Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

OpenOffice is a bit abandoned since the split to LibreOffice. I'd stick with the latter.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No clue if it's been recommended before in prior pages, but by chance can you add /DRG to the Samurai spreadsheet?

That, and it seems Cheruski Needle (STR +3, DEX +2) is missing from ammunition pieces.

Last but not least, I might be doing this wrong (just began messing with this an hour ago), but... it seems you can't set different support jobs with each set (e.g first has /WAR, second has /DNC)?

Much obliged in advance.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Added /drg to sam. Made Wyvern Earring dependent on /drg. No jumps added, though.

Added Cheruski Needle to sam. Will work on other jobs later.

And no, right now you can't have separate subjobs per set. There's a lot of things that are dependent on the current subjob, and disentangling them would be a lot of work. Plus, for comparing stuff between sets, most of the time you want the subjob to remain the same, and that's extra hassle if they're not linked.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I see, and I appreciate you answering every question/request I had, down to the smallest detail.

Thanks a bunch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For some reason set 1 and set 2 in my thf spreadsheets return different values when the equipment and other variables are exactly the same. I changed each to match in all tabs.

I always get the same on the drg sheet, I open it with openoffice though so dont know if that is affecting it

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

@Khajit: Are you using the Thf or the Thf2 spreadsheet? Checking in Thf2, I'm not seeing any difference. The only point where you might be missing something is using different weaponskills, which don't get marked with different colors when they're different, and Evisceration/Exenterator might look the same on a brief glance.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, um... think I just noticed something (for the Samurai one, not sure about MNK, NIN and PUP), and that being it seems Usukane +1's set effect doesn't pick up accordingly just yet?

I was wondering how 12 attack was smashing 4% DA so steadily, sheesh lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    @Khajit: Are you using the Thf or the Thf2 spreadsheet? Checking in Thf2, I'm not seeing any difference. The only point where you might be missing something is using different weaponskills, which don't get marked with different colors when they're different, and Evisceration/Exenterator might look the same on a brief glance.
    I'll redownload them thf1 and check again. My current router is a piece of shit that deserves to die so i had trouble redownloading the thf sheet after i grabbed the thf2 to check both. The issue seems delay related as ws numbers are exactly the same. It however adds in a tiny bit more delay as best as i've been able to analyze by looking at the rawdata section.

Edit:
    Er for some reason it seems I missed the solows section when i had updated the thf2 one.
    I apoligize for the inconvenience and i'm grabbing my older versions from the recycle bin to see if that was what caused the issue in those ones as well.
    The thf spreadsheet I had last edited the gear in on the 24th seems to have the issue so th2 is fine. Thf needs work. All values displayed are the same until it comes down to melee dps.
    Redownloading thf to see if i somehow corrupted the file or something.

Why exactly are there 2 thf spreadsheets anyway?

Edit2: Yeah THF seems broken stll but im assuming we all moved on to th2?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The Thf2 spreadsheet massively revamped how it figure out overall damage when incorporating potentially stacked weaponskills (ie: the timing surrounding when each one could be used, held TP, etc). Because it's such a significant change, and the new calculations can be extremely sensitive to small changes, I left the original in place as well.

I'll take a look at Thf1 to see if I can find anything.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

A check of the Thf1 spreadsheet didn't show any issues either.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by IronPandemonium View Post
    Oh, um... think I just noticed something (for the Samurai one, not sure about MNK, NIN and PUP), and that being it seems Usukane +1's set effect doesn't pick up accordingly just yet?

I don't see anything, usu is winning with masa/amano with no cor, with koga obviously tenryu is winning since the DA is almost worthless

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by IronPandemonium View Post

No spreadsheet handles any sort of set bonus automatically. You have to add those things in manually on the Set Bonus line.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    No spreadsheet handles any sort of set bonus automatically. You have to add those things in manually on the Set Bonus line.
    I tried adding it in accordingly, but it wouldn't allow me to access the boxes; weird, hmm... guess I should try and grab a different program to view it with, since openoffice doesn't seem too compatable.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The PUP sheet needs Rancorous Mantle, Matanca Harness, and Nefarious Collar. Also, you can probably bump the 100% crit rate of Stringing Pummel up to at least 15% and possibly 20%.

As far as I can tell, the reason Stringing Pummel doesn't crush Victory Smite for PUP is basically due to their terrible gear options and general lack of STR/VIT gear. Also, Kenkonken is much better weapon when you aren't at the delay cap than when you are.

PUP-Stuff:
    Spoiler: show
    Double Marches (+5/+5), Haste, Boost-STR, 99 KKK, RCB as a Galkan PUP/WAR should be using Stringing Pummel for 4089 damage. - 684 DPS (not counting time it takes to build 300TP)
    Same buffs/character, Victory Smite would do 2913 damage. - 559 DPS

So AM3 KKK is about 20% better than AM1 Verth at the delay cap after making adjustments for that.

If you take off the Marches and adjust gear again, AM3 KKK is about 33% better than AM1 Verth.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Added the gear. Held off on changing the crit rate since there was some uncertainty mentioned on the talk page about your tests.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does the PLD sheet have a way to handle Excalibur's additional effect? Assuming it's a 15% chance of an additional 1/4 max HP slashing damage, could I factor that in the form of SCH or SMN enspell damage, increasing the corresponding skill, or you have those effects protected so they can't go past the skill cap?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Those skills are currently locked at 500 cap. You can manually remove the locks by adjusting things under Data/Validation. If you did that, then yes, it should work for that.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I was looking at the damage projection for my Sanguine Blade and wondered why it was so low (I know it does a lot more). Took me a while to figure it out. I don't know if it's like this in the other spreadsheets, but Sanguine Blade's calculation is wrong on the BLU one. As it is right now, INT doesn't affect it at all. INT affects it more than MND or STR by a good bit. I'm not sure how you'd go about making that change. I dunno if the creator is still updating these at all either. If not, could anyone explain how I'd go about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Blade Wiki Page
    Appears to use (PlayerINT - TargetINT)*2 rather than fINT. This INT difference does not appear to cap, making INT very potent for this WS

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Belgaer View Post
    I was looking at the damage projection for my Sanguine Blade and wondered why it was so low (I know it does a lot more). Took me a while to figure it out. I don't know if it's like this in the other spreadsheets, but Sanguine Blade's calculation is wrong on the BLU one. As it is right now, INT doesn't affect it at all. INT affects it more than MND or STR by a good bit. I'm not sure how you'd go about making that change. I dunno if the creator is still updating these at all either. If not, could anyone explain how I'd go about that?
    Sanguine Blade does account for int. If you add some into the custom row, you can see it affecting the weaponskill damage.

Int is applied as 2 * (pInt - mInt), and the dStat modifier is outside the fTP multiplier. Overall, you should expect roughly +20 damage from +10 int, compared to +12 damage from +10 mnd, or +7 damage from +10 str (before MAB/etc bonuses for each of those).

If you're not seeing appropriate damage value, then something else is wrong with the overall computation. If you can provide a damage value for exact stats or gear sets, I'll look into it.