+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by friedfunk View Post
    What are the odds of 8 amulets all the same stats all the same price on the AH at the exact same time.... is there a dupe out already?
    Purchased from a vendor.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

What are the odds of 8 amulets all the same stats all the same price on the AH at the exact same time.... is there a dupe out already?
    Magic or Rare? It could be from a vendor. I'd heard whisperings about there being a dupe, but I have no real information about it.

edit: lolbeaten

ah ok... that makes sense

If it's vendor sold, can buy as many as you can afford. Only rare items, when they show, seem to be limited to one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

And so I've taken the plunge (and partly from reading how much fun/stress you guys playing hardcore are having!) and rolled my first HC character. Any general tips, aside from "play more careful". How do you know what bosses/quests to farm before moving on further in the game? how to build your gear, etc.

Thank you, and will keep y'all posted on how it goes!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Best tip is grind more then a SC char. Did diablo at 31 SC but waited at 34 HC

Also yes yes i was in a party but i redid it solo after

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

yay rata, congrats

BG Level

yay now gonna grind on SK nightmare till 36 average

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

take care

vortex fire chains inc

if you're melee, you'll be welcomed with vampiric fire chains. either way, just playing to SK in NM will be extremely Keanu 'whoa' for the first time

Good luck, remember to always have an escape plan

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Grats Rata.

On the more grinding, what's the general philosophy there? in SC, I never really needed to pay attention if anything felt above my level or not. Do you just go back a mission if/when things feel too difficult?

And on that note...had my first death due to stupidity. Got to the pillars just before SK, killed one, and ran to the back row, while I should have obviously killed the other near one, cleared as many skeles as possible, then move to the back row. Dumb death is dumb. Glad I got it out of the way nice and early =)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Good luck, remember to always have an escape plan
    Thanks Aurik. I was lurking in this thread for a little while before deciding to take a chance on rolling a HC character. I took note of something you said you do, of having a power level set of gear, and one for farming. Though, I think (for now) I'm only going to roll one HC character at a time. I'm up to NM on my SC wizard, and that's fun/challenging enough =)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyminus View Post
    Grats Rata.

On the more grinding, what's the general philosophy there? in SC, I never really needed to pay attention if anything felt above my level or not. Do you just go back a mission if/when things feel too difficult?

And on that note...had my first death due to stupidity. Got to the pillars just before SK, killed one, and ran to the back row, while I should have obviously killed the other near one, cleared as many skeles as possible, then move to the back row. Dumb death is dumb. Glad I got it out of the way nice and early =)
    With Rora Tips this is what i did for normal

1-16 Act1
    16-28?average Act2
    28-33 Act 3
    33-34(35) Act 4

Speaking like i know all of this lol but

Repeat the act as many time as possible, if you get exemple to Belial at lv 25

Change quest like if you just started A2 and repeat it all over (more chance at rare too)

BG Level

Also just did SK with Rora earlier in Nightmare. While he was easy, he took fking long to kill lol (had like 120k HP or something) gonna be scary for the rest lol

Yeah I like 25+ for Belial. Leads to about 29-30 for A3 boss, 33+ for A4 boss.

With my +xp set, I'm at level 7-8 before I even return the crown lol. All you really need for this is a good twink weapon (I got one for 5k) and some time checking vendors for Adventure mod gear. Next I plan on setting up a vit/socket set at 15, which given the xp/kill I'm piling on I should easily reach before the end of A1.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

148k SK hp 2man nightmare

I like 5-6k hp to start nightmare for heroes, maybe 6-7k for barb. I had some pretty good normal gear (which now sucks in nightmare and I love that) and I feel a little sketchy 7.5k hp post-SK Fields of Misery

I had some vampiric champion savage beasts; that affix is soo slow for my barbarian right now

Don't forget to leverage the AH. Lots of people selling stuff at bargain bin prices (10, 20, 30k) that really can help out. 15k life now on WD at 43 Just finished opening the waterlogged passageway, so I'm about 3 dungeons from the miniboss.

Mortar ability sucks btw. Had a mortar superunique (purple) pack that I just basically had to kite across the entire map while my haunt and minions ticked them down. 700 damage per mortar and 4+ mortars per barrage is stupid. I still think I'm going to die when I run into my first jailer-mortar pack, and there's not much I can do about that without completely hamstringing my build by dropping haunt for spirit walk.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

nothx mortar

something for the wizards i noticed yesterday re: jailers, you can teleport while jailed. you're just still stuck wherever you place yourself

might save you having it set

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Thanks for the pointers guys!

I'm actually glad I got a stupid death out of the way so early. For one thing, it's a point of the game I can easily reach in my next sitting, and it hammers home the valuable lesson of being smart and not playing carelessly, which is basically what I was doing.

If anyone wants to ever co-op, with their backup toon or whatever, my battletag is Bagels#1747

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sooner then later I will be farming out a Staff of Herding for HC. If anyone wants to help when im done with work / DnD my tag is Azuark#1829

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 91 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast