Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

UPROXX: Here's Why 'New Mutants' Likely Can't Be Released On Hulu Or Disney+.
    https://uproxx.com/movies/new-mutant...streaming-hbo/

Fox made some real shit deals with this film. HBO holds the streaming rights until 2022 and if the film doesn't come to theaters first, the contracts for the director and cast have to be renegotiated.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

August 28, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    UPROXX: Here's Why 'New Mutants' Likely Can't Be Released On Hulu Or Disney+.
    https://uproxx.com/movies/new-mutant...streaming-hbo/

Fox made some real shit deals with this film. HBO holds the streaming rights until 2022 and if the film doesn't come to theaters first, the contracts for the director and cast have to be renegotiated.
    I'm sure those deals were made forever ago.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Man I need this movie already

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Synopsis
    In this terrifying, action-fueled film based on the MARVEL comic series, five young people who demonstrate special powers are brought to a secret institution to undergo treatments they are told will cure them of the dangers of their powers. Included are Danielle Moonstar aka Mirage (Blu Hunt), who creates illusions from other people’s fears; Rahne Sinclair (Maisie Williams), who transforms into the werewolf Wolfsbane; Sam Guthrie (Charlie Heaton), who, as Cannonball, can fly at jet speeds protected by a force field; Roberto da Costa aka Sunspot (Henry Zaga), who absorbs and channels solar power; and Illyana Rasputin aka Magik (Anya Taylor-Joy).

The younger sister of Colossus, Magik becomes encased in armor at will and wields a soulsword that amplifies her multiple superhuman and psychic abilities. Invited by Dr. Cecilia Reyes (Alice Braga) to share their stories about when their powers first manifested, the five “patients” come to understand that they are in a class of people called mutants, who have historically been marginalized and feared. As they relive their origin stories, their memories seem to turn into terrifying realities.

Soon, they question what is real and what isn’t, and it becomes clear that the institution isn’t what it seems. Now the question is — why are they being held captive? And who is trying to destroy them? The tension and horror mount in this white-knuckle thrill ride directed by Josh Boone and co-written by Boone and Knate Lee.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://film.avclub.com/the-new-muta...=1598368725725
    The A.V. Club won’t be reviewing it, however. At least not this week, and probably not for many afterwards. A few days ago, we reached out to Disney and were informed by representatives of the studio that they would not be providing press with either an advance screening of the film or a digital review link. In other words, the only way critics will be able to see The New Mutants is if they buy a ticket and go to a theater, just like everyone else. In normal times, that’s exactly what we’d do: Studios will sometimes decline to screen a movie in advance of its public premiere—often, it must be said, when they’re afraid that reviews will be negative enough to hurt attendance. (Maybe The New Mutants is a train wreck. Or maybe Disney just thinks it is.)

But these are not normal times. Last week, we published an interview with scientific experts on the dangers of going to the movies now, during a pandemic that is in no way under control. They did not mince words: There’s a very good chance you could get sick. And that’s a risk The A.V. Club will not be taking to review a movie, any movie, even one that will satisfy our burning curiosity about a long-delayed comic-book blockbuster that sounds more like A Nightmare On Elm Street III: The Dream Warriors than First Class. We are, in fact, adopting the official policy of only reviewing films our writers can safely watch, whether in a socially distanced press screening or with a digital screener. And yes, that applies to all our writers, even those willing to take the risk for an assignment, because we’re not willing to monetize that risk, either.

i am shocked, SHOCKED. but also worse than dark phoenix is a really really low bar to...not clear

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Reminder that this was made well before the Fox/Disney deal and was pretty much a completed film, Disney screened it internally and it was so bad they had serious discussions about whether or not to release a completed film they had purchased the rights to.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

They should've just stopped after Logan. That's how you end a franchise. Everything after is pretty embarrassing and clearly cash grabs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Also what the hell are they thinking releasing this in only movie theaters. Of course is bombed. Any new release is going to take a huge hit right now if not also available to stream

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

probably a contractual obligation to release in theaters before a VOD release

honestly this is probably their best case scenario. they can just say it bombed because of covid and probably...make like half their money back from VODs

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    They should've just stopped after Logan. That's how you end a franchise. Everything after is pretty embarrassing and clearly cash grabs.

Eh, that’s not going to happen in this era of needing franchises/IP. There’s still a lot of X-men stories left to tell. I don’t think they’ve told any major X-men stories past the 1980s.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Plus now its in the hands of the MCU.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    probably a contractual obligation to release in theaters before a VOD release
    That's exactly what it was.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a3...lay-streaming/

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Eh, that’s not going to happen in this era of needing franchises/IP. There’s still a lot of X-men stories left to tell. I don’t think they’ve told any major X-men stories past the 1980s.
    I meant FOX. I'm all in for the MCU X-Men.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just got back from seeing this at a pop up drive in theater at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena...it was very disappointing. The pacing was off and it just never quite got off the ground. The concepts were there but at the end of the movie I really didn’t care much about any of the characters as they just felt very forgettable.