Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Add the corresponding amount of attack to the set bonus row, for example.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

BLU sheet doesn't recognize setting STP II trait (4 spells), stat totals for the "Total 2" column don't include the values for the K column
    Fixed.

Fencer doesn't appear to be implemented for single-wield /WAR.
    Added.

Phorcys Korazin has 5% WSD on the DRK spreadsheet instead of 7%.
    Fixed this for all jobs that can wear it, along with Rheic +3 (was 4% instead of 5%).

Any plans to add BRD AF3+2 set bonus, Boost-STR, and Boost-DEX?
    Is on the list of things to do.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I tried to ghetto-add Single Wielding to the DNC sheet after doing AM3 and it totally didn't work. Does it already have the support and I just don't realize it?
    It didn't, but allowing for it only required like 3 cell changes. Set it up to be able to do so. Pick 'None' as the offhand weapon.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In the DRG sheet, Do you think you could display the Avg Dmg/Rnd for jumps on the jump gear tabs themselves? For awhile I thought multi-hit wasn't affecting jump dmg. Took me a bit to find where it was applied, but hopping back and forth to the data tab every time I change jump gear gets old pretty fast.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Did you get a chance to look at the AM3 implementation for WS in the DNC sheet I PMed you?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Martel
    In the DRG sheet, Do you think you could display the Avg Dmg/Rnd for jumps on the jump gear tabs themselves?
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth
    Did you get a chance to look at the AM3 implementation for WS in the DNC sheet I PMed you?
    Messing with it some. Doing a full rewrite on the dnc spreadsheet.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Uploaded an experimental revamp of the Dnc spreadsheet. It includes all the various buffs mentioned recently, as well as AM3. If you have time, please check it out and let me know if you find any issues with it, or just feedback in general.

@ Byrth. Why don't you manually input the average theoretical formula in the spreadsheet ? At least it gives an almost perfect estimation on the WS damage (barring the tp bonus past 100%). The tp return change will not affect the the rest of the DPS much. For instance if your total WSD is =d for mainhand and d_subhand for sub hand, with da DA rate, ta TA rate, qa QArate, OA3=0.20, OA2=0.40 insert

d*0.95*( (ftp+3)*qa +(1-qa)* ( (ftp+2)*ta+(1-ta)*( (ftp+1)*da+(1-da)*( (ftp+2)*ao3 +(1-oa3)*( oa2*(ftp+1) ))))
    + number of additional hits
    + d_subhand*0.95*( 4*qa+(1-qa)*( 3*ta+(1-ta)*( 2*da )))
    ) * ( crit%*critdamage% * (ratio +1) + (1-crit%)*ratio ).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I was interested in the effects on WS damage. I added it to a version of the spreadsheet, but I think Motenten's implementation is more elegant and more complete.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Added.
    Thank you. ^^

Uploaded an experimental revamp of the Dnc spreadsheet. It includes all the various buffs mentioned recently, as well as AM3. If you have time, please check it out and let me know if you find any issues with it, or just feedback in general.
    Does this mean we might be seeing AM3 in the DRG sheet in the near future? /excited <,<

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Martel
    Does this mean we might be seeing AM3 in the DRG sheet in the near future? /excited <,<
    Assuming it passes muster, all the changes to the dnc spreadsheet will get migrated out to all of the other spreadsheets. Just don't expect more than one or two spreadsheet updates per day, at best. It takes a while to make all the modifications.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No rush. I'm pretty happy just hearing it's in the works. ^^

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well, haven't heard any negative feedback on dnc, so proceeding. Given Martel's enthusiasm, made drg the first upgrade.

Congratulations: 99 Ryu with AM3 is a beast. Beats pretty much any other weapon by a good 50% (save 99 relic, which it's only ahead of by 40%), even after accounting for building to 300 TP.

Also fixed some minor issues in the dnc spreadsheet and re-uploaded. Added Hrafn/Huginn gear to Drg.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

even after accounting for building to 300 TP.
    How do you take it into account? I thought of a method, but it would imply using at least two different spreadsheets, one for accounting for the average time and DPS during the buildup to 300% time, and another for the normal use of the weapon, in the time remaining.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, haven't heard any negative feedback on dnc, so proceeding. Given Martel's enthusiasm, made drg the first upgrade.

Congratulations: 99 Ryu with AM3 is a beast. Beats pretty much any other weapon by a good 50% (save 99 relic, which it's only ahead of by 40%), even after accounting for building to 300 TP.

Also fixed some minor issues in the dnc spreadsheet and re-uploaded. Added Hrafn/Huginn gear to Drg.
    Awesome. Thank you. ^^

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I don't think I fully understand the new sheet. How would I use it to set up a situation where I activate AM3 using Pyrrhic Kleos and then use Exenterator for the duration (until I need to build TP to 300 again to do one more PK and restart AM3)? Or a situation where I activate AM3 using Pyrrhic Kleos and then use 100 TP Pyrrhic Kleoses until I need to reactivate it?

AM3 does not overwrite itself. When I'm duoing with my WHM mule, it takes me about 30 seconds on average to get the TP back to maintain AM3.

AM2 also does not overwrite itself even if the new Attack amount is more potent than the old one. It makes synching "getting 300 TP" and "AM3 wearing off" something of a pain. AM2 looks like an attractive alternative (affects both hands, especially nice for jobs with high multi-attack and low attack like DNC) but the duration is too short to be reasonable and you need to use high TP to get a very potent effect.

Edit:
    There is also some kind of contamination with the new "None" offhand option in the DNC sheet. I have two sets that are identical and give identical results, but then I switch the offhand to "None" for Set 1 and both Set 1 and Set 2's DPS drop. Whatever the contamination is affects both melee DPS and WS damage.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd guess you have to estimate time on set 1 to get to 300tp, put minimum ws tp on set 1 at 300 tp, put set 2 at 180sec/100tp min ws ect. Is that correct or am I missing something there ?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    How do you take it into account? I thought of a method, but it would imply using at least two different spreadsheets, one for accounting for the average time and DPS during the buildup to 300% time, and another for the normal use of the weapon, in the time remaining.
    Set up Set 1 as normal, and set up Set 2 identically, except change the minimum TP needed to weaponskill to 300. Identify the weaponskill cycle time in Set 2 and convert it to seconds (eg: 32.6 seconds, round up to 35) and put that number in Set 2's Set Ratio value (bottom left of the Setup page). Total duration of AM3 is 120 seconds, so subtract that value from 120 (120-35 = 85), and set that as Set 1's Set Ratio value.

You can then use the Combined DPS value. You can simulate time between mobs by dropping the Set Ratio for Set 1 to correspond to time wasted out of the total 120 seconds.

Of course it gets more complicated if you also want to factor in other temporary buffs like Berserk, but that's mostly just keeping track of the totals, changing flags, and averaging the weighted results together.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I don't think I fully understand the new sheet. How would I use it to set up a situation where I activate AM3 using Pyrrhic Kleos and then use Exenterator for the duration (until I need to build TP to 300 again to do one more PK and restart AM3)? Or a situation where I activate AM3 using Pyrrhic Kleos and then use 100 TP Pyrrhic Kleoses until I need to reactivate it?
    Same as above, but just change the weaponskill used in each set (and gear for the weaponskill, obviously).

AM3 does not overwrite itself. When I'm duoing with my WHM mule, it takes me about 30 seconds on average to get the TP back to maintain AM3.
    Alternatively, allow the full 120 seconds in set 1 with AM3 active, and turn off Set 2's AM3, if you're not re-building TP for it during the AM3 phase. (might be misunderstanding this paragraph)

Will agree that getting the timing split done properly will be a pain because of the non-overwriting.

There is also some kind of contamination with the new "None" offhand option in the DNC sheet. I have two sets that are identical and give identical results, but then I switch the offhand to "None" for Set 1 and both Set 1 and Set 2's DPS drop. Whatever the contamination is affects both melee DPS and WS damage.
    Found the bug. fStr for set 2's offhand weapon was getting calculated based on set 1's offhand weapon. Fixed, and new version uploaded.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You may want to add Airy Buckler and Kudzu Aketon to the DNC sheet.

The WS set doesn't account for a lack of Dual Wield when figuring out WS TP returns with None selected as the offhand on the Data Sheet (D+E, 54+55).

Conclusions I've drawn from this:
    * With a level 99 Terpsichore, I'm better off spamming Pyrrhic Kleos than Exenterator with or without AM3 up.
    * Single Wielding a 99 Terpsichore with AM3 (Airy Buckler offhand) is not preferable to offhanding a 99 Twashtar even in high Haste situations /SAM without Saber Dance, but it is very close (494 vs. 504) and offers higher TP gain. It would be an attractive option if the level 75 merit party situations ever return. It's not a bad option for people without 99 Twashtars now, either.
    * Terpsi 99/Twashtar 99 maintaining AM3 seems to offer about a 20% DPS increase over Twashtar 99/STR Thokcha, though this DPS increase is largely dependent on your ability to live up to the cycle time in the spreadsheet. If you start wasting AM3, Terpsi takes a dive pretty quickly.
    * If you're using Twashtar/Thokcha, Rudra's spam is approximately equal to Exenterator usage. The winning combination would probably be using Rudra's enough to maintain AM and spamming Exenterator if AM is still up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast