1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamlet Defense Info     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The hell is the bonus for that?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The hell is the bonus for that?
    180 per person before multipliers according to this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...vV3RoQWc#gid=1

Hamlets are so hilarious in a bad way... I don't even know what I wish they'd do with them.

Hopefully by level4-5 the multipliers will be so high that you can just go in and have fun instead of having to squeeze every bonus in like this. Getting luminaries for your DOL/DOH and then having to use broken level1 weapons in the one event you can participate just feels retarded. Also jesus christ do I fall asleep while kiting the boss on WAR/PLD.

2.0 will fix it though amirite.

I think the only fun I had in Hamlets were as a WHM in Aleport. That shit can get crazy.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

anyone knows if top 3 provisioners get seals at lvl 1 hamlet? or only at lvl 2?

pythes

havent seen seals from lvl1 yet but its never lvl 1 anymore on our server

I asked the same thing on Lodestone and got this:
    Lvl 1 is still a seal, but not 100% drop.
    Uncharacteristically generous of SE, if true. You could complete Lv.1 in 12 minutes by cutting down NM since there's no reason to push for more points.

A. Body
    BG Level

I've never done Hamlet defense, what are the main problems with it?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    I asked the same thing on Lodestone and got this:

Uncharacteristically generous of SE, if true. You could complete Lv.1 in 12 minutes by cutting down NM since there's no reason to push for more points.
    Ask for screenshots. OFs are crawling with inaccurate information and players that disseminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    I've never done Hamlet defense, what are the main problems with it?
    More importantly, why haven't you shopped Dalamud into your signature?

OK, helpful answer:

- In order to get sealworthy points, you must purposefully double the duration of the event. This contradicts the spirit of past events where speed is rewarded, not endurance.
    - You must use a very particular PT that is mostly noncombat classes. There are conditions worth large amounts of points that depend on the NPCs in hamlet defeating certain mobs, so they must be buffed accordingly (also, they must survive).
    - Seal drop rate sux.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    More importantly, why haven't you shopped Dalamud into your signature?
    Noted.

Is there a full reward list for Ham Def (yes, Ham Def)?
    Are seals given to each participating player if the conditions are met or is it something everyone has to loot on?
    So a pre-made can get 40-65k, what can a PUG expect to get?
    I'm guessing you can't issue any direct commands to friendly NPCs like the Beaastman bosses can?

I can sort of understand why they're not rewarding speed runs in this case, partially because they've done it so much and partially since speed runs are done by the most powerful players. They don't want it to seem like the same kind of barrier. However, purposefully lengthening gameplay isn't fun and it still seems like only the best can get the needed amounts. SE relies too heavily on drop rates to control distribution. There are ways to control acquisition of valuable items without leaving it to chance. Too much of the reward is not directly in the player's hands, NPC-based bonuses are too highly valued and at maximum effort, the desired reward is still only a chance. From what I've seen of the Relic's final forms, they aren't so good right now that the barrier to the first tier has to be so large (on paper, at least).

Seal drop rate should correlate to accumulated points, if it doesn't already.
    If a seal 'drops', everyone should get one if they don't already.
    Something should be done so mobs don't need to be kept alive to generate bonus points.
    They need to allow some form of direct control for the friendly NPCs (or create a smart AI director, like the beastman commanders).
    They need to adjust player action bonuses (monsters defeated, DoH/L buffs applied, etc.).
    Time-Wasting bonuses (No beastman survivors, errant soul defeated) need to be adjusted to reward action (don't need to kill all waves to get the bonus, different pop conditions).
    Create s system where total points accumulated at a hamlet are tracked. Rewards will be given when a milestone is met. Ex. 100k: sick barding. 200k: a seal.

I know I'm not be-all-end-all, I just wanted to fart out my analysis.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Assuming everyone have experience before hand, 60k is very easy to achieve in PUG. You can have 1-2 new people and still able to win if you explain beforehands and if they have half a brain and knows how to listen.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can more than one seal drop out of a 60k chest or is it one only? Trying to figure out a rough minimum for each zone with the amount of people that want to build relics in my shell.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Even with a 60k chest, droprate is not 100%. It takes roughly 20 mins to perform a full run with 15 min cooldown but i'll average it to 1 run every 45 mins. Only 1 seal can drop per run, not including the prize for top 3 who receive an extra seal from the captain, again not 100% even if you're #1.

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    Is there a full reward list for Ham Def (yes, Ham Def)?
    Are seals given to each participating player if the conditions are met or is it something everyone has to loot on?
    So a pre-made can get 40-65k, what can a PUG expect to get?
    I'm guessing you can't issue any direct commands to friendly NPCs like the Beaastman bosses can?
    http://mozk-tabetai.com/
    Search "militia." Everything green is a hamdef reward, but tools/accessories are only awarded to top EDIT:4-20 providers, since the top 3 get seals instead.

I have never seen more than one seal drop from a chest. The contents of the chest are scattered to party members' loot pools. It is not a personal chest like primal battles.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that the only barrier to max points in hamdef is experience. If everyone goes in knowing their role and the particulars of the hamlet, the event practically runs itself.

NPCs are like towers in a TD game: they are rooted to one spot, attack the nearest target in range and have no apparent priority for certain mob types.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Unrelated to seals: Do we have a complete list of what Militia Gear drops where? The list I have is rather incomplete:

Spoiler: show
    Aleport:
    Militia Armet
    Militia Claw Hammer
    Militia Cuirass
    Militia Duckbills
    Militia Earrings
    Militia Gig
    Militia Trousers
    Militia Mitt Gauntlets
    Militia Pliers
    Hamlet Puller's Hat

Golden Bazaar:
    Militia Awl
    Militia Choker
    Militia Grinding Wheel
    Militia Harness
    Militia Hat
    Militia Ringbands
    Militia Sabatons
    Militia Scythe
    Militia Spinning Wheel
    Militia Subligar
    Hamlet Digger's Helmet

Hrystmill:
    Militia Barbut
    Militia Belt
    Militia Caligae
    Militia Culinary Knife
    Militia Gauntlets
    Militia Mortar
    Militia Robe
    Militia Sledgehammer
    Militia Tights
    Hamlet Cutter's Hat

Any:
    Militia Bracelets
    Militia Wristlets?

Missing: File

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Duckbills and Mitt Gauntlets drop in Aleport.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

My understanding is wristlets/bracelets can come from all 3, but I might be wrong. Also, pretty sure I saw sledgehammer come from Hrystmill.

Bazaar drops: Bracelets, Harness, Ringbands
    Hyrstmill drops: Caligae
    Aleport drops: Gig

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Cuirass is Aleport, Gauntlet is Hristmill

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level