+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Complaint Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Well error 37 trying to log in now. Hurray for primetime.

They talk a lot about "Blizzard-level" of polish that they put into the game, micro-polishing for the last 2 years etc, but they ended up shipping a UI that is sloppy and terribly designed. They could have done a lot better.

For example, I didn't even notice the "server shutdown" message (probably because I'm focused on staying alive, not on text). Ended up getting booted mid-dungeon, luckily enough not in a dangerous situation. You'd think they could do something like pause the game with a giant modal dialog until everyone clicks to dismiss or 1 minute has passed (aka: like the boss encounter dialog) so that I know to get my character out of harm's way.

There's so many things in the interface that could be way better. For example, when I have the quickjoin options I have like 20 friends online, so up to 20 games...at 3 games per page. And none of those games show details without me hovering. And they seem to be unsorted (or at the very least, hardcore and softcore are not separated). And in order to scroll in the list I click arrows instead of having a scrollbar. Would be better if instead of this nonsense we had something like a little chart with things like 1) quest 2) friend character level/class 3) game type (HC/SC, private/public) and difficulty and 4) current party size. Then it should sort the currently selected character's current game type up top, then by quest.

Furthermore, even the friends list display is substandard. I can only see like 6 friends in a single page despite running 1650x1050 resolution. The friends are sorted oddly: At the top, realID friends without battletags (ie if they don't play Diablo3), then by BattleTag for realID friends, followed by non-realID friends. I can't tag my friends or separate them into custom groups, so my work friends are mixed in with my WoW friends, my FFXI friends, my other online buddies, etc.

When the friends list is open, it overlaps the profile window when I go to inspect one of my friends. In order to view the profile window unobstructed I have to close the friends list (the profile window cannot be dragged around) which then if I want to view a different friend, I have to re-open the window and search for the friend again. I'm sure if I could log in I could list a half dozen more deficiencies that they should have caught during their 2 year polish (especially since frontend UI is practically independent, should be stupidly easy to borrow a few UI programmer from WoW or whatever)

I can't even figure out the chat channels. I managed to join Hardcore chat and there was all of 3 people in it, but I couldn't figure out who those 3 people were. No idea what level they were, nor classes nor quests complete nor if they even were playing in a game at the moment (since you can stay in channels while in-game). The chat definitely has that "ghost town" feeling that SC2 had...lots of people playing but not many playing together.

Missing having a "friend's characters" ladder tremendously as well. I can't check on the progress of my friends very easily at all, and it's a huge hassle for me to discover which of my friends have characters in the level range of my characters so that I might suggest a cooperative game.

If you're stuck at the main screen and choose to look at cinematics (because perhaps the servers are down or something!), you only can choose cinematics that you have seen on that computer. The game doesn't do a "cloud sync" on login to acquire the list of cinematics if you play at multiple locations.

Soooooo many things.

Banned.

BG Level

FML disconnected, trolled by my ISP I think :<

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

story

Spoiler: show
    Absolutely hate that Diablo is last boss and not Tathamet ( evil side that was all 7 of the primes combined which was split from Anu which was the first creation ever who cast out all of his evil which became Tathamet who fought with the diamond warrior inside the pure sphere for forever until they both died creating the universe etc)

Once they said all 7 primes were inside the black soulstone i was like OH FUCK YES! then diablo plotkai no jutsu comes out of nowhere and im like how the fuck what is this shit? all the babies woulda cried if diablo wasn't in the game.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Don't forget bout possible Expansions

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My only legitimate complaint thus far is the joke of a 'cow level' they added to the game. I know it's supposed to be a joke and funny and shit, like the cow level in D2, but seriously, time and money was spent into making that bullshit level instead of fixing performance and bugging issues. Or, time was spent making that level instead of implementing PVP, really?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go here.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    My only legitimate complaint thus far is the joke of a 'cow level' they added to the game. I know it's supposed to be a joke and funny and shit, like the cow level in D2, but seriously, time and money was spent into making that bullshit level instead of fixing performance and bugging issues. Or, time was spent making that level instead of implementing PVP, really?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go here.
    Oh god they are murdering PONIES. THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Figured this might be the best thread to post this:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...noying-future/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I saw that. The anecdote about his wife's WoW experience was especially amusing. I sort of disagree that the gist of the article makes a good one for Cracked, as it's basically a personal rant that would be better suited for a blog, but whatever. The comments are more retarded than usual.

Got booted off for no apparent reason and now I can't log in to battle.net at all--error 3006.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

This game's installer is pissing me off, random speed drops to <100kb/s, now it's stuck at 99% with 4MB to go and it's been that way for about 4 hours. Tried restarting it a few times and following the FAQ, nothing

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Going home in an hour.

If I can log in: Beer and exping
    If I cannot log in: Beer and hitting the bars...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You should be good; servers have been fine for awhile now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I wish there were a way to cancel auctions if no bids have been made. My list is full of stuff that I'd overpriced, and I seem to have no way to rectify any of that until the auctions have fully expired. Default auction being 48 hours, I have another 12ish to wait.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    I wish there were a way to cancel auctions if no bids have been made. My list is full of stuff that I'd overpriced, and I seem to have no way to rectify any of that until the auctions have fully expired. Default auction being 48 hours, I have another 12ish to wait.
    Yes, this has been very irritating. x.x

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks like the auction house is broken again. :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

the AH started broken >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was working fine this morning

E. Body
    BG Level

Bought an awesome pair of shoulder pads off the AH. Looked like they'd be cool. They're fuckin' pink. Whatever, my barb's manly enough to pull it off.

E. Body
    BG Level

Just saw this on incgamers and cracked up for about 5 minutes at work.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ollllcats.jpg/

EDIT: whoops, sorry for the double

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast