can you still get seals from captain for being top3?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hi all long time reader making his first post.
    I don't understand how to win in the battle phase? I've tried this 8 or so times with every combination I can think of and we always get massively overwhelmed and die horribly. I'd appreciate it if anyone can post any tips on how to beat the battle part? My ls is short on DoL/DoH (only one person has 50 and he's our only 50 of both) so we were trying with just disciplines of war & magic. We tried 4 whm, 1 brd, 2 war, 1 blm. One war, 1 miner, 2 whm and the rest blm and a brd. We tried with 3 whm too, but we're always overwhelmed.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: We were trying Hyrstmill Lv2.

^ pretty sure its impossible to get 40k + with only 1 dol / doh. Its definitely possible to win with only DOW but your wasting your time unless your scoring 50k+

Looking on confirmation on the Top 1-3 provisioner bonus, is it true that 1/2/3 = 100/50/25% drop on seals from the npc? Would like to know before i drop 500k pts on this ;x

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by n0pax View Post
    Hi all long time reader making his first post.
    I don't understand how to win in the battle phase? I've tried this 8 or so times with every combination I can think of and we always get massively overwhelmed and die horribly. I'd appreciate it if anyone can post any tips on how to beat the battle part? My ls is short on DoL/DoH (only one person has 50 and he's our only 50 of both) so we were trying with just disciplines of war & magic. We tried 4 whm, 1 brd, 2 war, 1 blm. One war, 1 miner, 2 whm and the rest blm and a brd. We tried with 3 whm too, but we're always overwhelmed.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: We were trying Hyrstmill Lv2.
    NPCs can do a lot of the work. I think we usually do 2-3 DoH, 2 DoL, 2 WHM and 1-2 WARs. One DoH does defense/evasion, other one (or two) just does attack. I know you said you don't have the DoL/H, but they do seem to help a lot as the NPCs do a lot of damage.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We were using 1 WAR, 2 WHM, 2 DoL, and 3 DoH and scoring around 55~57k points per run. I'll post more specific strategy later if Rocl doesn't beat me to it, but we kind of mashed two strategies together we found and it's worked great so far.

pythes

-our group has been doing 1war 2whm 3doh 2dol - 2DoH does attack up 1 does defense the 2 DoL does a Hp down at start then does attack till 18;00 on the clock then will rotate attack + enmity reset when needed the WAR of course takes care of the animal NM's and once boss pops kites the boss till all mobs are dead. whm's keep NPC's alive and buffed. if you get all 3 NM's and dont lose any NPC's should be 60k+ run everytime. everyone but the WAR should also have a lvl1 tool/weapon that is broken for the bonus points

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by pythes View Post
    everyone but the WAR should also have a lvl1 tool/weapon that is broken for the bonus points
    Dear SE: This is dumb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast