+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DPS Spreadsheets     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

DPS Spreadsheets

Just for general recordkeeping and such, can keep info about my (or anyone else's) DPS spreadsheets here.

There was a bit of weirdness with Google Docs today, and a bunch of the spreadsheets dropped out of my shared folder for some reason. I think it's all back in place, now.

All spreadsheets have been converted to using a single weaponskill page. Vastly reduces file size, and simplifies maintenance.

Also added new spreadsheet for Bst. Does not cover pets at all, and you'll have to do some manual juggling for balancing out the effects of Pet gear, but hopefully will be useful for general gearing issues.

As usual, let me know if you find any bugs.

Link to Google Drive folder

NOTES

Format

The spreadsheets at the top level are saved using Excel 2007, in .xlsx format. They are usable in Excel 2007 or later, and using the online Google Sheets program.

There is a subfolder called "XLS files for Calc". These versions of the spreadsheets are saved out in Excel 2003 .xls format, and can be read by Excel 2000-2003, LibreOffice Calc, and OpenOffice Calc.

Setup

Items in red text or green background on the Setup page are user-editable, and should be set to configure the conditions you want to use when comparing gear. Red values are usually toggles (eg: Berserk on vs. Berserk off), while green-background cells are parameters for those toggles (eg: how much Enhancing Magic skill the whm casting Boost-Str has).

The user is free to set any of those to an appropriate value. To make it easier to compare Set 1 to Set 2, for most fields the Set 2 version gets an alternate background color if it's different from the Set 1 version.

The "Combined Results" section is just to allow you to get a time-weighted average of two sets, such as one with Berserk up and another with Berserk down. The numbers used are arbitrary, but by default represent seconds (eg: 180 seconds up, 120 seconds down). Anything more complicated than a 2-point comparison needs to be handled manually.

Gear

The Gear page(s) are mostly locked down to prevent stray overwriting of the lookup formulas. There are dropdown lists for all the gear you can choose for a given slot. There's an extra line that holds set bonuses for various combinations of gear (eg: the Thaumas set) that is automatically determined, so you don't need to do anything special for that.

In addition, there's a Custom line for each set group that allows you to put in arbitrary values for each stat, and can be used as you see fit.

All gear is entered on the Gear Lists page. If you wish to add another piece of gear, you may do so by inserting a new line between two existing lines in the gear group you wish to add to. For example, if you wanted to add a Rank 10 Manibozho Brais entry, you could insert a new line between the Rank 2 and the Rank 15 entries, and fill in the appropriate augmented values.

Do not add a new gear item at the very beginning (ie: between the header line and the first real entry) or very end of the list. If you do so, some of the named ranges won't expand properly to include it. If you need to re-sort the list, you can do so after inserting the item within the normal group.

Analysis

Almost all calculations are contained in the Data page. If you need to figure out why a given gear change has the effect it does, such as differences in hit rates, or crit rates due to dex, etc, you can examine this page to figure out how everything's being calculated and put together into the final DPS value.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Minor issue with (at least) the WAR sheet: the haste cell in the set bonus part has a % format, so it doesn't add up with the other haste cells for a final value. Has to be changed to number for it to add up well.

The size decrease in the spreadsheets is great, btw, they run much smoother in OpenOffice's Calc.

There's also a discrepancy, given the same gear/buffs etc. in the total DPS of the new spreadsheet vs the older version I had (not older than 2 months). Specifically, the Base TP time is greater (using Upheaval in Set 2) in the latest one. I've tracked it down to a discrepancy in the "Avg Rnd:" value in the WS sheet, but I can't understand enough of the WS sheets to go further.

Mot, are there any plans to create a sheet for Ranger/Ranged Attacks?

Edit: I do understand the complexity of actually formulating a dps column for Ranger, though. Was more interested in say, accuracy/per shot damage/wsdmg and things of that nature.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In the BST sheet, I can't seem to get OAT effects to work when the OAT wep is equipped in the offhand. You just get the exact same DPS w/ or w/out the OAT. Mainhand seems to work fine.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    In the BST sheet, I can't seem to get OAT effects to work when the OAT wep is equipped in the offhand. You just get the exact same DPS w/ or w/out the OAT. Mainhand seems to work fine.
    I noticed that on the 'melee' tab, the formula in cell B16 ("OAx (2)") was the exact same as in cell B8 ("Oax (1)"). I looked over at the DNC spreadsheet and changed the values of Cell B16 to match what was on the DNC spreadsheet. It worked and finally took note of the OAx information that I had, but my WS dmg went to 0 and my DPS went down to 36.

Minor note: I noticed that the ferine manoplas +1/2's stats were inaccurate (swapped), I'll keep an eye out for any others that might be off. I know this is really minor, but I figured I would at least let you know of this one.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich
    Minor issue with (at least) the WAR sheet: the haste cell in the set bonus part has a % format, so it doesn't add up with the other haste cells for a final value. Has to be changed to number for it to add up well.
    Fixed that on war; will try to keep an eye out as I go through the other spreadsheets for similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich
    There's also a discrepancy, given the same gear/buffs etc. in the total DPS of the new spreadsheet vs the older version I had (not older than 2 months). Specifically, the Base TP time is greater (using Upheaval in Set 2) in the latest one. I've tracked it down to a discrepancy in the "Avg Rnd:" value in the WS sheet, but I can't understand enough of the WS sheets to go further.
    I believe what you're referring to was a bug I fixed. Average TP per weaponskill was based partly on pre-Conserve TP values instead of post-Conserve TP values. Try removing all Conserve TP from the weaponskill and compare again to see if it matches up.

Oh, right, there was also another bug. Single-hit weaponskills (with no offhand) were getting two changes to DA/TA/QA instead of just one. But that shouldn't have affected Upheaval.

I did go through and double-check every single weaponskill page to make sure the values matched up. Most matched up exactly, or had one of the above bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill
    Mot, are there any plans to create a sheet for Ranger/Ranged Attacks?
    Hadn't planned on it, but I'll consider trying to put something together at some point.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Martel
    Fixed the OAT calculations for offhand in the Melee page. Also added the DA/OAT/OA2-4 axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keitaro_Taru
    I noticed that the ferine manoplas +2's stats were inaccurate
    Woops, had the +1 and +2 stats swapped. Fixed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey, awesome, thank you for making a bst spreadsheet.

There is one unique aspect of bst dd that makes a big difference and is not included at all: Killer effects + Ferine Gausape +2 and consequently Killer Instinct.

The combination of these can make a huge difference in bst damage. Bst can get up to ~40% boost in damage using Gausape & Killer Instinct.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you can provide a detailed breakdown of where it would apply in the math, I'll look into it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wouldn't it only apply to fodder anyway? Nightmare monsters are not part of families nor is anything in VW part of the regular ecosystem iirc?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Qilin, some of the lower tier stuff, maybe legion? I think there are some realistic current applications, and probably more future ones.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    If you can provide a detailed breakdown of where it would apply in the math, I'll look into it.
    The bonus from Ferine Gausape +2 is a straight damage multiplier. It gives 50% of your active Killer Effect as a bonus in damage.
    I'm not sure what order it is in damage calculations for other multipliers, but I do know tagging it on the end works just fine.
    I've tested it with magical and physical damage.

for example:
    At level 99 bst gets +10 killer effect from each of its innate traits: (Beast killer, plantoid killer, vermin killer, aquan killer, amorph killer, bird killer, lizard killer).
    So if a bst is fighting one of these, and has Ferine Gausape +1/2 on, they will get a 5% damage bonus.

Byrth did a really good writeup for bgwiki about it linking to the testing.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ferine_Gausape_%2B2

The bonus will also apply for killer effects which bst does not natively get such as undead killer, demon killer, etc.

I and several other bst's don't have a hard time already capping our killer effect w/ Killer Instinct up. All the killer effects+ gear and food are well documented on BGwiki now thanx to Byrth & Falkirk.

Killer instinct killer effect bonus needs the right pet, but its an additional 15 killer effect w/ a separate 15% damage bonus. ie. if you have capped Killer effects vs target, and gausape is equipped, you'll get 25% damage bonus. Also, if Killer effect is odd it will be floored, not rounded up. so 47% killer effect will give 23% damage bonus from gausape. Also, the separate 15% damage bonus from Killer Instinct is calculated in a separate step.
    Bst can keep this up 3:55/5:00 min now also.

This can be very practical for anything bst in the beastmaster ecosystems. VW and Legion certainly, also WoE, new nyzul, new salvage, limbus...

but Neisan is correct that dynamis' nightmare mobs don't actually belong to the families.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    for example:
    At level 99 bst gets +10 killer effect from each of its innate traits: (Beast killer, plantoid killer, vermin killer, aquan killer, amorph killer, bird killer, lizard killer).
    So if a bst is fighting one of these, and has Ferine Gausape +1/2 on, they will get a 5% damage bonus.
    I'm fairly positive they have +12 killer effect for everything @99 (They had +10 at 75 and got a II for everything somewhere along the way).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Naw, the base is +8%. Level II is +10%.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Naw, the base is +8%. Level II is +10%.
    Mea Culpa.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Added killer effects to bst spreadsheet.

Used +10 Killer Effect as a flat baseline; if you set job level below 99, it'll be a little inaccurate for some effects.

+15 KE from Killer Instinct. While not specified in the above post, I'm using the implied cap of 50 KE.

+15% damage from KI on top of KE, but only if KE is in effect.

25% of KE for AF3+1, and 50% of KE for AF3+2, is applied as a damage multiplier. I am assuming that this applies to all damage (melee+weaponskill) since testing also included magic damage.

All gear gets added as a flat KE value. It's up to you to determine if the particular family KE applies for your purposes (though almost all gear that I added is general KE, not family KE). Allowed a separate flag for food killer effects (only Bison Steak has any right now).

Does the "Pet: Enhance monster correlation effects" on the AF3 head have any impact here? Nothing on either wiki about it.

As a quick check, with KE active the AF3+2 set (set 2) is better; without KE active, the Porthos/Avant set (set 1) is better. Also don't see any KE gear that's worthwhile to use in any slot for TP or WS.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cool, its all working great except for 1 bit:

The KE boost will only be there if Gausape is equipped, but the Killer instinct 15% boost can be there whether gausape is equipped or not. So currently there is no way to compare just Killer Instinct bonus w/out gausape on.

The "Pet: Enhance monster correlation effects" from ferine +2 head doesn't do anything that testing has shown, although some use it for swap piece on pet ready moves. its not really applicable for this spreadsheet.

Yes, the KE boost from gausape does work for physical or magical damage, weaponskill, melee, or casting spells.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Cool, its all working great except for 1 bit:

The KE boost will only be there if Gausape is equipped, but the Killer instinct 15% boost can be there whether gausape is equipped or not. So currently there is no way to compare just Killer Instinct bonus w/out gausape on.
    "KE being in effect" means that you have an appropriate family match (and relative to the pet, if using KI), not that you're wearing the AF3 body. If KE and KI are both set to 1, but you're not using the body, you'll still get the 15% damage boost; you just won't get the addition boost of 50% of the KE amount.

You can verify it by checking lines 71-74 on the Data page.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    "KE being in effect" means that you have an appropriate family match (and relative to the pet, if using KI), not that you're wearing the AF3 body. If KE and KI are both set to 1, but you're not using the body, you'll still get the 15% damage boost; you just won't get the addition boost of 50% of the KE amount.

You can verify it by checking lines 71-74 on the Data page.
    Ah, I see. sorry for the over-site.
    thank you for clarifying.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a blu DPS calc anywhere? I've not yet been able to find one. I was considering converting a pld one but I'd really like to have a method to account for spellsets and ease of switching out various blu traits since it's quite annoying to modify random gear anytime I change a couple spells. If for some reason there already is one, it would save me from having to figure out how to do all that myself ^^;

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast