Thread: Hardcore Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Geez, my DPS is terrible...

4.5k HP
    271 DPS

(act 3)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

someone trade me Amythist Flawless to radiant!!!! I can give Rubies Emerald and Topaz!!!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My char literally must have a Hidden Gem finder stat. I got 5 Flawless and 4 Reg Rubies in the spam of like 15-20 min with an assortment of other gems but still Yayyy

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

brief HC break (but always available at a quick leave game / switch character) until I can get my 10th slot for an HC mode hero

gonna be fem WD. dunno name just yet. thinking Urila

i will be done with this tedium inside of another 5 hours of normal mode hopefully

Late edit: LOL no. idiot rora, wtf.

Gonna need The Hero's New Clothes in normal mode before deleting Athena (wiz) and making HC Urila WD. If you lurk and play normal mode too, add supafrench#1240 if you ever want to play with Athena and achievement hunt normal mode. This will require at a minumum lv60 and Hell Diff clear

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Ohai
    Old-school ffxi bg reader/theorycrafter, fenrir server wif roranora. He made me come hurr.
    Hi Aurik
    Fireal#1158

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

thanks fireal X.x

oh, we have a little more work to do than i had anticipated last night. been thinking about it this morning, not work XD

still ~4-5 hr i think

then delete done

edit again: newp, more wrong me

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

wow..

level 21 normal mode wizard (was still my lv10 prereq hero as of last night) finds ZERO public games with players in her range

this mode is already lul zombie inferno relentlessly til xpack

edit: this is hilarious the screen.. NO MATCHES SORRY.

16,000 current games tho, tough luck dude

edit 2: i did find one other on 2 separate occasions semi recently to be fair

Level 21 softcore, shouldn't you be in act 4 by then?

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Level 25 barb and just killed beliel. Such a joke how little damage he does.

Then again I have 4500 hp so :D

A3 here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    Level 25 barb and just killed beliel. Such a joke how little damage he does.

Then again I have 4500 hp so :D

A3 here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Too easy! I popped diamond skin once and chugged one pot, just cause.

I'm sitting at lvl 25 wiz with 270+ dps and 3.6kHP. I'll be back ready to play by 10:30EST or so to start moving through Act3, but I feel like we might need to farm it a bit before getting too far ahead.

Thoughts from people...where abouts should my HP be right now? Should I be focusing on more HP gear?

3.6 is absolutely tons for a3. I did most of a3 around 2600-2800 on my first character. I only spiked above 4k as I approached Diablo.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

7k for diablo or bust haha!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ding 44

738DPS 17k HP lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hmm, I'll consider losing some, not a lot, of HP for damage and Magic find, but I want to see how I fare in A3 first before I change anything.

I remember on my SC wizard, there was a mob in the basement lvl that one shotted
    Me. But granted, I had an unsafe/dumb build, and maybe half the HP I have now.

Speaking of builds... I'm debating on my passive skills, have two slots open. Astral Presence(is that the right name?) seems like a no brainer. Torn between power hungry and prodigy. Getting bask AP in Bursts or consistently getting back more all the time. And if things get rough, I can switch to blur and/or evocation. Has those up for Belial.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Ding 44

738DPS 17k HP lol
    This is the difference between HC and SC right here lol. I'm 44 with 7k HP and 1400 DPS haha. Half the HP but double the damage.

14k dps at 44? Really?

Currently at 22k hp at 48, about 1600 dps. And I have pretty solid gear in every slot.

Oxyminus and whoever else, I just started act 4 normal hardcore. Level 31 there now, you guys wanna team up this evening/night? I'll be out of work around 10 and in game around 11pm EST

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I have like 100 dps but I DONT DIE.

And I kill things in 2-3 hits so I think overall dps is bullshit haha.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    This is the difference between HC and SC right here lol. I'm 44 with 7k HP and 14k DPS haha.

Here's another difference I think.. (at least generalizing)

I think these people are your level 80 in 3 hours people from D2. This is so stupid. And sooo fucking sloppy. And this is not how you excel in Hardcore (and many play normal mode this way because they can; hell, I am doing it right now since I -can- die and then pay like 18 gold)

#1. Fucking idiot solo. No, like really solo. At least, bring a naked follower for a target. What the hell? Aaaand you hear audibly that he doesn't even have a single Jondar kill ever. Ever. Epic idiotic approach. Even better, one of his teammates: 'yeah i need it too'

..later on, 'i think this is too dangerous' ..not nearly as bad if you don't 12hr-to-lv60 your 2nd or 3rd hero

#2. Along with the hasty above (12-13hr lv60 really?) he is now definitely gimp and certainly did not aid his account and future heroes with a thorough 'growing up' through Hell difficulty. While the time is impressive and cool and yes, lessen his loss, it's just sloppy.

#3. No reason to be so angsty mad at any death ever. I know everyone different, but maybe it'd be easier to swallow if he knew in the back of his mind he had really grown his hero and gave her a chance in Daltyn's hole.

#4. lol, been saying I'll unlock stash in Inferno but hesitate to step down with Daltyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYodpD-KRbg

Oh well, he'll have 4-5 more 60s by the time I even clear Nightmare difficulty.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    Oxyminus and whoever else, I just started act 4 normal hardcore. Level 31 there now, you guys wanna team up this evening/night? I'll be out of work around 10 and in game around 11pm EST
    I teamed up with Syntex for A2. I'm at work but I believe he's going on ahead to farm A3. I'd be game to team up when I hit A4. Theoretically Syn and I could get to A4 tonight.