BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: DPS Spreadsheets     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

How exactly do the spreadsheets calculate hits on Occasionally Attacks X-times weapons compared to double/triple/quadruple attack? I was messing around with OA2-4 stuff and I wasn't sure I was getting accurate results so I downloaded the WHM spreadsheet, set my offhand to Kraken Club, and messed with Brutal Earring's DA rate. As it went up (I went all the way to max) my DPS went up, but shouldn't it be going down since DA is calculated before KC's OA2-8 (and all I would be doing is attacking twice)?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Something to do with the probability of the higher multi hits and the DA boosting your mainhand weapon swings. Pretty sure it actually does come out to a very small dps increase.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah you must be right... I didn't expect it to come out that way. Just to test the theory I put on dual Kraken Clubs and as my double attack rate went up my DPS went down.

I can't figure out how to single wield without getting an error.... is there a way to single wield? >.>

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

To the left of the weapons are cells that say "Weapon". The second of those is changeable (TP set only; WS set copies TP set). Set it to "Shield" and put in a proper shield and it should work that way.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Thanks!

Is there any way to manually change weapon skill level? For example changing dagger skill grades from A+ to B-, or from level 400 to 300...

Also the WHM club skill merits don't appear to be working

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sorry, no easy way to change skill level. You can manually tweak it in cells K9/L9 of the Data page.

Fixed the club merit issue. New version uploaded.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I see ODD and Melee Multiplier. ODD seems to only affect jump damage. What is melee multiplier used for?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Eh, those shouldn't be there. I've been removing Melee Multiplier as a superfluous value, but apparently hadn't gotten drg yet. Also had the basic melee calculations not getting ODD O.o

Fixed and new version uploaded.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Hot, thanks.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Whenever I try to open the Thf doc, I get this error: Sorry, an error occurred while exporting your document. Details: The formulas on this sheet could not be calculated. Try removing some formulas or modifying complex formulas, like VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, and recalculate.

How can I fix this?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Which program are you using to open them?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'm just exporting to google spreadsheet and I use firefox. I tried the Dnc and Bst files and those seem to be fine for me.

Could anyone with a spare few mins please bang together a spreadsheet that would compare a DRK with Ragna/Reso and KC SE BW please? I think I could fill in the relevant stats from there. Thank you!

Looking at monk's spreadsheet, it seems that you count +1% crit dmg/hit during impetus even if you don't equip tantra body +2 ?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I'm just exporting to google spreadsheet and I use firefox. I tried the Dnc and Bst files and those seem to be fine for me.
    Hmm. Most likely to do with the slightly longer calculations needed for SA/TA weaponskills, then. I do know that Google Doc's native spreadsheet capabilities are more limited than a standalone program like Excel or Calc, which is why I don't use that for normal distribution (though somewhat recent changes have made that more of an automatic thing, with the download as a secondary step). I'd suggest downloading a copy to use intstead.

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Looking at monk's spreadsheet, it seems that you count +1% crit dmg/hit during impetus even if you don't equip tantra body +2 ?
    No, it should only get added in if Tantra body is included in the relevant gear set (line 63 of Data page). However it's wrong in considering Tantra+1 body there; that was from before the accuracy bonus was known, and I just assumed it was the same bonus as the +2 augment. Will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    No, it should only get added in if Tantra body is included in the relevant gear set (line 63 of Data page). However it's wrong in considering Tantra+1 body there; that was from before the accuracy bonus was known, and I just assumed it was the same bonus as the +2 augment. Will fix that.
    Ok it's correctly accounted, but I was mistaken by the impetus page. Manually changing crit dmg to 0% in "set 2" was affecting the DPS. Still it seems weird that the spreadsheet is using melee crit dmg for the WS crit dmg. (seems weird to consideer them different in the first place).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Updated mnk. Had to hack things a bit to get the acc bonus in for Impetus without causing a circular reference (which Excel handles horribly), so it'll end up a tiny bit lower than what it really should be, but should be close enough.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Ok it's correctly accounted, but I was mistaken by the impetus page. Manually changing crit dmg to 0% in "set 2" was affecting the DPS. Still it seems weird that the spreadsheet is using melee crit dmg for the WS crit dmg. (seems weird to consideer them different in the first place).
    It's more that it's considering melee accuracy to limit the value of the possible bonus during weaponskills. If you have an 80% melee hit rate and a 95% weaponskill hit rate, the average expected bonus you'd get during the weaponskill is not the same as it would be if your melee hit rate was 95%.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the suggestion Mot and also thanks for the time in creating this. I've never been largely involved in getting every last .001% of damage, but I figure with this available I can at least play with it for fun.

On a side note, while playing with the Dnc sheet I wanted to see the difference between dex/str/agi Thokcha's using Evisceration. The only thing I changed was the 2nd dagger, leaving Aluh as main hand. Everyone always says Str is the best dagger, but when I ran the different daggers, it seemed dex dagger was coming out ahead, at least in WS damage. Is Str the dominant dagger for all content?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Is Str the dominant dagger for all content?
    Nope, if you have capped or near-capped Attack for the monster you're fighting, the STR dagger is only going to contribute fSTR (until you cap) on WS, which is about a 25% mod. 30% DEX with alpha is also about a 25% mod, but it doesn't cap. That's how the DEX dagger comes out ahead.

Well, that or you're running uncapped Acc which is pretty unlikely against those targets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast