Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Tenth Adventurer Appreciation Campaign Comes Crashing in! (05/16/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../8603/8603.jpg Today, May 16th, marks a marvelous milestone in the annals of FINAL FANTASY XI: ten whole years have passed since service first started in Japan!

Vana'diel would not be the thriving community it is today without ardent adventurers like you questing and crusading all across the globe, and for that you have our utmost appreciation.

Speaking of appreciation, it's that time of year again! The Adventurer Appreciation Campaign kicks off today, and in honor of the occasion, we present you with a special message from the development team in recognition of all that you have done for the realm!

Read on for all the decennial details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Square-Enix

Today, May 16th, marks a marvelous milestone in the annals of FINAL FANTASY XI: ten whole years have passed since service first started in Japan!

Vana'diel would not be the thriving community it is today without ardent adventurers like you questing and crusading all across the globe, and for that you have our utmost appreciation.

Speaking of appreciation, it's that time of year again! The Adventurer Appreciation Campaign kicks off today, and in honor of the occasion, we present you with a special message from the development team in recognition of all that you have done for the realm!

It is a wonderful feeling to know that Vana'diel has thrived for so long. Ten years to the day have passed since FINAL FANTASY XI was first officially released back in 2002, and the realm continues to prosper.

We may be considered the caretakers of Vana'diel, but the realm could not have grown so vast and vibrant without the aid and enthusiasm of adventurers like you, and for that we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Countless tales of indelible encounters and heart-wrenching farewells have been told through the years over Vana'diel's multiple continents, and those stories have imbued the world with a far richer history than we could ever have imagined. While there are those who have left Vana'diel for other shores, legions of gallant heroes and heroines remain to perform spectacular feats while stalwartly protecting the realm.

Through all of these trials and tribulations, however, the wind still bellows across the deserts of Gustaberg, rain gives way to rainbows over Windurst's walls, stars still illuminate the night sky above San d'Oria, and adventurers still roam the land in search of new discoveries. Should the adventuring spirit arise whithin you, myriad mysteries still need be uncovered and new chapters in the realm's history remain to be written. For as long as you can fight in defense of the realm, you will be always be welcome in your second homeland.

Thank you for all the wonderful years you have given to Vana'diel, and may there be many more to come.

-The FINAL FANTASY XI Team
    Producer Hiromichi Tanaka
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...603/8603_4.jpg

Illustration : Mitsuhiro Arita
    Event Schedule
    The Adventurer Appreciation Campaign will run from Wednesday, May 16, 2012 at 1:00 a.m. until Thursday, May 31, 2012 at the same hour. (PDT)

Participating in the Adventurer Appreciation Campaign
    This year, we have taken our traditional Anniversary ring and imbued it with a decade's worth of powerful magic! Dubbed the Decennial Ring, it will surely prove to be an invaluable item to any adventurer!

*Adventurers in possession of an Anniversary or Novennial Rings may still receive a Decennial Ring.

Event Moogle Locations
    Southern San d'Oria (J-9) / Northern San d'Oria (D-8) / Bastok Mines (H-9) / Bastok Markets (G-8) / Windurst Waters (north side) (F-5) / Windurst Woods (K-10)

10th Vana'versary Congratulatory Letters and Formalwear!
    In keeping with the Vana'versary tradition, distinguished individuals from across the realm have sent congratulatory letters to the moogles. In addition to conveying these thankful tidings, moogles are also floating at-the-ready to deliver some elegant formalwear to any adventurer who asks. Converse with a moogle at one of the locations below to claim yours! Once you have donned your new garb, speak with the purple-winged vendor again for an opportunity to prove your gallantry to all mooglekind.

In other news, certain Aspiring Adventurers throughout the three kingdoms are in severe need of succor! Pay heed to their entreaties and you might just earn yourself something spectacular along the way...

*Moogles will be doling out Dinner Jackets, Dinner Hose and Novennial Equipment this year as well. Adventurers who missed out on these items in the past may examine the box beside the moogle that reads, "Free to take."

following locations:
    Southern San d'Oria (I-8) / Bastok Markets (F-8) / Windurst Waters (north side) (F-9)

Mog Tablets Unleashed!
    Ordinarily, upon the discovery of all eleven mog tablets, three random Super Kupowers will take effect. For the duration of the Adventurer Appreciation Campaign, however, the full set of eleven powers will be unleashed. So go on, get out there and help your fellow adventurers scour the land in the search effort!

Brush up on details pertaining to areas hosting mog tablets and the list of Super Kupowers.

*The effects of Super Kupowers will remain active for one week (Earth time) following the discovery of all eleven mog tablets.

The 10th Anniversary Vana'diel Census
    The results of Vana'diel's Tenth Anniversary census shall be presented to the public around the middle of June. We will reveal more information regarding the census as time goes on, so stray not far from the bulletin boards.
    Please let "Should the adventuring spirit arise whithin you, myriad mysteries still need be uncovered and new chapters in the realm's history remain to be written." mean that there is more story-content headed our way in the future.

MaachaQ

I wonder if I was to reactivate sometime in June or later if I could still get that ring... No interest in reactivating at the moment, but should something "big" be announced at VanaFest I might be tempted to give FFXI a final chance to earn my money again...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

In other news, certain Aspiring Adventurers throughout the three kingdoms are in severe need of succor! Pay heed to their entreaties and you might just earn yourself something spectacular along the way...
    Most interested in this line. Wonder what we get from it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Most interested in this line. Wonder what we get from it.
    The banquet table synthesis materials, more than likely.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    The banquet table synthesis materials, more than likely.
    You also get the Decennial outfit from talking to the Aspiring Adventurers. Just run around and talk to them, you get three types of responses from them; either really basic questions along the lines of "oh I want to learn a spell that will make me invisible!" and you get multiple choices as to what magic shop stocks it etc. etc... all really basic questions you can wiki up quick if you don't remember. Or they need you to go look for ???s that are magazines they lost or fetch items from Moogles to them they need. Helping out the Aspiring Adventurers accumulates points, so far I've gotten the decennial hat, coat and boots (in that order) then followed by the banquetting table ingredients (that I have no clue wtf to do with atm) and the Memorial Cake furnishing.

With regards to the banquet table you get three EX pieces: Banquet table blueprint, Fabric and Wood and Moogle just says "you need to put them together but figure it out for yourself" so I'm a little lost with them. I tried trading the lot to my Mog House moogle (similar to Egg Buffet assembly) but nothing happened. I also tried trading them to a synergy furnace and just got the message that there's no recipe for that. So no clue right now how to build my table.

EDIT: continued helping aspiring adventurers and got the +1 armor set after the cake.

EDIT2: wowww... at a quick glance Chocobiscuit gives you +3VIT and Moogurt +3VIT. I was hoping they'd at least give you costume or something. -_-

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilia View Post
    You also get the Decennial outfit from talking to the Aspiring Adventurers. Just run around and talk to them, you get three types of responses from them; either really basic questions along the lines of "oh I want to learn a spell that will make me invisible!" and you get multiple choices as to what magic shop stocks it etc. etc... all really basic questions you can wiki up quick if you don't remember. Or they need you to go look for ???s that are magazines they lost or fetch items from Moogles to them they need. Helping out the Aspiring Adventurers accumulates points, so far I've gotten the decennial hat, coat and boots (in that order) then followed by the banquetting table ingredients (that I have no clue wtf to do with atm) and the Memorial Cake furnishing.

With regards to the banquet table you get three EX pieces: Banquet table blueprint, Fabric and Wood and Moogle just says "you need to put them together but figure it out for yourself" so I'm a little lost with them. I tried trading the lot to my Mog House moogle (similar to Egg Buffet assembly) but nothing happened. I also tried trading them to a synergy furnace and just got the message that there's no recipe for that. So no clue right now how to build my table.

EDIT: continued helping aspiring adventurers and got the +1 armor set after the cake.

EDIT2: wowww... at a quick glance Chocobiscuit gives you +3VIT and Moogurt +3VIT. I was hoping they'd at least give you costume or something. -_-
    Earth
    1x banquet table blueprint
    1x set of banquet table fabric
    1x set of banquet table wood

Amateur Alchemy synth, according to the new recipes thread.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    Earth
    1x banquet table blueprint
    1x set of banquet table fabric
    1x set of banquet table wood

Amateur Alchemy synth, according to the new recipes thread.
    Yay that worked thank you!

Just FYI it's not entirely Alchemy, my alt got 0.1 to woodworking (0 ww, 9 alchemy). Forgot to mention earlier as well that after you've gotten the parts once from the quest the other moogle who just says he's not doing business with you will sell you any table bits for 10k gil each.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...gilia/cake.png
    She's a small mithra but that's still a considerable cake... at least the Moogle seems happy!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There's a total of 30 Aspiring Adventurers across almost all the zones in the three cities (none in Heavens Tower or the Chateau, but some in the Metalworks). One (or two in the case of south sanD) per zone asks you to hunt down some KIs from a subset of the huge pile of ???s scattered around (try to get this one first, since the KIs aren't obtainable until you've talked to them), three total make you find a crafting moogle and collect a KI, and the rest quiz you on old quests and where to buy scrolls and such. There's also some random other stuff running around like Moon Rabbits and Sparkling Treants and other flashbacks to old events, which is pretty cute (in Windurst the dhalmels have escaped the farm and are wandering around the Walls, with treants taking their place). As you accumulate "stamps" for helping, one of the main two moogles will give you first the basic three armor, then the table materials, then the cake, then the three +1 armors (by 20 stamps you get all this), then finally the cash-dispensing ammo when you get to 30.

Fun way to blow an evening waiting for Diablo3 to arrive. Some of the dialogue is pretty entertaining, too. "Oh yeah, I'd heard bats were nocturnal, but I thought that meant they lived forever!"

Trigun

This guide was updated today if anyone needs more details.
    edit: use BGWiki link below it's more detailed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Or instead, https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Adventure...ign_2012/Guide

Just finished up with all 30. Still need to figure out if Moon Rabbit, Unlucky Beak, Twinkling Treant, Dhamels, or Fablinix do anything.

Tomorrow I will try on my mules to see if I can fill in which Tribues and Little Goblin Adventures go to which ???s that I couldn't get. (If anyone else can get them, it would be appreciated.)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Or instead, https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Adventure...ign_2012/Guide
    Tomorrow I will try on my mules to see if I can fill in which Tribues and Little Goblin Adventures go to which ???s that I couldn't get. (If anyone else can get them, it would be appreciated.)
    That's a great guide, thank you very much! In South Sandy, got Vana Tribunes 07 and 08 on mule, 7's at (M-7) and 8 at (G-7). In Port Sandy, Vana Tribune II 01 is at (G-6).
    In Bastok's Metalworks Tribune 06 is at (J-7) and 07 is at (F-8 )
    In Port Bastok Tribune 09 is at (I-5)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do we have any idea where the cardian statue comes from yet?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Do we have any idea where the cardian statue comes from yet?
    It would be logical for the Cardian Statue comes from the next Mog Bonanza,ut they did not add in the Arc Angel weapons that were supposed to be in the next Mog Bonanza so maybe not

The only other items not found so far are Mog Missile and Bubble Breeze.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    It would be logical for the Cardian Statue comes from the next Mog Bonanza,ut they did not add in the Arc Angel weapons that were supposed to be in the next Mog Bonanza so maybe not

The only other items not found so far are Mog Missile and Bubble Breeze.
    Isn't the Athena Orb still missing too? Looks somewhat like another "fanservice BCNM" type item, which would fit with the Next Bonanza idea.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Previous years didn't the moogle give things other than the ring? And you could wait for a "better" prize? He keeps trying to give me another ring.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

waited only a day and got a mog missile from the ring moogle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan_Kujata View Post
    Isn't the Athena Orb still missing too? Looks somewhat like another "fanservice BCNM" type item, which would fit with the Next Bonanza idea.
    Good point, but I didn't really expect that (or the Cardian Statue) to be from the Vana'versary. The BCNMs added since KS99 have all been named after Greek gods and goddesses, maybe they are planning on 99 High Kindred Crests, but it would be mighty odd for them to put it in before the BCs were added.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurstone View Post
    waited only a day and got a mog missile from the ring moogle
    Awesome. Good to know.