+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just finished act 1 normal god this is more stressful then softcore lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    Something that is completely broken in this game -although probably by design- is the fact that when you are in melee range when the animation starts and you then move out of range, you still get hit.

I mean, try this with one of those Ravenous Dead in OT. They are very slow. Turn on display damage numbers. Stand next to one. They raise their arm to hit. Their animation is slow enough for me to move out of range (like I would do in any other ARPG) before it hits. So I'm like 2 meters away when the blow still connects and damages me.

Of course, stuff doesn't kill me or whatever, it's just annoying. If you've played other ARPGs extensively, this shit is so counter-intuitive lol.
    May be a minor lag issue, but I've noticed with things that cast meteor (or similar) in A4 that I can be out of the displayed blast radius prior to the spell finishing and still get hit. This has been problematic at points. x.x

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    May be a minor lag issue, but I've noticed with things that cast meteor (or similar) in A4 that I can be out of the displayed blast radius prior to the spell finishing and still get hit. This has been problematic at points. x.x
    Frankly, this wouldn't bother me at all if the blast radius of Diablo's fireball was based on the fireball's position and not yours. As it stands now not only do you get hit by the fireball you have the whole fire patch to run through no matter what :\

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've had a rough day with some other people I've recently pulled in to HC. They're liking and getting better and definitely progressing. And both say they can't go back to normal mode, but they still traveling the learning curve of HC.

It's just a different type of sustained concentration. You know, people can be awesome and untouchable when they're really focused, but that's always up and down, and your minimum level of focus and defensiveness has to be higher. They've had a few dumb A1 deaths trying to hastily get back to where they were.

a wife aggro death, a UPS man at the door (and just hit T, but didn't watch it finish) death, and a cornered wiz death late in A2. No deaths for me since the first night disconnect death, but it's certainly slowed the day.

I see Aurik tearing up A3.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

The real question is who will world first clear inferno on HC.

I honestly think it will be easier then most people think because the boss fights are a joke if you understand the mechanics. The issue is wading through all the crap to get to that point.

Banned.

BG Level

Do random groups in HC just plow thru the story quests like everyone does in softcore? or I just have shit luck with groups?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Just beat normal diablo. Lv31 wizard haha. Goddamn each boss has me shitting my pants each time. Fun as fuck though.

Nightmare here we goooo

BG Level

Did it solo Euph or in a PT? and can you post your skill build?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

did it duo with my brother who was a LV32 witch dr.

my build at Lv31 was:

Electrocute>Forked Lightning
    Ray of Frost>Snow Blast
    Diamond Skin>Crystal Shell
    Blizzard
    Energy Armor
    Archon

BG Level

Well Blasto just died lv 17 Wizard in act 2

Got gangbang by 20 swarm bees mobs

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Do random groups in HC just plow thru the story quests like everyone does in softcore? or I just have shit luck with groups?
    Almost always a very thorough corner-to-corner clear of each area before proceeding. I plow through cutscenes and dialog in early A1 I know everyone knows. But as for the combat, make the most of what is loaded and placed in each area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Well Blasto just died lv 17 Wizard in act 2

Got gangbang by 20 swarm bees mobs

I should've been there

But I still have one more class to try from lv1 (missing monk) ;o

Sea Torques
    BG Level

that sucks rata, fortunately a lv 16 can be made in 3-5 hours so not that bad of a loss. Still sucks though

Beat Diablo this morning as well (last night was having a bit of latency so decided to wait).

Solo 31 WD / 4444 hp / ~55% mitigation (~60% with dogs up, which they were for most of the fight)
    Spec: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...eYT!ZdW!aZaZbZ

No problem whatsoever with the fight; probably dropped below 3k life only twice when I got caged.

Now I get to chill out in A1 NM where the monsters are slow and pose little danger, instead of hectic crazy act 4.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

gonna be a huge jump seeing an additional affix on rares+champs ;o

can't wait

Just hit level 20, wooo

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Scyleia (first DH, lv26, had killed Belial at lv24, back farming a2 sloppily, trapped, dead)

restarting lv1 '.';

x.x

What character next? Gonna do a monk yet?

I'll probably be leveling my wizard from 5 late tonight or tomorrow, along with gentle A1NM farming for money.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

guess i'll beat up a2 with barb. DH coming back very soon. before monk start. Scyleia was dominating; carelessness and awful group play got me pinched off

since Eury #1 was a disconnect death, here's our first archived hero '.'

Scyleia added a lot of value to the acct, for sure. still angsty about some items i let go. my bow was only meh though. armor/helm real nice

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eenshot024.jpg

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

gonna go to barb + enchantress set up like this.. never played with enchantress before o.o;

think i'll go Belial; I need to get this sloppy DH death taste out of my mouth

Edit: ok better now.. bashed the fuck out of Belial (and some frenzy too) now to get my vault ninja leveled back up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eenshot025.jpg

BG Level

Blasto #2 is almost at butcher close to where i left off and more dominating then before (HP wise) thx roar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast