+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That sucks man. Losing a char is one thing, but when it's because of d/c..

Yeah, I dropped when b.net melted last night, and it was an uneasy sleep. That said, I survived. Just gotta make sure not to drop while standing on a poison puddle I suppose because those will definitely kill me in 10 seconds or less.

23 WD now, closing in on the second miniboss in Act 2.

I'm having no difficulty now. Talent spec right now is http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XUYT!ZY!aZaaaa. I've switched back to the templar hireling. Most of the time my minions soak everything and I'm just chucking spider jars until everything dies; on big or fast packs I'm using groping eels as well for the snare and aoe damage.

Most of my gear has massive stack of int or vit on it; my base DPS is 187 and my life total is just shy of 1500. In addition, my mitigation with armor+int+talents is about 50% (and ~6% dodge). I'm also running the talent that gives me int bonus for a short time when I pick up life orbs, which means during big fights my dps gets up to ~260.

The first miniboss in act 2 is not very hard. I was level 19 or 20 at the time, had about 900 hp. No problems whatsoever with that fight. Of course, by then I had my gargantuan.
    I've heard scary things about the Act 2 end boss. Bunch of posts on the official forums as well that indicate he ended their runs. A friend of mine took 3-4 attempts in softcore, but he was a wizard, only running 800 life, and the Glass Cannon talent. I will be at least 25 when I take it on, though, and I have a very defensive build, so we'll see how I fare.

Could be ugly. Biggest trouble I had fighting him on my DH was all of my current damaging abilities root me temporarily. Won't spoil much further, but mobility is key in that fight.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

lol, first public HC game. getting restarted again this morning, decent group of 3 people, we mow through the game up to SK. the mnk and i accept, barb doesn't (he's level 10 but not "ready" yet) and so the mnk then backs out. I go in solo and they're like 'you're gonna get facerolled supa'

Slow fight, yes, but it's SK and beta experience, etcetc. But yeah, these people wanted to leave me to die, because at lv9 and lv10 they weren't ready for SK ._.;

Hmph, well 3 rares for me then

25 now, right up to Belial. Decided not to fight it yet, going to buy some boots with +movement on them for easier dodging first.
    I will have like 2000 hp for the fight, hope that's enough.

Edit: yay got some +11% movement +18int boots from the AH for like 1500 gold. What a steal. All ready for the fight now! Will probably try it after work.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

nice work aurik; I wanna see this WD here soon

2nd pub game went the same way (playing around dh, had to solo at lv8 dh with 2 people backing out) and none of these people are saying anything beforehand really. i'm not rushing the door and hitting the event or anything

I wouldn't go much past the SK without getting like 12-13 or some nice +vit gear. The stuff in the area past the cathedral gate starts hitting really hard.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

HC bound, probably later tonight, not sure what to main yet.
    Feintsmile#1654

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Anyone figure out a way to move without attacking? Especially as a WD sometimes I want to run into range of a group of enemies to cast my +INT buff but it's difficult because there isn't always a clear path behind where you want to run and you are forced to click around enemies sometimes triggering an attack animation which can lock you up. Probably the most annoying part of the game for me so far. The other part is how cumbersome it is to switch skills, the menu system is huge, the tooltips cover the runes, wish there was an easier way to switch between them.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Anyone figure out a way to move without attacking?
    Hold shift.

Edit: Nvm retarded. Disregard.

I'm going to join the hardcore ranks soon, just hit 10 this morning.

LordTurd#1978

I wish there was a modifier key to force move (like ALT used to do in D2)

You can bind force-move to a key. I have it bound to mouse3 and use that to move in hectic situations. Very important for certain bosses, eg. act 2 end boss (which I just killed, yippee!)

Note: force-move overrides holding shift to force-attack.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Raiune#1198

Monk makes HC a cakewalk. I started with Demon hunter on normal until act 3 and now on act 2 on monk. So damn easy so far. I'm sure Act 2 boss might give me trouble though.

Edit: Figures I would crash and come back in dead right after saying that. Back to leveling!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    I wouldn't go much past the SK without getting like 12-13 or some nice +vit gear. The stuff in the area past the cathedral gate starts hitting really hard.
    yeah I'd be a little higher (I think I was 10-11 on the first wiz run) but i found some nice DH stuff. she was a glass cannon through a1; I was way uncomfortable with a bad rare pack of charger things and a little uncomfortable with the Butcher at lv14-15. Stepped outside in a2 a little at 15.. back to A1, lol

one of the public game WDs died at lv15 in early A2 ._.;

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

new Eury is now lv12 with 1014hp, compared to my lv15 / 820 hp last night.. the spoils of another A1 play. the game's so well done

don't laugh at the 100 gold

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eenshot016.jpg

Banned.

BG Level

How the hell do you people get loaded on rare items? I have all of 1 and none on my lvl19 (20?) WD pussycore mode tho

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Gonna start an HC char when i finish Normal on softcore for story line

dunno what to do tho did MNK on Softcore

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

the coif and wristguards in the pic were random drops. i've been very thorough in clearing areas. the sword Eury is using now came from Scyleia's (DH) A1 boss kill

Far later edit: this above Eury ^ is still wiz#1 doing well. And the Scyleia above died cornered and trapped on my error at level 26. (May 20th-ish?) My only legit death level 2+

Jakuta, mnk #1, got 1shotted by SK at lv2

the army is growing well ~ ;o

Banned.

BG Level

Yes I'm exploring fully every area. I just reached Leoric's backyard, not even sure if its Act 1 or 2, and did got another rare, some DH only waist I think, that went the blacksmith way

I think I had like 600 hp when I took on the butcher I didn't expect him, though: there's no in-game tell that you're about to enter an unescapable boss-fight like there is for pretty much every other miniboss so far.

But yeah full clearing is a tremendously good idea when playing no-twink. Not only are you finding more items, but you'll keep up or outpace the target level which is probably the biggest factor at low level. Multiple chars feeding helps on the rares front too.