Thread: Patch Nooooooooootes!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    News spread fast as is. On VoT, it happend at 4 PM and 9 PM though there was also talk of a 2 AM one as well, but I was in bed by then.
    You could say that.

Spoiler: show

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Hate you people with better computers!

At points last night, I was seeing 1 frame every 5+ seconds. For most of the boss fight it was laggy as hell, but it seemed everytime the boss would be to a certain percent of HP, it'd go to all hell. Even with settings at 0 for everything, turning everyone's names off but part/guild... my god I need a better computer.

It'd be so much more enjoyable if I wasn't lagging so badly.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What level is ok to start participating in nexus?

I would say as close to 60 as possible. The mobs or area stack a debuff up to 5 I think that was ticking on me for 1800 dmg. It's pretty insane.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

For the people too lazy to go find it, here's the current Nexus schedule:
    http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...Nexus-Schedule

For the people too lazy to click and read:
    Fridays
    5pm PDT
    9pm PDT

Saturdays
    5pm PDT
    9pm PDT

Sundays
    12pm PDT
    4pm PDT

For the people too lazy to go to that link and click the other link, here's the general walkthrough for people that missed it:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/nexus-invasion

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lame schedule, never pvp gear forever

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quick patch notes for tomorrow:

New Stuff and Changes

Applied following changes to character transfers:

Level requirement will now be ten (was five). The new server has standards, you know.
    Cooldown time for transfers per character will now be seven days (was 24 hours).
    Amount of gold allowed during transfer will now be 30,000 (was 100,000).
    Updated daily quest reset time:

Reset time will now be 8 a.m. PDT (was 7 p.m. PDT). Nothing says “You’re still up?” like a new set of dailies.
    New Zone Channel Settings

Reduced the number of players needed to create a new zone channel.
    Chat Channel Changes

Adjusted the timer on the LFG Channel to one message per minute to reduce global spam. Seriously, it’s not Barrens chat, people.
    Back to TERA patch notes.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

for some reason I feel 1 minute isnt going to be enough

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

http://tera.enmasse.com/pages/patch-173201

Nerf to Hard Modes already and adding Tier 13 gear to normals with low drop rate. >>;

Little Mother
    BG Level

Sigh. Game has barely been out a month.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ahaha, TERA just went easy mode. This is hilarious.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-173201

Fixed the bug that made the nexus achievement “Catch the Nexus Wave” difficult to obtain because of daily quest reset.
    lol, fucking Blizzard still hasn't fixed their version of this that resets the achievement for Darkmoon Faire every month...

Also glad to see GvG on PvE servers.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    lol, fucking Blizzard still hasn't fixed their version of this that resets the achievement for Darkmoon Faire every month...

Also glad to see GvG on PvE servers.
    Pissed me off soooooo bad. I would have had that achievement like twice over when I was still playing. When I saw the Nexus one suffering from the same thing I thought, "oh not this shit again."

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I"m starting to get a bit worried, but not for the reasons mentioned. I'm not that concerned with non-master craft T13 items having a low chance in normal modes. Looking at the T13 crafted Weapon/Armors, the time sink on them is atrocious. If they really expect it to be the best gear, for a long time, then that means they aren't coming out with anything new, for at least that long. Maybe the lvl 60 BAMS, dropping the crafting gear, is an answer, but last I checked, it required superior crafting mats, none of which are dropped by said BAMs, unless the patch notes are wrong.

Maybe these changes are a realization that the grind is too long, for just one character, not to mention gearing any alts you might also enjoy.

Hat storage options are nice though, and no more silly quests for reputation hats. I can just buy them now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The nerfs are barely that. and a low drop chance for t13 prolly means super low. In that you don't farm normal mode expecting t13.

Nerf's are for a few abilities that aren't even abilities that wipe the party. So i Don't see any issue. peopl just love to see any nerf and be "lolezymode"

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Xiani View Post
    http://tera.enmasse.com/pages/patch-173201

Nerf to Hard Modes already and adding Tier 13 gear to normals with low drop rate. >>;
    Im still failing to see that it says "all modes" or that those changes occur on both normal and hard modes.

I also still fail to see how nerfing three abilities, 2 of which are supposed to be avoided and are completely avoidable, makes the game easy mode.

Adding t13 as low (read 1-3% drop rates) to Kaprima and Relic, does not change much. Seeing until we see this live and know that it is in fact enigmatic gear and not Fodder, it makes zero sense to believe, "omg super nerf!". I would guess this is Fodder, to give those HM groups more reason to run normals than trying to sell ET12 gear. Even if these are enigmatic t13, they are not going to give it like water. Hell Enigmatic Chests/Weapons don't drop at even a decent drop rate as is. Do you honestly, think this is going to be such a huge game changer?

These notes as a whole are not bad at all. They needed to nerf "Dodge Ball" in Fane so that it is a lot more Dungeon Finder friendly. I am just disappointed we did not see the new "Novice" System in before we see these changes. These are not unexpected.

The thing I am disappointed that we have not seen the Berserker changes that went live in Korea last week. I am also saddened to hear nothing about the changes in the fundamentally flawed crafting system that needs a complete overhaul from the ground up. Not just the 410 t13 items, but the ENTIRE system.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A player character who has not been fully loaded yet is displayed in gray like far-off NPCs.
    I'm probably the only one on BG that'll reap the benefit of this one.

Just wish they'd have the devs optimize the damn game some more though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Im still failing to see that it says "all modes" or that those changes occur on both normal and hard modes.

I also still fail to see how nerfing three abilities, 2 of which are supposed to be avoided and are completely avoidable, makes the game easy mode.
    They don't state either or, so one would assume it's for both versions.

I never said it made it easy mode, just saying they are nerfed, which by definition is what they did. They lowered the damage done. Unless this was directed at the other post about "ezmode" while quoting me.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Xiani View Post
    They don't state either or, so one would assume it's for both versions.

I never said it made it easy mode, just saying they are nerfed, which by definition is what they did. They lowered the damage done. Unless this was directed at the other post about "ezmode" while quoting me.
    Was more directed at the other post while quoting you. I would say that it was more aimed at the tard who went all emo-apeshit over the patch notes and logged out saying "the only people defending this are the people who never have done hard modes." He just flat out logged out of the game because "they are nerfing HMs to the ground and giving everyone the ability to just login at 60 and get t13!" People need to take a step back and really read what they are doing. They are doing things that are best for the game. Mind you they need to be doing this while adding more content, but we have to wait til August at the earliest for that.

Korea Forums Yada Yada, Bad Translation Yada Yada ...

Basically this confirms that:

1) This happened in Korea ALREADY. (May 3rd Patch)
    2) The difficulty changes are only on the Normal Modes of the dungeons (see they are stated on "lower" only).
    3) That it is in fact a super low chance for the enigmatic t13 to drop in normals. In order to incentivize higher geared groups to clear the normal modes.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Really doesn't confirm anything (especially with Google Translate); the only way to find out is to do a HM Fane or Balder's in two hours when the server goes back up and see what happens. As it stands though, I wouldn't put it past EnMasse to apply this to both Normal Mode and Hard Mode, especially with the way the NA community is, and that's fully what I'm expecting to see.

Additionally, I don't see a problem with the crafting system as it is. Sure, it's annoying/expensive/time consuming to get something to 410, as it should be; you spend money to make money, and if everyone could run around with 410 crafting like it was nothing, that'd reduce the value of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast