+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: DPS Spreadsheets     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Was the special effect of Coruscanti fixed in the first place?
    It was. It's in the update notes from a few patches ago.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There was some weird behavior with it and additional attacks though. Like, if it procced on the second hit of a Triple Attack then it would always proc on the third hit, yet it could proc on the third hit independently. Now that they changed the mechanics and it also works on the first hit we don't know quite how it works anymore. Did they make it independent? If it procs on the first hit of a TA, does it proc on all three hits? etc.

I'm having trouble with your WS damage calculation, motenten. Depending on the WS used it can yield a big error. I'm using the SAM spreadsheet atm. If I use the weaponskill tab and use

tachi: shoha and koga99
    184 WSC (J4)
    150 for Set1MainDmg (=J10,J11 and J13)
    I manually negate conserve tp and WSDmg in the gear selection
    I negate all the DA/QA/TA in the gear selection including the -10% from /war (E3,E4,E5 will look like 0)
    I don't use gorget or elemental belt
    2.25 ratio
    I force 100 TP (J7)

In theory, if I don't get am3, and since shoha is two-hit I am getting
    (184+150)*2.25*0.95*(1.3750+1)=1695
    =>The spreadsheet returns 1695 so it works

If I put AM3 on however, I should be getting, with oa3=20% and oa2=40%,
    (184+150)*2.25*0.95*(1.3750+1+ oa3*2+(1-oa3)*oa2
    )=2209.59

The spreadsheet is returning 2264. Problem. It's inherent to am3 calculation it seems.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You are calculating Oa2 wrong pchan, it's not (1-oa3)*oa2, it is just oa2. You need to use

(184+150)*2.25*0.95*(1.3750+1+ oa3*2+oa2) which gives you motenten's spreadsheet result, which happens to be the correct way to do oax. If you want to think if it in an TA, DA way it would be AM3 = 20% TA, 50%DA. I thought the consensus though is that it works more like a 100 sided dice. 40 sides are oa1, 40 sides oa2, 20 sides oa3.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any plans to activate cloudsplitter and Primal rend on bst sheet?
    It would be good to be able to run some comparisons w/the ODD on cloudsplitter and the OAT from aymur aftermath especially w/ the bonus damage for level 99.

Also, the information you have for primal rend is inaccurate. Byrth updated the bgwiki:

Statistical Modifiers: 30% DEX / 40% CHR
    Uses (Beastmaster CHR - Monster INT)×1.5 instead of a typical dINT term.
    This term caps at 434×1.5, or 651.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm not sure what is going on with the pup spreadsheet, but using identical TP gear, and identical WS gear except for the belt gives me weird results. Using vsmite, going from elebelt to sentry belt, my damage per WS goes up, but my overall DPS goes down, as it suddenly thinks it takes longer to get tp?

On an unrelated note, what does the overtp rounds value mean?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    I'm not sure what is going on with the pup spreadsheet, but using identical TP gear, and identical WS gear except for the belt gives me weird results. Using vsmite, going from elebelt to sentry belt, my damage per WS goes up, but my overall DPS goes down, as it suddenly thinks it takes longer to get tp?

Ele belt has conserve TP on it.

Quote Originally Posted by diasetsu View Post
    You are calculating Oa2 wrong pchan, it's not (1-oa3)*oa2, it is just oa2. You need to use

(184+150)*2.25*0.95*(1.3750+1+ oa3*2+oa2) which gives you motenten's spreadsheet result, which happens to be the correct way to do oax. If you want to think if it in an TA, DA way it would be AM3 = 20% TA, 50%DA. I thought the consensus though is that it works more like a 100 sided dice. 40 sides are oa1, 40 sides oa2, 20 sides oa3.
    Ok now I understand what he does and it's completely different than a 40% DA / 20% TA model that would be checked last. Though in practice it's close.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Diasetsu answered pchan.

@Xilk: I'll look into that during the bst upgrade.

Martel answered the issue on Conserve TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle
    That's the average number of rounds after you actually reach 100 TP before you weaponskill. This is to account for things like slow reaction time, repositioning (eg: sam needing to move for Overwhelm, or thf needing to move for SA), or other activities that delay your action (eg: shadows on nin, use of temp items, not wanting to weapnskill when the mob is at 2% HP, replying to someone in chat, etc).

I've found that 0.5 tends to be pretty common. Being extremely aggressive, or being in a situation where you don't have to do anything but spam weaponskills (eg: mob never moves, or you never care about the mob moving, and you never have to use temp items or anything), you can probably get it down to 0.2 or 0.3. It's pretty much impossible for it to get down to 0.0 in any realistic long-term scenarios, though you can still evaluate it from the theoretical perspective.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Upgraded version of Mnk spreadsheet uploaded.

The contribution of enfire too the melee DPS is buggy, at least in mnk'SS. The data B95 line should read
    =(B91*B93)+(B91*G$19*B76)+(B93+B94)*B90

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fixed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

On the MNK sheet, it appears that on the Data tab, E28 is missing the if statement that D28 has added in. That is, it seems WS Set 2 doesn't account for Boost-STR.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fixed.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A few minor updates, but mostly a note that Google has switched from Docs to Drive. The share link should be the same as before. Others should also have the option of moving the shared folder into their sync drive, if they have Drive installed. That will automatically cause the files to update any time I make changes; may want to have another local copy for the version you actively work on, though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nin spreadsheet upgraded. And yes, Nagi still sucks.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

In the BST spreadsheet: was wondering why in Set 2 my Crit rate was higher than it should be. After awhile, realized that it was applying the Crit rate from Razed Ruins off Set 1 into Set 2 as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bst spreadsheet fixed (though not upgraded yet).

99DRK's attack bonus is 72 (bg wiki) and is 60 on the spreadsheet. (It seems that crit pdif is not capped for DRK ws calculation either I think ? none of the ws are crit anywya I think)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Nin spreadsheet upgraded. And yes, Nagi still sucks.
    Awesome!!! Thanks Mot. Poor Nagi.