1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Artifacts Event!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Think he's probably referring to the Ascian that appears during the final CS of "Toll of the Warden".
    Ascian, yeah... that's what it was called!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The Ascian (Corse) piqued my interest the most. Everyone, including the beastmen were scared shitless of it. I hope they aren't scrapped entirely, though I'm sure they'll keep the mob model around for future use at least.

Don't remember them at all, I'll go rewatch the CS sometime.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Here's some pics if you don't feel like rummaging through your Unending Journey:

Looks cool enough to be worth re-watching, don't know why I can't recall them in the least.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Next major patch mentions content revolving around the Twelve. I'm curious if they will play a significant part in the future story.
    I really wanted to know wtf is with the ship also, it's gonna be a same if they scrap that completely since it's been a most significant 14 landmark.
    i have feeling the twelve are already people we know (i'm thinking the sharlayans; i.e., papalymo, yda, y'shotla, thancred, urianger, louisoix) and will suddenly be like SUP or the "primals" we're capable of summoning are the Twelve (though Garlemand being able to summon Alexander is a p. cool idea too)

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I wonder how much the 2.0 rehaul was based on storyline already planned for the game prior.

ie. was the original plan for us to stop meteor? was meteor involved at all?
    I think Meteor is a 100% Yoshida invention. There's nothing in the prior game to indicate Meteor afaik. As were any mention of the Garlaens actually in Eorzea. (Remember, Tanaka had like 3 months max w/ XIV as head-whatever-the-fuck, we got a new story team with Yoshi-P, yeah? [Edit: just looked new "game designer" and "artists" but I am not acquainted enough with the industry to know wtf the former means)

I'm having a hard time remembering the details of the main storyline missions as far as the ancient Ala. device and how specific they were about what it was. I know there was no reference to meteor prior to the content released after the handoff to the new team and the 2.0 meteor fall event plan came together. I can only assume the "device" was originally related to the big catastrophe in the opening CS that blasted Mor Dhona to hell.
    afaik there is no mention of the Allagan Empire in the Main Scenario at all.

Speaking of, how much of the events of the opening CS do we actually know about? Is it going to be built upon with the plans for the future story? It's obvious from the CS that the big....event thing that happened released the primals but it's not really clear how or what actually happened. It's clear that the wyverns were after the Garlean ships and after the huge juggernaut crashes all the primals come out (and Jorm* dies).

*I remember someone referring to the big dragon as Jorm at some point, don't remember where or if there's any veracity to it, but I've just gone with for simplicity.
    I think Erik, the historian in the MNK quests, explains the event that happens there. Midgardsormr (same diff, but the game calls him midgardsormr) is separate from the Primals-- he was apparently instructed by the Twelve/created by the Twelve/is descended from the Twelve? to protect Mor Dhona. There is no main scenario explanation I can recall for Mor Dhona being so important other than MOAR CRYSTALS.

Were the primals contained by the Garleans in the huge ship (restrain/harness their power)? Was the big event caused by Jorm's death or something in the ship (the Ala Mighan device)? Is Jorm a primal or are he and the other wyverns something else?
    As I mentioned above Midgardsormr isn't given the same definition as a Primal--and if he does turn out to be a Primal wtf. Cuz the other ones use aetheric power to manifest themselves and POOF when they get punched the fuck up. I always imagined there was a huge flux of aetheric energy or something which allowed all of the Primals to manifest or maybe this was the first time they appeared/set free like you said WHO KNOWS.

Also make sure you aren't confusing Ala Mhigo w/ Allaghan. (Allagan?) Allaghan is like the snail--they created Meteor/Dalamud/Crystal Tower back in the Fourth? Astral Era. Ala Mhigo is a city state in Eorzea which was conquered by the Garlaens before the game a la Tavnazia.

Is any of this going to be clarified in the future or are they just going to retroactively change the details to fall in line with the new story?
    I imagine a bit of both. It's impossible for us to get the "intended story" imo.

The Dragons are WAYYYY more important in earlier quests too. A lot of the class quests I've done have mentioned Ishgard/Dragons pretty heavily, so I'm curious most about themmm

Also I don't think Gaius was given a name other than "Imperial Legatus" before the Meteor era, lol. big-bad darth vader wannabe
    (Someone compared Nael and Gaius' concept art to screenshots of Omega and Ultima Weapon from FF8; mainly colouring and it's a pretty cool theory to me that we'll fight them as weapons! obvi crazy garlaen magitek technology makes Nael OMEGA WEAPON and that's our Legatus fight/1.0 end boss)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Also make sure you aren't confusing Ala Mhigo w/ Allaghan. (Allagan?) Allaghan is like the snail--they created Meteor/Dalamud/Crystal Tower back in the Fourth? Astral Era. Ala Mhigo is a city state in Eorzea which was conquered by the Garlaens before the game a la Tavnazia.
    Is the snail bit supposed to make sense or is that a typo.

And yea I haven't been making a distinction between the two, the names are so similar I assumed they were related to one another (I assumed the Allaghans were their predecessors or something like that).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I had to ask him the same thing <_<. He was referencing some snail you can spearfish.

Obviously they planning to expand Garlean influence so I wonder how many figures from there we gonna see in the future. Legatus is a Roman title for a general, I wonder if we gonna see Pretors, Magistrates, or an Emperor at some point.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Don't remember them at all, I'll go rewatch the CS sometime.
    While there were some decent, short moments in the main scenario, it was overall a convoluted and disjointed mess. I pray they don't attempt to salvage it in the least. It's not worth remembering. Meteor is their carte blanche to scrap it all and start over. They can have references to what's happening now, even reuse the assets, but any attempt to maintain continuity would be terrible.

Edit: The Ascian was cool, but completely random then essentially forgotten. Then again, that sums up much of the main scenario. The sharlayans (?) have been the only characters of interest in any way, shape or form thus far.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I had to ask him the same thing <_<. He was referencing some snail you can spearfish.
    =(

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

iirc one of the questions asked by folks was how is the story going to pick up after 2.0 launches. One of the things the devs mentioned would be a synopsis of what happened pre-dalamud, the dalamud event, and a direction to head post dalamud.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Where is this derelict ship you guys are talking about?

The massive crashed airship Jorm's corpse is wrapped around in the center of Mor Dhona.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It looks like the English final question has still been the only one answered correctly.

German Question: What is Yoshi-P's favorite food?
    French Question: What is Yoshi-P's favorite FINAL FANTASY monster?
    Japanese Question: What did Yoshi-P want to be when he was young? (I think.)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It looks like the English final question has still been the only one answered correctly.

German Question: What is Yoshi-P's favorite food?
    French Question: What is Yoshi-P's favorite FINAL FANTASY monster?
    Japanese Question: What did Yoshi-P want to be when he was young? (I think.)
    Or maybe the reps for those question aren't in yet . Basically everyone in the French thread answered Morbol and I am pretty sure that was a question a while back in a 'personal' interview. Through this whole event the only ones that have been on the ball to reveal the panels has been the NA reps, the rest lagged behind even when the answered was given nearly a day before. My guess is some of the reps are delaying the release so the event finishes right at the end.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I wonder what SE will do about the city storylines as well. Ul'dah ended with a murder mystery and an undecaying dead guy. Grid uh.... something with a wildling. Limsa was by far the most interesting with it ending with the Admiral dead/in limbo somewhere along with a teaser about some reprehensiblel guy that may have taught our character how to hold a gun. Strangely enough with Limsa, almost all of the NPCs' dialogue has been ninja edited as well to reflect the change in gender of the Admiral. The Admiral was a male in the original game with the NPCs still refering to him even after the release of the GCs. Now they only refer to Merlwyb.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

French one officially finished. Ultima looks badass.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

FR

Ridill