+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

lol oxybagel, maybe time to nix the +xp/kill (obviously depends on your vital stats, and i dunno)

I'll stay with the 19% xp from helm through Nightmare, but shortly in Hell I'll drop that too and then just grind it out

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I think I'm at about 13k HP, and 680DPS. I don't think focusing on XP+ gear has gimped me, much. I've been eyeing the AH, and haven't found much to upgrade on my current gear. But I'll be phasing it out soon.

But to be fair, my near incident was more a matter of my build. Instead of using my usual blizzard + arcane orb combo, I've been going hydra + disintegrate. Not as much kiting. Much more getting punched in the face while blasting things down.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah exp/kill should be far from gimping you considering how strong the level correction is in this game

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Where everyone go?

Anyway, up to Kulle's archives in NM. Still using xp gear and yawning it up. Hoping to be back in Hell by the end of the night if I don't hit any snags.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I think you know where most people went.

To other games, until this one is fixed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

oxybagel, i has lv44 DH @ Terminus in Nightmare

lv40 monk earlier in A2
    lv43 wiz deep A2 somewhere~

sorry i been working so much. fireal dunno. jay dunno. aurik dunno, busy with work? little quieter on my FL, for sure, which isn't terribly surprising. And it'll rebound inevitably

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm lvl 44-45 at the archives. Gonna be around later?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

yes I was on later~~ (more tonight, but again only 1-2hr; sigh@work)

fun games last night, got a few levels. Kinda bummed I had to leave when I did, but oh well.

hay oxybagel, you remember that time I was like, 'hey let's do one more Terminus' and we found The Archivist? I do. That was cool. (5 out of 7 Haunted o.o)

I'll gem swap, maybe change a piece of equipment or two, and then it's Belial time!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hah yeah, that was great. We were JUST talking about him possibly spawning.

I got itchy fingers and took down Belial last night, but will certainly fight him again tonight when you're around.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

nice work!
    A3/A4 tend to come quickly and more easily after the Belial speed bump; hopefully I can make it there by the end of the weekend, if work is nice enough

Ridill
    BG Level

I disagree, the stuff that's a pita in act 2 is just bitch shit, a3 is where you start to get legitimately tough/dangerous mobs.

Although I suppose I always forget the add phase of belial, which is pretty real.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nah, I can stay off of most anything in A3, mob family wise. Tremors are mean, and phasebeasts are less annoying than numerous relentless types like lacuni, accursed, ghosts, fire element pools keeping you moving.

a3 is more bitch shit. soul rippers are like 70% of an accursed now, tons of skeletons and demon marauders and stygian crawlers, oh my yum

tremors are definitely mean though.. some fast/horde rare pack, aagh

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'll say vampiric + vortex phase beasts are nasty... Another wiz bites the dust!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

=(

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It's not a big deal. They were at the first sin heart, after the first Cydea fight, right at the zone line. I knew I was in trouble instantly, and ran back. Should have just zoomed past them toward the door to the next tower. Worst
    Part was being surrounded and having diamond skin, teleport, and potion all on cool down. Just had to stand there.

But it always makes me happy that I keep all my old gear!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

it is way nice that deaths cost you a lot less in D3 than D2 ;o (shared stash gold etc. nvm no corpse loot)

and also less frustrating in nature. drop hacks, tp/hydra/hostile, fire enchanted geleb, nihlathak ce, blah

i'm winning with 7 archived

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Assuming you don't sell your old gear, all you really lose is time. And with not needing to replace any old gear besides the set I died in, I am ahead in gold that I don't feel bad about buying some high-end gems which just breaks the game early on.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Monk is 23 and leveling quickly! I think I'll have all the monk achievements done soon as I have a softcore monk at level 38 right now.

I 12 shot magda and am 3 shotting champ packs. Gotta love gems heheheheh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I got the new wiz to lvl 10, and then got bored and ended for the night. I blame needing to sort out my stash and mules...cleaning out gear I don't need, and finding my xp stuff. +65xp per kill at lvl 10 hah!

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

I've learned from previous mistakes and now store all gems in stash instead of bag.