+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

hehe, good to hear. I've got a lot of avenging I want to do all over A2

I'm looking to play tonight and I just finished Magda, wanna party up?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

way slow reply '.'; yeah i'd love to. i'm gonna run an errand or two and be online about 30min from now

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    guess i'll beat up a2 with barb. DH coming back very soon. before monk start. Scyleia was dominating; carelessness and awful group play got me pinched off

since Eury #1 was a disconnect death, here's our first archived hero '.'

Scyleia added a lot of value to the acct, for sure. still angsty about some items i let go. my bow was only meh though. armor/helm real nice

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eenshot024.jpg
    glad to have recovered a DH. A1 sucks and Scyleia #2 is now playable and enjoyable

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eenshot026.jpg

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We'll i just lost my first HC char fighting Belial on norm... i pressed enter didnt notice and couldn't use any skills/health pots

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

oh noes

BG Level

Well Blasto #2 is halfway threw A2 at lv 21. Hope i can eep it alive

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Haha yeah an When i pressed enter it was right when Belial went meteor mode >.>; Oh well i've already started my next DH haha

Yeah, I got boned by a pack of champions (these are blue labeled mobs right?) with walling and just got overwhelmed and couldn't escape in time. Rerolled and hopefully won't drink and try to play my HC char again

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Questions about hardcore mode:

I saw that the gold/stash from normal does not go to Hardcore, but does Hardcore work for hardcore, so you can farm up gold/items to start another guy with? And what happens with your gear in HC solo? Just lost forever? If you're in a group, can they take your stuff?

Also, what all are the effects of hardcore, because if it's "normal" but without dying, I don't see it being a huge issue, so there has to be more than just being unable to die, right?

There's nothing special about HC other than dying being the end of that character and not being able to share things between SC characters. Basically a bragging rights thing some have taken too seriously over the years.

Alarial

I'd disagree. HC changes the entire game dynamic. You're careful, you care about dying, and every major fight is an adrenaline rush. The tactics change, and the game play is a completely different experience.

Normal Diablo is just "lets grind some more random armor and exp today until I get bored".

BG Level

Currently Wizard 23 almost 24 with 1.4k HP and 110 Damage

I plan to get minimum 24 but should i be fine for Belial and start Act3 or should i grind more?

BG Level

HC and SC is like a life choice

You choose to live dangerously (extreme sports and all) or boring life (read books and stay at home(like me)) lol

1.4k is really low for belial imo.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

for that first char.. aim for lv26 and 2000-2200 hp if you can for a little more comfort ~

I went early on DH cause I had a big barb there speeding it all up, and I went early on barb cause I had atypically high hp for that level

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    There's nothing special about HC other than dying being the end of that character and not being able to share things between SC characters. Basically a bragging rights thing some have taken too seriously over the years.
    And I'm sorry, but this totally doesn't do it justice. Get the fuck out about nothing special. (Not saying it's super special, but those are your poorly chosen first words) It's just different, and it's not for apparently 95% of diablo players.

Hardcore mode is, yes, simply normal mode with permadeath. But how it's played--or played well--is entirely different; your approach, your item stash are all entirely different. How many SC players are getting excited about a sword that will carry you level 15 to 25.. or an armor you know you won't need to replace until nightmare? None really, at least not once they progress farther. They can sloppily grind, undergeared til they stumble upon an Occy. And it's only a matter of time before they all find one.

In HC, all of these intermediate items for all classes are coveted. And your ability to rebuild and regear characters is legitimately tested. As someone who always built the fucking staff in A2 D2 and always got all the waypoints because that felt like part of my character, I always said fuck rushing. Let me afk in hills/cow and get lv80 in an afternoon. Lame. And Blizz knows it was lame. D3 isn't like that, and D3 HC benefits from it imo. It's more than just playing "normal" and then dying permanently.

You control your army of characters (for some people, that's more; for auriks not dying, it's not as many right now) and they all grow and will seek out items to help carry others, even if for only spotty sections of levels.

Like I said, too seriously. Not everyone plays SC so they can just herpaderp die 24/7. What you call tactics/skill is too often spun negatively toward SC players (in that they apparently don't have them). I get adrenaline rushes, too. I take my time to advance steadily and guarantee clear escape routes. We're all still trying to find our own shit to get by. I think we're a bit too early in the game's life to say everyone has Occy equivalents, too. Might it happen eventually? Perhaps. I'll never suggest HC for people, though, especially with the game's current server stability issues. And I'll be curious to see how many persist in Hell or higher since it's not like rebuilding is instant a la the rush/grind route of D2.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, all SC players herpaderp die 24/7 cause I said that. Not everyone plays HC so they can be 'too serious' for you. I know many laid back HC players (still not through A3 more so due to playing time and style than deaths) about playing than some of their SC counterparts

Never said no adrenaline rushes, steadiness in progression, etc. are traits completely absent in SC players. And I said eventually everyone in SC will have Occy weapons. No shit they won't have them day 4. Imagine D2 even if it could remain legit without ladder resets. People'd get it all in a hurry. It's just not as quick in a better built sequel, and the game just launched. The inflated difficulty in obtaining and retaining high-end items in the way smaller community is VERY welcoming to me. This is the exact reason I tried D2 HC, then couldn't go back

And I was very sure to keep quiet with all the bullshit aurik got for talking about it, but server stability, bullshit, whatever. We're here to play that mode, again, regardless of how unfair or hard it is. Yes, a lag death can happen. But it's not common in the long run; it's just a crutch too many lean on

Sorry for being too serious in our too serious thread about our too serious game mode.

Edit: And

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    And I'll be curious to see how many persist in Hell or higher since it's not like rebuilding is instant a la the rush/grind route of D2.
    some non-HC players think this will be tougher/more devastating because of the game structure. I think those hell deaths will be that much more invigorating and great learning opportunities because of how intense and long the hike was to get there. The people who will rebuild will do so impressively efficiently by then. The people who might be too devastated to rebuild.. well, I don't think they'll be too deep in Hell. But you're kidding yourself if you think Euphoria or Aurik are going to be too scared to play in Hell cause of the prospect of rebuilding

It may push away some of the 'softer' hardcore players who only stuck around in d2 cause they had Duriel mules and Durance wp, yes. It will be interesting to see, I agree

Edit #2: Found an example, Euro server. Dirge, lv52 dead Witch Doctor, died A1 hell. rebuilt lv30 in 6hours. You can't tell me that's not impressive. Whether or not you like HC, dismissing it as just 'too serious' (even though it's of course a subjectively true statement) is rude imo. This is a freaking online game forum; this is the stuff we praise and find interesting

Started building a powerlevel set
    +14xp/kill at level 1
    +33 at level 4
    +51 at level 7

Now I need to start building a socket set for lv 15. Gems don't seem to have a minlvl which means in the long run the best stat you can have at 15 is a socket

How's this for level 15? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast