Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

y'all setting yourselves up for disappointment, they're gonna release some shit on handheld/ipad/phone/wii

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Threads of Fate remake/sequel.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    FF6 remake please.
    This would be nice to. I'd love to see FF3/5/6 on the PSP.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Got a feeling it'll probably be TWEWY2, which means 3DS...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let's approach this a bit more intelligently, shall we? Spoilered for WALL:
    Spoiler: show
    • A sequel (two if you count gaiden) to Chrono Trigger was already released. It was a terrible sequel, but a mediocre stand-alone Suikoden clone. Later, because SE no longer has innovative/fun ideas, its battle system was used in FF13. When the trademarks and domains for Chrono Break dissolved almost 9 years ago, the Chrono series died. A new one is never coming. Stop hoping.
    • In an interview from 2010, Nomura told the world of the status of KH3 -- without the ticker tape and fanfare. It will be Dev Team 2's next project after FFV13. It is not being "announced" tomorrow.
    • While the company has been QUITE outspoken regarding their inability to create FF7 in HD, and the special attention that is always given to the first FF title in a console era (IV,VII,X,XIII), the playstation era FF titles will not be remade/ported/turned inside out for a radical isometric 4D experience. Certainly not FF7. Certainly not soon. The sentiment from Wada, Nomura and others has been that the company will net far greater profit from exploiting new properties, leaning on brand names, and making 6 other companies do ALL of their work. Tabata's words concern me the most: the FF7 compilation is not only still open, but will also meet its end in "some other form," allowing for complete departure from its original vision. Furthermore, with the already appalling lack of FF8 and FF9 media, what (besides blind faith) would incline anyone to believe they would begin now, so indiscriminately? Where does your hope come from? There are no well-intentioned men at the helm of this vessel. Stop hoping in them.
    • FF15 is inevitable. Like we did during the unacceptably long droughts after FF10 when we heard FF12 and 13 were coming, the fanbase is banking on the eventual arrival of FF15 to redeem the series, return it to its 90s form, absolve it from its abominable current-era transgressions, etc. It is too large and too important not to exploit at a massive gaming convention. They are not going to spoil its announcement on something as petty as the siliconera website basically a month before E3. It would cost them millions.
    • Despite siliconera's claim that this unknown title is both "unannounced" and will be "surprising" to me, I wouldn't be at all surprised if SE used this opportunity to make a statement on one of their already very-announced properties. Maybe they'll even do some re-branding like they did for Agito. "FF14v2.0: No One Asked, But Let's Keep Trying," "FFV13: Older Than Some Kindergarteners," "FF13-3: $$$DLC BONANZA$$$," "FFX: Everything We Learned From PCSX2." Official domains for 13-3 are already registered. Remember when there were just 10 games and almost all of them were excellent? We're never returning to that. Stop hoping.
    • Most of the other innovative titles released during the SNES and PS eras have already seen subsequent sequels during the last console generation: Musashi (PS2), Parasite Eve (PSP), Valkyrie Profile (PS2, PSP, DS), FFT (GBA, DS), SaGa (PS2), Bahamut (DS). They have all been mediocre or worse (Romancing SaGa was used only to push the FFX2 demo, for example). Odd that, conversely, the "gems" of the PS1 and PS2 go wholly unmentioned today: Vagrant Story, Einhander, Tobal, Threads of Fate, The Bouncer, Drakengard etc. Expect nothing new from old titles; expect nothing new from new titles.
    • In a VERY recent Nomura interview, he addressed the TWEWY characters' appearance in the 3DS KH game, mentioning that a sequel to the DS title is on its way.
    • This close to he DQ10 Beta, I wouldn't be too surprised with a DQ11 announcement for 3DS or WiiU (or something entirely different). Truthfully, they've abandoned the precedent set with DQ8, where the company stated outright that they would retain the glory of DQ by committing to its position as a console powerhouse, leaving the "innovation" (deteriorate beyond recognition) to the other two flagship series FF and KH. But who knows? Maybe DQ11 will be an offline, booming, 1080p Toriyama adventure-scape for the PS3. No, it won't. This is not tomorrow's game.
    • Matrix, the company responsible for the wonderful 3D FF3/4 remakes on the DS, has been instructed by SE to make their own shitty games instead of moving ahead to FF5/6 on the 3DS. We've since seen FF:Four Heroes of Light, and the preposterously titled Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. Odds we'll hear they are moving forward with FF5 on the 3DS tomorrow? Guess.
    • As far as new proprieties are concerned, they're overdue. The last original in-house concept SE produced was The Last Remnant, which will become 4 years old soon. Enix, Eidos, Taito, Tri-Ace, Level-5, Matrix Software, IO Interactive, feelplus, and many other studios who go entirely unmentioned in credit rolls now make up the brunt of Square's workforce and revenue. But an entirely new Square-Enix game FROM Square? TWEWY is the only generally recent success story from this category, but I guess anything is possible. I still hold to the notion they are dumb idiots, however.

Just ask yourselves how many times the company has already made such announcements, how many times you believed them, and how many times they have since fallen laughably short of your expectations. I see no reason to believe that anything SE produces hereafter, by themselves, is capable of approaching the company's former acclaim. Read the wall if you desire, I provided some evidence for warranted claims. Sucks they suck so much now.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Star Ocean 5

Valkyrie Profile 3 would also be cool

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The bouncer 2- still a 2hr long sequelT

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My hope would be another Einhander game.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Lol thread is already turning into "I want FF7 remake.". I hope they never remake the game. You all love it for nostalgia goggles, yet I bet none of you could sit through the entire game again in this day and age
    I can play through FF4-10, CT, CC, LoD over again just fine. I love my old school rpgs

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Hoping for TWEWY2
    I'm almost certain its this.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmm..maybe the overseas version of Final Fantasy Type-Zero? Maybe announcing the PSV version.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    That is FF8.
    No one wants that.
    I would fucking love that.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Final Fantasy XIII-3
    A remake for FF8, epic troll when fans realize that its not FF7 being remade
    ^ will still turn out to be terrible
    Another FF4 remake
    Kingdom Hearts onahandheldWEDON'TFKINGCAREABOUTHANDHELDS
    Chocobo Racing MMO

Currently setting disappointment ratio to maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    Let's approach this a bit more intelligently, shall we?
    And then you compare Chrono Cross's battle system to FFXIII's, even though they're not even remotely similiar?
    Sounds like a glorified "modern FF suck" post if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Valkyrie Profile 3 would also be cool
    I would approve of this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Hmm..maybe the overseas version of Final Fantasy Type-Zero? Maybe announcing the PSV version.
    That wouldn't be unannounced or surprising anyway. Overseas version of Type 0 has been mentioned already.
    This could be the project being worked on by the "super secret" team that Nomura teased a while ago. I'm not expecting anything huge though, E3 would be a better place for that kind of announcement.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Can't wait for them to announce another game and never get any real information about it for like 6 years.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    And then you compare Chrono Cross's battle system to FFXIII's, even though they're not even remotely similiar?
    Sounds like a glorified "modern FF suck" post if you ask me.
    You know it is.
    FFs 11-13 are all nothing short of successes in their own right. But they're just "not good enough" compared to old school FFs.

Also, for the record because it had to be said, FF2 still sucked after they updated the game like 4 times. "Leveling" was literally masochistic experience.

But back on topic. I don't expect to hear anything from the main FF franchise later at siliconera. I don't think they're big enough a media outlet for something that huge